Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131349 times)

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #1125 on: September 20, 2015, 09:00:57 pm »

It's OCTOPUS ISLAND because you're the guy that showed up to defend.
And hey, BOXHOUND is the best emblem ever!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 20, 2015, 09:01:32 pm »

i havent gotten a box emblem part yet
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 20, 2015, 09:02:04 pm »

Meh, I use Non-lethal anyways. (And complain about it every now and then.)
Basically, with Non-lethal, you have a chance if you can get up quick.
Lethal, dead is dead, but you have armor/health regen.  Bring a high rank and you can survive more bullets.

And I don't use see any Rolan or Seven on my list.  My username definitely has the word Zangi in it.  This is on PS4?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:03:51 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 20, 2015, 09:19:07 pm »

Nope, PC.  Guess it's someone else who likes dwarf engineers.  Even if they aren't bay12, no regrets...
Is there any reason not to offer support to freakin everyone?  Not that it matters, I'm only choosing the emblem I like best from each random list.  Or from many of the lists, none.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 20, 2015, 09:21:47 pm »

The only logical reason is that you could get mission requests at an inopportune time and feel bad that you didn't help them.
Plus there's the GMP you lose from deployment.
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 20, 2015, 10:31:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure I hit a cap on # of people I can support, might not be one on PC version, who knows.

EDIT: Using locked characters, you won't lose em if you die/get captured in FOB.  I lost a few junk A+ guys dying in FOBs and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 12:06:05 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 21, 2015, 11:41:42 am »

So after being "done" with the game (82% completion, little to do besides play pokemon with animals and slowly S rank them all), the thing that eased the game the most for me was to start selling resources. They give so much cash, it's crazy. Currently, if I'm being lazy, It's just power-crusing through with the D-Walker and shoting the ballista at dudes or running around with a stun nade-laucher (upgrading the very first, basic nade laucher is very worth it) and then telling d-dog to get em. Doing No Kills, No bullettime, full stealth, no evidence (never fire a shot) - runs of the main missions is the most fun at this point, since normal dudes are never a issue in the small numbers they appear in.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 21, 2015, 12:01:42 pm »

I've reached the "how can I keep playing this game while acting as mentally deranged as possible" phase. Death is not enough. They must suffer.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 21, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »

I've reached the "how can I keep playing this game while acting as mentally deranged as possible" phase. Death is not enough. They must suffer.

Fun tip: use (active) decoys to see how many times you can throw them around in one go, aka conscript juggling.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 21, 2015, 12:57:28 pm »

I stole a guy and drove him way out of the way in the desert and kicked him awake. He pulls out a pistol and I disarm him and knock him out. Do it again but this time give him the opportunity to knife me before knocking him out again. Wake him up, steal his pistol but don't hold him up and apparently he simply can't handle it and falls to the ground stunned. Somehow CP nearly half a kilometer out knows about it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 21, 2015, 01:47:16 pm »

I really do want to wreck this magical CP place.  And HQ too...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 21, 2015, 03:58:24 pm »

I'm getting really sick of defending this palace from this flipping army (for no reason at all, no less).  The GROM takes 5-6 hits against the APCs' front armor, yet it's got the highest damage ranking of all my rockets.  Meanwhile the vehicles see right through smoke grenades, and supposedly stealth camo and sandstorms too.

The APCs are bad enough with their nigh-invincibility and knockdown shots, but the actual tanks keep sniping me from across the map.  If I see them launch a shell through my scope, it's too late to run.  But hiding gets the VIP hurt, and they retarget almost instantly since they know I'm around the building and they hang back pretty far.

I've tried replacing the GROM with the Brennen sniper, and it seems to work a bit better.  A lot easier to fight back against the infantry, and I can reload it from the ground.  Still takes forever to actually kill the vehicles though.  So far I've had the most luck just extracting them, preferably before they disgorge.  But that leaves me exposed to the other infantry (not like I have any covering fire to speak of, grrr) and to getting sniped by the battle tanks.  But they snipe me even when I'm indoors, with their shallow arcs, so yeah.  Those shells have a massive instant-kill range too.

Bluh...  Guess I should have upgraded the other rocket launchers more.  I upgraded the missile launcher for the support chopper, I don't think it's equipped though.  I'll see how that works, never used it before.

This mission sucks ass
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 21, 2015, 04:01:14 pm »

I'm getting really sick of defending this palace from this flipping army (for no reason at all, no less).  The GROM takes 5-6 hits against the APCs' front armor, yet it's got the highest damage ranking of all my rockets.  Meanwhile the vehicles see right through smoke grenades, and supposedly stealth camo and sandstorms too.

The APCs are bad enough with their nigh-invincibility and knockdown shots, but the actual tanks keep sniping me from across the map.  If I see them launch a shell through my scope, it's too late to run.  But hiding gets the VIP hurt, and they retarget almost instantly since they know I'm around the building and they hang back pretty far.

I've tried replacing the GROM with the Brennen sniper, and it seems to work a bit better.  A lot easier to fight back against the infantry, and I can reload it from the ground.  Still takes forever to actually kill the vehicles though.  So far I've had the most luck just extracting them, preferably before they disgorge.  But that leaves me exposed to the other infantry (not like I have any covering fire to speak of, grrr) and to getting sniped by the battle tanks.  But they snipe me even when I'm indoors, with their shallow arcs, so yeah.  Those shells have a massive instant-kill range too.

Bluh...  Guess I should have upgraded the other rocket launchers more.  I upgraded the missile launcher for the support chopper, I don't think it's equipped though.  I'll see how that works, never used it before.

This mission sucks ass

If it's the mission I think it is, then use the cells to the left to intercept tank shots until you've reloaded. If you have the grom fully upgraded, it should take two shots to make the APCs stall, so long as you aim low.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 21, 2015, 04:18:21 pm »

That mission really did suck indeed. I got killed by the very same goddamn tank a couple times. It even managed to shoot over the sandy hill it was riding behind, right into the room I was standing, right into my face. Without seeing me (i was looking through the binoculars and only just saw the upper tip of the tank's turret above the sand dune). Glad it's over with. Too bad the 'reward' kinda sucks as well though.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 21, 2015, 04:19:38 pm »

The """reawrd""" I got for it would have made the mission much, much easier for me. :P
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 124