Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 131114 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #735 on: September 08, 2015, 09:24:53 pm »

I do like the way that as the camera/Snake moves around you hear the air flowing past you, a lot of games neglect that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 08, 2015, 10:29:06 pm »

Bubby...

Bubby...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Huh, you might need to do other stuff first before it triggers again.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 08, 2015, 10:30:18 pm »

If he can run six miles nonstop he can consistently sprint at full speed for hundreds of meters. Gosh, Taz, don't you remember?

And...
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 08, 2015, 11:38:16 pm »

Holy crap I actually got it to launch, I think I can play again!!
I love that the main menu has a "Delete Save Data" option.  Yaknow... that thing they kept telling me to do ):<

I am way more happy than frustrated.  I'll be making regular save backups... despite being unable to alt-tab.  I'll just have to file-share the directory and backup via my laptop.  And hope that eventually my support ticket with Konami results in my corrupt data getting wiped from their cloud.

Time to replay the prologue... 
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 09, 2015, 01:34:47 am »

Enemy headshot response has been pretty high, forever.  Hats are a pain, heavy infantry are even more of a pain.
Maybe if I use more suppressed shotgun justice to deal with things, specifically making sure I don't hit the head.  Or when I snipe, I just hit the foot or something instead. But I feel that those types of tranqs tend to be awoken from faster.

Fun Tip: The max amount of each type of herb is 3000.  No indication either way if excess are auto-sold or not... actually, I could test that out later.  My reward box is full.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 09, 2015, 06:22:41 am »

i like the way snake runs at full speed infinitely like some kind of fucking cyborg

i mean

you know what i mean

Humans are probably the best species in the world at running for long distances, a 25 mile marathon would kill most animals we think of as fast and we do them for fun.  I'd prefer running forever to the other style of letting a trained human soldier run for ten seconds before he has an asthma attack.

Also it just occurred to me.  Has anyone ever actually gotten a serious injury?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 06:49:57 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 09, 2015, 07:02:18 am »

Yeah, the high-tier FOBs get kinda crazy. My security team is all A rank or greater now, so they're equipped with full ceramic armor and bullet-proof helmets. When I 'train' on my own FOB I can't even get past the first platform without either getting spotted by my drones or my veteran soldiers. You need to go full nuclear, maximum lethal to steal anything at all -- and even then, there are something like 50 soldiers (and I think they get reinforced too) in full gear, all crack shots.

It's also pretty fun invading other people's bases; my go-to loadout is a grenade launcher (for the enemy player) and an LMG (for everything else). Stealth ceased to be an option once the helmets came into play. I almost felt bad robbing one guy blind, killing him with grenades every time he respawned -- but then I remember he attacked me first, so really he deserves every bit of it. I swiped over 80,000 resources from the poor bloke, and must've killed 20 of his men.

I'm actually having a lot more fun with the FOBs than I thought I would.

That actually sounds like the opposite of fun.  I didn't buy a metal gear solid game to go ham.  I was expecting this to be sneak pvp.

The interrupt mission I mentioned seems intent on making me hate it.  First time I was almost there with no alerts when suddenly the game decided Snake couldn't climb and he fell off two railings to his death.  Second time I got the walk forever in one direction bug in the middle of a fight.

Just got into FOB.  Yeah, dunno how much I'm gonna like it.  The levels are all super cramped and mazelike and everybody's so kitted out stealth is almost impossible.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:06:58 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 09, 2015, 09:14:18 am »

i like the way snake runs at full speed infinitely like some kind of fucking cyborg

i mean

you know what i mean

Humans are probably the best species in the world at running for long distances, a 25 mile marathon would kill most animals we think of as fast and we do them for fun.  I'd prefer running forever to the other style of letting a trained human soldier run for ten seconds before he has an asthma attack.

Also it just occurred to me.  Has anyone ever actually gotten a serious injury?
Just twice so far, when I got really sloppy and engaged in lengthy shootouts.  At fairly short range, since I only use the tranq pistol...  So far... and charge into CQC a lot.  Basically I had to find a safe place and press E to apply some medispray (not an item).  Getting shot interrupted the action but it was fairly short, just had to get behind decent cover.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 09, 2015, 10:50:42 am »

Ugh.  I don't think I like FOB.  They're either impossible or they're so easy they're not fun.

And it seems like that's a common consensus.  Wall to wall grenade launchers, no balance, everybody just immediately going ham, macros and possible cheating on PC, everything I knew was gonna happen when I was debating buying the game.

It's a good thing the single-player is really good because this is to the letter exactly why I was reticent about buying.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 11:04:01 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 09, 2015, 10:56:00 am »

I've gotten multiple serious injuries. They're not fun.
Black lives matter.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 09, 2015, 11:02:08 am »

Mind you, the typical silenced rifle/tranq pistol loadout is definitely sub-optimal for FOB on either side.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 09, 2015, 11:22:19 am »

Looks like the best way to play FOB is to support a billion randoms and just do their missions when they come up.  Zero risk aside from potentially losing your player character, massive rewards.  I just got like 20 volunteers and 160,000 GMP
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 09, 2015, 11:35:02 am »

Apparently sneaking onto an FOB and tranqing everyone so there's no alert doesn't work. I still got detected.
I stole a bunch of precious metals, so it was sort of worth it, but eh.
Black lives matter.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 09, 2015, 11:44:29 am »

Hmm... someone actually claimed a victory on my FOB, the Intel section in the small hours of the morning.  Hopefully they ain't gonna be blockaded like all the other guys who previously hit me.  Need to rescue some people.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 09, 2015, 11:59:37 am »

Apparently I hurt the game's feelings when I said I didn't like FOB.  People conveniently look in my direction as I'm walking by and someone seems to have laid ducks, frogs, bicycle horns, and other noisy things everywhere I go.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 124