Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269793 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15540 on: April 06, 2016, 10:14:59 pm »

You could do all of this fancy "bait out the wind wall" stuff. Or just pick Malzahar.
Picking Malzahar into Yasuo is asking to lose. The one enemy Malz can actually ult past 25 minutes is the enemy mid laner, and only if they're AP. If you know you're against an AD mid, why pick Malz? Do you just really enjoy only having 3 skills?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15541 on: April 06, 2016, 10:19:07 pm »

Confusing Veigar and Malzahar there, frost?

--

If you're any good with her, Le Blanc is a good counterpick. Distortion completely negates Windwall (just W over it before using your combo, and you're going to be aiming to land on top of him anyways--there's a gap between Yasuo and the position of his Windwall when he casts it, so you have room for error). Distortion also makes it absurdly easy to dodge his knockup. At level 2 you can already start getting past his passive with Q+W, since the initial Q will pop it and your W + Q bonus damage will go through.

Basically all a Yasuo player can do (barring a large skill gap) is hard shove and hope the LB runs out of mana before she can kill him. Once she gets enough AP to insta-clear the casters with Distortion, all he can do is roam and try to get kills elsewhere. About the only weakness is that the need to Distortion over the Windwall means that the LB is going to be locked into using a W+Q+R(Q)+E rotation, so she'll exit in a predictable pattern--if the Yasuo manages to survive with enough health to keep fighting and has his tornado up, he can potentially catch LB returning to her mark and get the ult off.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: April 06, 2016, 10:25:51 pm »

Confusing Veigar and Malzahar there, frost?
No. Veigar has an ult always, he just needs to bait out the windwall.

Malzahar doesn't have an ult against any AD champion past 25 minutes. His ult is the worst ult any mage has in the game right now, in no small part because QSS already makes Malz sad from his Q and E being purgable, but then it breaks suppress too, so now Malz either gives up a very significant portion of his damage to not be a sitting duck or he sits his ass down and gets murdered and hopes he has more dps.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: April 06, 2016, 11:07:01 pm »

The reason AD champs make Malz sad is because QSS's upgrade is actually not a complete waste of a slot for them and thus they're more likely to build it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: April 06, 2016, 11:30:35 pm »

It's not only not a complete waste, Merc Scimitar is very highly rated in many games for ranged ADs, never mind when it literally invalidates an opponent.

Honestly, the smart play for against Malz is to have 5 QSSes, or maybe 4 if your support is safe out of range, even on your AP champs. 1300 gold to make the game a 4v5 is okay value.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: April 06, 2016, 11:54:14 pm »

Oh, right. In a 1v1, yeah, no doubt. And I suppose in shit-tier games where people don't know how to stagger hard CC.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: April 07, 2016, 12:34:55 pm »

I wouldn't call Swain a counter to Yasuo, sure you're not hampered by the short range but Yas is far too mobile for you to lock down properly and kill. It's doable if he's shit or you get camped until level six where you kill him just by being nearby but before that you'll have trouble farming or poking him properly for the most part.

Annie works like a charm and is in fact my go to gal for countering the twats these days (as I seem to face Yas every other game I play on mid). Tho Annie is kinda stupidly strong regardless if you have the basic ability to count your spell casts.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: April 07, 2016, 12:48:56 pm »

I've used Malzahar as a counter pick to Yasuo, basically because you have abilities that can bypass windwall, you have decent wave clear and a silence (Cho'gath works too). You don't have to crush him, if yasuo can't snowball, you did your job. If you can match his waveclear, he'll have trouble roaming without losing his turret. Did you force him to buy an early quicksilver sash? Great, now he's 1300 gold away from his snowball items. I mainly use the ult for pickoff when I roam to other lanes - in team fights it's not great, as an immobile mage I'm generally unable to safely hit any of the ranged carries with it, I will mostly use it as peel against their engagers (tanks don't build quicksilver sash so much), perhaps the best use late game is nearer the end of the fight as a finisher when a lot of resources have already been blown. Luckily Q, W, E and the voidlings are all pretty decent for team fights, and the xhonya's you're building early against yasuo helps you survive the initial engage whilst still putting out damage.
 I've not yet played malz in season 6, no more mana potions could make countering an early aggressive push from resourceless ad champs a bit tougher. For masteries taking meditation rather than merciless from the cunning tree would help. What's the current theory on corrupting potion? It might be worth taking with teleport, but doran's ring is hard to beat.
 Bonus malzahar vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IADTWQM508

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: April 07, 2016, 01:09:27 pm »

It's funny, Hunter's Talisman was actually a big stealth buff to jungle Malz.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: April 07, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »

I wouldn't call Swain a counter to Yasuo, sure you're not hampered by the short range but Yas is far too mobile for you to lock down properly and kill. It's doable if he's shit or you get camped until level six where you kill him just by being nearby but before that you'll have trouble farming or poking him properly for the most part.

Annie works like a charm and is in fact my go to gal for countering the twats these days (as I seem to face Yas every other game I play on mid). Tho Annie is kinda stupidly strong regardless if you have the basic ability to count your spell casts.
As Swain against Yasuo, you're not really trying to lock him down. You mostly just chuck EQ on him every time it's on cd and he has to back off like a bitch. If he tries to fight you step off the creep wave and throw down a W and he either backs off like he should or takes the pain and you murder him. Swain was my go-to pick against Yasuo back when he was picked every single game.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: April 08, 2016, 07:36:30 pm »

no solo queue for you

comments there imply that what riot's doing is just a sneakier "POST STUFF ON FACEBOOK FOR EXTRA IN-GAME MONEY" stuff by mechanically making the game less fun without friends instead of just community-wise, but that almost seems like legit conspiracy-theory level stuff
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:39:43 pm by Putnam »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: April 08, 2016, 10:28:39 pm »

Wouldn't they need to be at least attempting to stay subtle with this shit for it to be conspiracy theory fodder? This is boldfaced stupidity.

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #15552 on: April 09, 2016, 12:46:05 am »

huh, league got rid of soloQ?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: April 09, 2016, 01:18:32 am »

Wouldn't they need to be at least attempting to stay subtle with this shit for it to be conspiracy theory fodder? This is boldfaced stupidity.

i mean, like, it's easier to say boldfaced stupidity than outright malice um what's happening to me

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: April 09, 2016, 06:23:38 am »

I give them two or three weeks before "we're sorry for outright lying about solo queue please come back." Dynamic queue has pissed everyone from Diamond 3 or 4 off to high hell and a lot of us won't be playing ranked until solo comes back. There's 0 competetive integrity in dynamic queue and nobody likes it.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 1067