Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269862 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15570 on: April 11, 2016, 04:00:18 pm »

...Please tell me that Garen support isn't an actual thing and that the people I see playing it are just fucking around.

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #15571 on: April 11, 2016, 04:06:11 pm »

Garen has a silence, what more could you want from a support?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15572 on: April 14, 2016, 06:33:56 pm »

...Please tell me that Garen support isn't an actual thing and that the people I see playing it are just fucking around.

"support" is a state of mind. Garen support is all about making the other bot-laners cry for the first few minutes and then trying not to steal too many kills.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15573 on: April 14, 2016, 07:28:08 pm »

"support" is a state of mind. Garen support is all about making the other bot-laners cry for the first few minutes and then trying not to steal too many kills.

"cry" is a state of mind.  If by cry you mean "CC the absolute fuck out of him", then yes :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15574 on: April 14, 2016, 09:46:46 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/riot-games/announcements/riot-pls-dynamic-queue-sandbox-and-league-2016

Sandbox mode: "while we’re saying we want to do it and, one day, we will, that’s the extent of this commitment."

Dynamic queue: "we'll make it better"

EDIT: I read the article before reading the reddit comments because I didn't want to catch their outrage before I even know what I'm supposed to be outraged by to try to make tl;drs that aren't, like, memey. Here's reddit's take:

TLDR: We appreciate your feedback but we know better than you.

EDIT 2: wow half the people on reddit lack basic reading comprehension, riot was pretty clear about not wanting to put solo queue back in at all and instead just try to fix dynamic queue, however that's gonna happen (i have no doubts they can find legitimate improvement)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:54:14 pm by Putnam »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15575 on: April 18, 2016, 11:21:20 am »

I don't have fun playing LoL anymore. I tried really hard to give this season a chance, but I feel like the effort it takes to win games is too much. Riot's anti-snowballing philosophy has made the game really stale for me. Now with dynamic queue, individual skill and effort is overshadowed by 3-4 man stacks.

I really need a new full time game, but nothing looks interesting these days.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15576 on: April 18, 2016, 11:33:13 am »

Heroes of the storm!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15577 on: April 18, 2016, 11:35:10 am »

Okay, so switching from LoL, if you want a similar sorta thing your choices are basically just HoTS and Dota 2.

Overwatch is looking fine. TF2 is getting competitive mode. CS:GO might be your thing, though it literally uses the same queue as League does now. Street Fighter V?

Dotabuff has a fancy guide for switching from LoL. I can't find anything regarding HoTS, probably because it's newer.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15578 on: April 18, 2016, 11:51:21 am »

Not that it really needs one since it's basically a simpler version of LoL. No items, you gain xp globally, you don't level up skills, just pick perks that buff or change them in certain ways and that's about it. There's a number of different gamemodes but they're explained in the loading screen anways so you shouldn't have much trouble there. That said, I wouldn't call it a full time game on the level of Dota or LoL, mostly because it's that basic and simple that it can get kinda boring rather quickly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15579 on: April 18, 2016, 12:45:26 pm »

HotS is basically LoL but even more casual. It's what the endproduct of LoL will be in Riot's current direction, but here now.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15580 on: April 18, 2016, 05:13:57 pm »

Okay, so switching from LoL, if you want a similar sorta thing your choices are basically just HoTS and Dota 2.

Overwatch is looking fine. TF2 is getting competitive mode. CS:GO might be your thing, though it literally uses the same queue as League does now. Street Fighter V?

Dotabuff has a fancy guide for switching from LoL. I can't find anything regarding HoTS, probably because it's newer.
If you're going to go FPS, do yourself a favor and don't ever fucking touch CS:GO. They took CS, stripped out pretty much everything that made it good, turned it into the closest they could get to a CoD clone, and then slapped on a fucking terrible matchmaking/ranked system while simultaneously neutering the traditional server-based system. That last has a number of problems associated with it: virtually all of the play is in shitty matchmade official servers (which don't develop the continuity or community you used to get), meaning that all gameplay takes place according to the shitty default game modes. No zmod, zescape, jailbreak, &c. and GunGame got turned into a fucking terrible mode that misses the point entirely. No server-specific tweaks, meaning no 24/7 servers, no custom maps, no non-standard player counts, an utter lack of no-AWP/auto servers, &c.

And that's on top of them fucking up the gunplay. They added in RNG; first shots are no longer perfectly accurate, and it feeds into the shitty new recoil system in which they made every gun have basically the same recoil pattern. So instead of single shot tapping and deep knowledge of how individual weapons handle, you have the same identical spray-and-pray with everything--might as well, since your shots can miss because "lol RNG" and there's barely any difference between an AK and a P90.

If you're looking to get into FPS, do yourself a favor and get CS 1.6 or CS:S. Source gets talked down by 1.6 vets, but apart from the larger hitboxes it's mostly the same experience. Telling someone to play GO is almost as bad as telling someone who wants to play survival shooters to get WarZ.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15581 on: April 18, 2016, 05:51:40 pm »

Last time I tried playing HotS, there was a lengthy queue time for PvP games and not so much for bot games. It's pretty casual as is, I don't think I could enjoy compstomping it for very long.

That said, I feel like a transition guide from LoL to HotS would consist entirely of "Welcome! Still refrain from being a dick, group up and encourage your allies to group up to take objectives when they spawn. If you don't know how something works, it's probably automatic or doesn't exist."

There's not much to it, but I've never seen letting an enemy take objectives to make it up elsewhere work.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15582 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:15 pm »

to be fair i haven't bothered getting CSGO at all yet lol, i just tried listing every game with matchmaking i could think off the top of my head

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15583 on: April 18, 2016, 10:42:13 pm »

As Jhin, got yelled at by my support for not buying attack speed items (I was, but my 0.87 attack speed made him mad ).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15584 on: April 18, 2016, 10:50:39 pm »

to be fair i haven't bothered getting CSGO at all yet lol, i just tried listing every game with matchmaking i could think off the top of my head

Yeah, it's a great example of how matchmaking can be utter shit.

Kinda like LoL, haha.  :P

But yeah, the simple addition of MM was enough to kill CS as a tactical shooter and turn it into a haven for MLG-obsessed children and manchildren.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1037 1038 [1039] 1040 1041 ... 1067