Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131365 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1095 on: September 20, 2015, 12:28:25 am »

Maybe the Voynich manuscript author has used their time machine to come back from the past.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 20, 2015, 02:13:30 am »

Goodness... So I finished the vehicle destruction level (the one with 10 vehicles you need to destroy)

And I checked and found that it has two skills I don't have... (Cybernetics expert and Drug Developer). Is there anything timed I should be concerned about here? Or can I do the bare minimum and save them? (because OUCH this mission has 0 checkpoints)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 20, 2015, 02:23:52 am »

Hmmmm...
No, nothing timed, getting the cybernetics expert is a bit tricky, but I still haven't gotten the Drug developer.
You'll have to look up how to get the cybernetics expert, though, because I can't remember the specific instructions.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 20, 2015, 02:28:45 am »

Hmmmm...
No, nothing timed, getting the cybernetics expert is a bit tricky, but I still haven't gotten the Drug developer.
You'll have to look up how to get the cybernetics expert, though, because I can't remember the specific instructions.

Dang that means one of those must be with the 4 guards chasing the prisoner.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 20, 2015, 02:51:42 am »

The four guards I came across accidentally, reflex mode'd them all, saved the prisoner, cybernetics expert yeehaa.

D-horse is good for that mission. One of the few missions I would say D-horse beats even D-walker.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 20, 2015, 02:56:58 am »

I totally agree with that.
Though, I must say the mission is great for cash, fulton as many tanks as you want to, activate the Phantom Cigar, and exfiltrate, bam, extra cash.
Alan help.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 20, 2015, 02:59:37 am »

The four guards I came across accidentally, reflex mode'd them all, saved the prisoner, cybernetics expert yeehaa.

D-horse is good for that mission. One of the few missions I would say D-horse beats even D-walker.

Honestly D-Horse is so unbelievably useful I cannot imagine anything honestly replacing it... Especially for that mission. Given that you can basically run up to vehicles and fulton them without effort. (Fulton seems to be the easy way to handle vehicles)

D-Walker must be flat out phenomenal if your saying that.

Though the annoying thing about that mission is fultoning vehicles doesn't get you what is inside that vehicle... which is personally such a really odd choice.

---

Another question. Does Tranq work on all enemies? Or do bosses and toughies only take damage from stun?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 20, 2015, 03:08:34 am »

Tranq works on bosses just as well as stun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 20, 2015, 03:13:04 am »

Ok good. Though Tranq's damage is invisible... which makes me nervous a lot of the time.

Also there is a big distinction between Non-lethal and Lethal. In that Lethal weapons are a lot harder hitting. Outside high tier stun and sleep grenades I don't see anything that does a metric ton of stun/tranq damage. Though luckily I have yet to see a boss who has any sort of armor so penetration is meaningless.

At least so far... It is more then possible I'll see some pretty amazing Stun/ZZZ weaponry later on.

---

I am starting to have quite the collection of vehicles. Is there anything I should be doing with them? I am kind of sad this isn't like Peacewalker where you could assign vehicles to teams.

So far I notice that SOME missions you can send your people on require a vehicle.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:19:33 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 20, 2015, 03:21:51 am »

You can take them out on missions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 20, 2015, 03:25:06 am »

You can take them out on missions.

I know that... Though honestly so far I'd just about rate them useless for missions. There are only a handful of places (and by that, I mean only one so far) where it would have come in quite handy.

Well, I guess it depends how "close" they are allowed to get you perhaps.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 20, 2015, 03:27:48 am »

Taking jeeps and other movement vehicles on missions is kinda wasteful, though taking something like a tank would make it easier to do most missions...
Alan help.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 20, 2015, 03:31:07 am »

Taking jeeps and other movement vehicles on missions is kinda wasteful, though taking something like a tank would make it easier to do most missions...

Just so long as you are a really good driver and don't drive to close to anyone. Though the game is sort of vague as to what that exactly means. Does it mean you can go by checkpoints but not into bases?

Because of all the bases and checkpoints I've seen so far... Only one was unavoidable. (sort of... If it is not on guard it won't send people to the front. If it is, it forces you to deal with them)

I mean... I've been getting in the habit of abducting all the bases recently.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:57:24 am by Neonivek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 20, 2015, 04:38:59 am »

D-dog for autospotting + jeep for mobility is a stupidly powerful combo that has given me a couple easy S ranks. It also taught me I can be pulling major air and ramp all the things 50m away from a Soviet and he'll be none the wiser.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 20, 2015, 05:56:13 am »

Vehicles, enter mission with them... then ditch it as soon as you get near objective/enemies. (You don't have to waste GMP/Fulton on vehicles with your emblem.)

Hmmmm...
Technically, two of the prisoners are timed.  The one people are searching and the jeep one.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 124