Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85659 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 12-Hostage situation
« Reply #300 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »

"... it seems like he just scuttled off. So I'll just free your friend here and go away before he wakes up and frees you too."

Release Sentry Green and go the  direction opposite of where Moon went. Then make a U-turn and join him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 01, 2011, 05:32:00 pm »

Leaf merely frowned. "This one's mind is made up. He's not going to trust us no matter what." The kindest thing to do was knock him out and hide him; when he woke up he could rejoin his comrades. The elf moved to hit him with a disabling blow...

...unless someone has a problem with this course of action. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 01, 2011, 07:37:04 pm »

GM intervention! If you could prove to him your Kai with some of your powers, he would be more than willing to trust you. He's afraid and paranoid after the things he's seen and witnessed over the last few weeks, but from what he said earlier, one can get the feeling he's got a lot questions of his own. Has anyone tried asking the man his name yet?

But, I'll leave it up to a team charisma roll to determine what happens if you guys are finished RP'ing. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 01, 2011, 08:05:24 pm »

See, if I was in already this problem would be solved- they'd know we were horrible monsters but be on our side anyway. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 01, 2011, 08:22:43 pm »

Dominate Mind? That way everyone will be your friend...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:24 pm »

Ahra's not around, Frelock's hiding, Darvi went to join him, and Taricus seems to not care... so it's up to me, then.

Leaves continued to circle the man, considering. "What would it take for you to trust us?" he asked. If it was too ridiculous a request, he was going to proceed with his original plan.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2011, 08:41:55 pm »

You know, when I read Irony' comment, I immediately thought of star wars.

"These are not the kai you are looking for. We are just travelers. We may move along."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2011, 08:43:54 pm »

A Kai isn't a Jedi. They're more like monks in martial arts movies. :3 ...With a few magic abilities, but still.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2011, 08:46:54 pm »

You do realise that jedi ARE monks that have a few magic abilities, right?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2011, 09:02:21 pm »

Ahra's not around, Frelock's hiding, Darvi went to join him, and Taricus seems to not care... so it's up to me, then.

Leaves continued to circle the man, considering. "What would it take for you to trust us?" he asked. If it was too ridiculous a request, he was going to proceed with his original plan.

Well...I once saw a Kai Warrior heal another soldiers wound, in a certain way. My brothers leg is still injured where a Giak hit him with a warhammer a few days ago. Fix him-I'll know it when I see it. I may not trust you, but I'll be willing to answer your questions if you help him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:12 pm »

Yeah, but we don't have light sabers and a prophecy that explicitly states will kill us all but follow it anyway. (All I'm saying is Two Sith < Unknown amount of Jedi, possibly thousands, is far from balance in the Force.) Anyway, the unconscious trooper is his brother, right?

Leaves looked over towards where he thought Mending Moon had went. "Moon, can you heal this man's leg?" he asked, gesturing at the unconscious man on the ground.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 01, 2011, 09:28:03 pm »

((Yes, he is.))

Close inspection reveals a badly treated laceration on the mans left leg. It was obviously done in the rush of battle, more done so to send him back into battle quickly than any thought to long term effects-he was apparently walking through force of will when he should have been resting it. Mending Moons grimaces-he can see this wound a few years in the future, and it's not pretty. He places his hands on it, and concentrates hard. The light that comes from his hands is intense-enough to cause everyone close enough to avert their eyes. The Goblin backs away, pale and breathing labored. "It's done. See for yourself." True enough, any trace of the wound is now gone...

Lest my eyes are decieved by some trickery, then I have surely seen a miracle of the Kai I once witnessed. No servant of the enemy would do such a thing, for the wound would never have been fatal...merely agonizing, and not a concern to them. Even I could tell that. Well, go ahead and ask what thou wilt-I'll help you as I can. I warn you to be quick though-if we're not back in an half of an hour, they will come looking for us...and many would not have been understanding as I was. Forgive me for my suspicions, Intiate...these are evil times.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 01, 2011, 09:35:12 pm »

"It is all right. We are careful about whom we can trust as well," Leaf responded. "I am called Sheltering Leaves. This is Mending Moon, and the man who spoke to you earlier is Silent Fox. The draconian is War Wind. There's another elf named Lone Wanderer with us, but I didn't see where he went to," he said, looking around. "We're on our way to Veyar to investigate. Can you tell us what happened?" he asked as kindly as he could manage.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2011, 09:56:11 pm »

I'll do my best...my name is Bronson by the way...

All the trouble started about a month ago. The Darkspawn were trying to force their way through the mountain passes like they do every summer-they never get far, but this year they were much more aggressive, as if they were more afraid of what was behind them than us. We were taking alot of casualties, but we beat them back and retook our outposts, like we always do...we only learned a little too late, some had gotten through.

All of a sudden, things went from bad to worse. Our Queen-an honorary title, since all three cities rule in conjunction-was struck down while she was giving a speech-by her own brother! Or something pretending to be...it turned into an undead thing right before the crowd and said "We are everywhere. We can be anyone." Then it laughed, and vanished as it never existed. I'll tell you, people started to get scared after that. Night curfews were enforced, and we started carefully inspecting everyone-orders from up top said to be especially careful of Sommerlunders-after all, the Queens brother was one.

The Giak kept pressing. We might still have held them but...Veyar. Our sister city was lost overnight. Those who managed to escape said the city had been overrun with undead-they rose up out of the graves, burst from the crypts, and spread. Anyone who was bitten, became one. No one who's tried to go there has come back...we're sure the source of the undead is there, though. If anyone could find it, we might keep it from consuming the rest of my country.

After this, Githyos and Erthon closed their gates and began burning villages suspected of plague-some were infected, others not... The Army was sent here to keep order, but their has been some disagreement on that matter...some believe we should not have abandoned our posts to the Giak, other that we should destroy the source of the evil, though we have not found its exact position. General Billon believes the greatest threat comes from your Sommerlund-he intends to fight them tooth and nail. He gave us the order to fire on anyone trying to cross the border, even diplomats and Kai. Most of us don't like the orders, but we're too scared of what will happen to our country if we do not follow them. We're being forced to fight an enemy in the dark...tell me, Kai, what hope is there? My land burns from within...

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:58:25 pm by Dwarmin »

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 01, 2011, 11:32:24 pm »

Mending Moon, now satisfied with his work, responds with comfort.  "Even a lone candle can force back the darkness.  We are here now, and shall do what we can.  Tell me, what do you know of the Keening Willow Cemetery?"
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 110