Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130952 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2015, 09:59:56 am »

Not sure where to put this.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/hands-on-with-metal-gear-solid-v-stealth-infiltration-and-cardboard-research/

If that information is anything to go by... MGSV might be like Portable Ops/Peace Walker.  Instant buy, both console and PC if so.

Gotta catch em all...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2015, 10:18:32 am »

Holy crap THAT necro... You just won the trophy mate! After 4 years it might be best to simply make a new thread hahaha. But kudos for searching and warning about your hesitation, you saved yourself a lot of lashing there :).
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2015, 10:19:42 am »

Why you no metal gear rising in the list ;~;
It's a metal gear game, you monster! D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2015, 10:23:07 am »

Damn this thread is 4 years old?

I swear we had another "Metal Gears??!!" thread more recently than that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2015, 10:28:43 am »

God, I love Metal Gear. I think I'm going on a Metal Gear Collection binge with my mostly-ignorant friends to prepare for Phantom Pain.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2015, 10:34:21 am »

Metal GEAR slime hunt? Eh? EEEH?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 09, 2015, 11:04:33 am »

Damn this thread is 4 years old?

I swear we had another "Metal Gears??!!" thread more recently than that.
I only did a board search for 'metal gear'.  And this showed up on the first page.  Checked a few pages back and didn't see any other MGS title.

Didn't realize this was 4 years old and yes, I also thought we had a more recent one.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 09, 2015, 11:10:04 am »

I created a short-lived general videogame discussions thread where we briefly discussed the convoluted plot of the Metal Gear series and who was "The good guy" before the thread disappeared forever.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 09, 2015, 12:28:01 pm »

I need to play these games someday. A friend offered to lend me the series, I should take him up on that offer.
Mostly I'm just looking forward to the new Metal Gear Online. I never finished number 4 but I loved the multiplayer. >.>

Also that was an impressive necro, dude. You're pretty much a lich by now! You must at least have an army of bone golems.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 09, 2015, 03:52:59 pm »

Whenever I hear about Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain, I think it is about fighting the ghost of that guy from 3 who was covered in bees.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 09, 2015, 03:56:28 pm »

You just might, there's been ghosts since the earliest trailer, back when it was a ruse.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2015, 09:33:53 am »

Zangi, thanks for the necro! These articles have been great read. I've always loved MG series for their plot and meta before the gameplay itself - I remember rating MGS in between Resident evil and Goldeneye in control scheme (really crappy back then) and never finishing it on PS1. And I forced myself to learn english mainly due NES Metal Gear...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2015, 10:26:23 am »

Whenever I hear about Metal Gear: The Phantom Pain, I think it is about fighting the ghost of that guy from 3 who was covered in bees.

Given that one of his teammates was an actual necromancer(or spirit medium if you want the more modern term), it's not exactly impossible - though given what happens in the MGSverse, saying something isn't impossible isn't saying much.

Also, I played through MGS1 again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2015, 10:34:23 am »

Also, I played through MGS1 again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »

Just started into watch some of the MGSV videos.  Lulz at one of the videos marketing the boots Snake is wearing.  Actually designed by some fashion designer, will be for sale too.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 124