Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269757 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15600 on: April 20, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »

Unless you mean someone else by J4, Jarvan couldn't be less of an assassin. He's a lane bully for sure and if he's ahead enough he can just murder bitches but he's not an assassin by any stretch. Zed is hardly a lane bully, unless you're an assassin yourself. If you're ranged, right click on him every time he's in range and his bar goes down, and if you're melee wait for the shadow to come out to harass then hard engage. Diana and Akali are both in the "they can kill you at any point past 6" boat, but you can absolutely crush them before that point. Hard to be a bully when you're 3 levels down.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »

Right, and rightclicking him earns you the ire of his entire minion wave which will always be there because he'll be pushing constantly. That and a shuriken or two if his aim is good.

The only champ I can hold out with is Xerath, and that's because he can match his pushing power while having innate mana sustain which means you aren't left without a way to fight him once he decides to go in.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: April 20, 2016, 02:21:47 pm »

I kinda like going Nunu when I'm forced to go top. Because 1-He's piss easy to play, even if you're lagging, 2-you can tank up completely and still be meaningful in teamfights since you can permaslow, buff your adc and still wreck shit with your ultimate and 3-its nunu, he's a mega dick no matter who he's against and 4-I like to play with off meta tanky things that can do well unless the enemy team is specifically designed to shaft them, like Mundo, Nunu, and Tahm Kench.

That said, I only play Tahm as support, because, again, he's a total dick, specially against stuff like Brom.

I kinda feel bad for Aatrox. Its not like he's terrible atm, but he's just kinda underwhelming. He can hit really hard, but I haven't found an effective way to build him so he doesn't get kited and slaughtered in the late game. He's easy to read and has some troubles sticking to people.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 02:24:37 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: April 20, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »

i go Sion most of the time. i usually just try to get Ravenous Hydra. from there is farm to get more AD items. hopefully, i will be able to play the most close to the original AD build.

been testing AP build too. i undervalued the E and W damage. the new mage items should give interesting results for him i think.

i have won some matches as AP shaco top. but its mostly a locked lane. the traps and poke keep the enemy from taking the tower but i cant really advance further unless the enemy top tries to go somewhere else. its ok tbh, because i need the most gold i can get if i want to make damage later.

and of course, Singed, AD Malz and AP Heca......

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: April 20, 2016, 06:14:44 pm »

AD Malz fluctuates between broken and useless, and it depends entirely on how well you manage your voidling stacks. I really hope they didn't remove his AD build--or rather, I would be happy to see the kit changes make it possible to go voidling-centric with an AP build.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: April 20, 2016, 06:16:19 pm »

Voidlings now scale off both AD (for physical damage) and AP (for magic damage). I haven't seen how the numbers work out yet, but I assume building pure AD will give you similar or better damage to before, and with AP voidlings won't just be a skillshot blocker.

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: April 20, 2016, 07:04:53 pm »

So, how do I not die in the early game as Eve? I feel really squishy, and not very bursty, and I seem to get killed by almost any opponent. What am I doing wrong?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: April 20, 2016, 07:07:53 pm »

Basically, only ever get in early fights in advantageous situations. Always have an advantage in numbers. 3v2 or 2v1, it doesn't matter as long as your teammates are down with your gank.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: April 20, 2016, 08:13:14 pm »

^

The worst thing you can do with Eve is die early. Eve can exert tremendous pressure from level 2 simply because there's no way for the enemy team to know where she is beyond warding specific camps. If you pop up for a gank, you reduce that pressure for the duration of it. If you die, you severely reduce that pressure for as much as a minute, more if you keep trying to force ganks instead of catching back up. Only commit early as Eve if you're guaranteed to get your team kills.

3. Run Resize Enable

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: April 20, 2016, 09:02:42 pm »

Okay. I have been playing her in mid, but is this the place for her? How do I not get killed by mages/Zed and maintain CS?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: April 20, 2016, 09:05:42 pm »

Mid used to be a good place to go, but she's taken enough of a beating from various nerfs and retunings that she's really just far and away better in the jungle. First few camps are sketchy as hell, getting executed the first few times you play her isn't that abnormal.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: April 21, 2016, 03:05:55 pm »

Voidlings now scale off both AD (for physical damage) and AP (for magic damage). I haven't seen how the numbers work out yet, but I assume building pure AD will give you similar or better damage to before, and with AP voidlings won't just be a skillshot blocker.

"Summon a Voidling lasting 12 seconds to fight nearby enemies.
The first time a Voidling attacks a champion, large monster, or epic monster, or assists in killing a unit, Malzahar spawns a new Voidling with the same remaining duration. When 3 or more Voidlings are active, they all gain 100% Attack Speed.

Voidling Details:

--Attacks deal [40% AD] physical damage plus 8/11/14/17/20 [+0.05 AP] magic damage
--Deals triple damage to lane minions below 25% Health

copypasted from Surrender at 20......

on live they are supposed to deal 110 base damage at lvl 18 + 100% Malz bonus AD.

now they scale with the total AD it seems. and the damage is shared between AD and AP. still. you have to take in account that on live you only get to summon 2 voidlings at most. now you can field up to 4-5 of them one the enemy. and they get frenzied pass the 3rd one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: April 21, 2016, 03:17:13 pm »

Eeh. On live they're sitting pretty at 150% bonus AD when they frenzy, and you can get 3 out constantly if your mana holds. Is the rework scaling off of Malz's total AD or bonus AD?

Even if it's total and not bonus, still seems like a nerf. The only real benefit to having a bunch of weak voidlings vs. a few strong ones is for applying Black Cleaver stacks, and you hit the cap on those fast already. Granted, removing the micromanagement (and improving the synergy of the rest of his kit) is pretty big, but it sounds like they changed AD Malz from a bursty ambush/kite assassin to... AP Malz, except with a different set of preferred items.

3. Run Resize Enable

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: April 21, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

from what i read eah its total AD. i think its a tradeoff.

on live you can summon 2 and dunk people quickly because they are gated due to the limited time and that you have to spawn spells constantly in order to keep the stacks up. you can get them to do 800+ damage to towers or minions in lategame even.

such raw power wouldnt be balanced with the new W. so they had to tradeoff some power. now you are only gated to summon them by your mana and cooldown.

they scale with your total AD. checking the stats, without masteries or runes they start with 22 AD damage at lvl 1 + 8 magic damage on hit. so it theorically does slightly less damage than the ones on live.

now take in account runes and masteries and the damage should be equal or above the current base damage on live. of course. they dont get damage increase. but they are already getting a chunk of your AD directly, not counting armor penetration and magic damage on hit. along with an increase in attack speed when frenzied.

also, dont forget that R now does damage based in the enemy's maximum health. and it refreshes the effects of E on the enemies. this also happens with Q. so a well executed combo will wreck most enemies during trades.

of course. we'll have to test first....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:38:10 pm by xaritscin »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: April 21, 2016, 03:53:07 pm »

Yeah, I'm thinking that I might try a sort of hybrid build with him, since he's gone even further into the sustained damage pool.

I wonder if the voidlings can apply that mini-deathmark thing from that newish AD item.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1067