Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1308470 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.2 now out!
« Reply #10860 on: October 19, 2013, 09:29:35 am »

Players no longer take 2x damage from player-based damage sources. There are three wikis and two of them are done quite unprofessionally and are generally inferior, at least as far as I've seen. The best one is the gamepedia one - everything there tends to be correct or rapidly corrected.
The gamepedia one is the one saying that it deals 500 damage to players. :P

But the explosives idea deserves at least some testing, I think. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10861 on: October 19, 2013, 09:47:15 am »

Huh. Fair enough.

Anyway - explosives vs. destroyer is a relatively common tactic. The big issue is getting the damn thing to go in a straight line for long enough to hit it with the explosives properly.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10862 on: October 19, 2013, 10:05:39 am »

i usually make a grid like surface where the tnt can be placed and not roll away. the moment i see its head i drop it in the proper hole

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10863 on: October 19, 2013, 10:35:27 am »

Fought the Twins. Almost won, for the first time ever. But it was getting pretty hairy at the end. I was down to 18 health, potion still on timer, laser eye the only one left and it was at about 1000hp. So I was panicking. I was barely avoiding getting hit when potion timer finally ended. But in my frantic dodging, I clicked and dragged the title bar of the terraria window.

Windows (or my graphics card) didn't like that. Started stuttering and then few seconds later, BSOD.

Woe.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10864 on: October 19, 2013, 10:48:15 am »

Next time, you can use the "H" hotkey instead. I don't keep the potions on the bar nowadays.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10865 on: October 19, 2013, 11:07:37 am »

Running it fullscreen should help too. (I switch between fullscreen and windowed fairly often with alt-enter)

It's convenient to remap the health potion hotkey to something closer to your left hand, too, or a mouse button. (Not that you can use it very often)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10866 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:41 am »

Next time, you can use the "H" hotkey instead. I don't keep the potions on the bar nowadays.

I did, the problem was the dodging (or actually aiming my ranged attack to hit the eye while circling around it), not the "click the potion."

I'll try fullscreen mode in the future.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10867 on: October 19, 2013, 11:39:13 am »

Running it fullscreen should help too. (I switch between fullscreen and windowed fairly often with alt-enter)

It's convenient to remap the health potion hotkey to something closer to your left hand, too, or a mouse button. (Not that you can use it very often)

I've actually been doing this since the moment I learned it was a thing, and I've had health mapped to the F key for hundreds of hours of gameplay, and it's seen extensive use.

Of course, as I'm fighting the golem, my mind goes blank and I can't remember what any of my keybinds are.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10868 on: October 19, 2013, 11:57:55 am »

V is my health, B is buff, and I think C or N is mana pots.
Black lives matter.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10869 on: October 19, 2013, 12:18:43 pm »

Did not even know there was a hotkey for that stuff....would of made all the bosses easier than they already are.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10870 on: October 19, 2013, 05:56:10 pm »

V is my health, B is buff, and I think C or N is mana pots.
I think mana potion is J now. Used to be M but that is map.

I bound them to keys on my mouse anyway.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10871 on: October 19, 2013, 06:31:51 pm »

I just wildly flail at my keyboard and end up drinking lots of potions and throwing away my weapon.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10872 on: October 20, 2013, 04:32:16 am »

Mana potions seem almost entirely useless now...  Once you max out your mana and start getting the damage and mana discount buffs from hardmode equipment (or even just the gem robes now, which are pretty neat), I never seem to have mana issues unless I'm expressly trying to drain my pool (even then, it takes a bit of doing).

And if you are going to use them, just build a mana flower and don't worry about hitting the button anyways...  Oh, and the mana discount from nature's gift and a mana flower stack, last I checked.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10873 on: October 20, 2013, 04:33:19 am »

Mana potions seem almost entirely useless now...  Once you max out your mana and start getting the damage and mana discount buffs from hardmode equipment (or even just the gem robes now, which are pretty neat), I never seem to have mana issues unless I'm expressly trying to drain my pool (even then, it takes a bit of doing).

And if you are going to use them, just build a mana flower and don't worry about hitting the button anyways...  Oh, and the mana discount from nature's gift and a mana flower stack, last I checked.

Mana potions are better if you use rejuvenation potions I guess.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10874 on: October 20, 2013, 04:36:02 am »

What kind of options are there for underwater lighting?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 887