Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269845 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends - Patch 5.1 - Open the Gates
« Reply #15555 on: April 09, 2016, 07:14:22 am »

Wouldn't they need to be at least attempting to stay subtle with this shit for it to be conspiracy theory fodder? This is boldfaced stupidity.

i mean, like, it's easier to say boldfaced stupidity than outright malice um what's happening to me

You're giving in to the hatred.

But no seriously, calling it malice would require me to believe that the people behind the decision made it because they are intentionally spiteful and set on doing evil, rather than being fuckin' dumb profit-mongers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15556 on: April 09, 2016, 07:16:00 am »

Yes, but Riot is the source of all evil and wrongdoing in the world so you're safe in assuming they did this while twirling their evil moustaches.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Andmore

• Bay Watcher
  • Former lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15557 on: April 09, 2016, 09:37:32 am »

Thank you all for the advice. I am now curious about whether I should go AP or AD with Evelynn. The default build is AP, but I just played a bot game going AD, and got very good results.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15558 on: April 09, 2016, 11:08:15 am »

Needs a context post, the non-LoL playing DotA 2 fan putnam tends not to elucidate in favour of stirring the outrage pot, can't think why.
Quote from: Skyrunner link=topic=84446.msg6924723#msg6924723
date=1460180765
huh, league got rid of soloQ?
Not really, you can still queue up solo. The only difference with dynamic queue is that now 3, 4 or 5 people can queue up together.
As far as the outrage goes, high profile, high Elo solo players with popular youtube channels and twitch streams are frustrated at having to play with random team-mates against 5 man groups. So their win rates went down a few percentage points and they made videos about how dynamic queue sucks, lo and behold everyone else with reduced win rate this season can point at this most recent change and scapegoat it for their losses.
 Dynamic queue is a big change, but it seems to at least have some rational thought behind it - 5 man queue in previous seasons I imagine was pretty dead with long queue times, folding it into solo/duo queue reduces wait times but introduces the problem of how to balance matchmaking. If Riot want to inject some life into 5 man queue, this is certainly one way to do it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15559 on: April 09, 2016, 11:14:42 am »

Eve builds are... Weird. She benefits from damn near every stat equally so her build is hyper game dependant. Runic echoes is insane so take that every game, but past that it's mostly whatever. Rylais is good if you aren't instagibbing people, all of the sheen items are good, dead man's plate is useful, abyssal for more deeps, if the rest  of your stuff is ap a rabadons is cool.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15560 on: April 09, 2016, 12:40:53 pm »

Wait, wait, let me clarify:

Dominion was an independent queue with low population and long wait times. It was removed.
Ranked 5s was an independent queue with low population and long wait times. It was folded into a more popular queue alongside a change that fucked over the players of that queue.

3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15561 on: April 09, 2016, 01:34:17 pm »

Wouldn't they need to be at least attempting to stay subtle with this shit for it to be conspiracy theory fodder? This is boldfaced stupidity.

i mean, like, it's easier to say boldfaced stupidity than outright malice um what's happening to me

But no seriously, calling it malice would require me to believe that the people behind the decision made it because they are intentionally spiteful and set on doing evil, rather than being fuckin' dumb profit-mongers.

Wait, I read that wrong, somehow I thought you were saying it was proper conspiracy theory fodder.

That's what I meant by "what's happening to me". I was saying Riot was probably being stupid rather than malicious.

Needs a context post, the non-LoL playing DotA 2 fan putnam tends not to elucidate in favour of stirring the outrage pot, can't think why.

I honestly thought the gigantic reddit thread I was linking to was context enough.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:36:37 pm by Putnam »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15562 on: April 09, 2016, 01:44:34 pm »

Wait, I read that wrong, somehow I thought you were saying it was proper conspiracy theory fodder.

That's what I meant by "what's happening to me". I was saying Riot was probably being stupid rather than malicious.
Oh, sorry man! It's a little hard to tell sometimes.  :-[

Also, Ascension is the game mode for this weekend.

3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #15563 on: April 09, 2016, 01:47:13 pm »

Reddit is basically the last place to get meaningful context regarding anything related to LoL, so far as I'm aware. Linked page doesn't seem to repute that to any degree, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15564 on: April 09, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »

Dominion was an independent queue with low population and long wait times. It was removed.
Ranked 5s was an independent queue with low population and long wait times. It was folded into a more popular queue alongside a change that fucked over the players of that queue.
The difference here is that Dominion was an entire game mode that had no connection to the competitive scene and could be excised easily, particularly since they were planning to introduce the rotating weekend game modes anyway.  Outright removing ranked 5s would prevent anyone who had formed a team of some sort from actually playing together, but since it was already frustrating enough to have a team because of the long wait times it wasn't a healthy game mode as it was.  Thus, folding it in with solo Queue to allow teams of any size to participate in a unified system has some merit to it.  I'm honestly not sure why people say that it "ruins competitive integrity" to allow people to play together, since being in a premade does not magically increase the skill level of the players involved.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15565 on: April 09, 2016, 03:58:52 pm »

Firstly, any type of multiple people queued together against people alone is unbalanced. Coordination and trust from premades has a huge impact, particularly at higher levels of play where more can be done with planning. There was a game between Imaqtpie's usual 3 or 4-man squad assblasting the enemy because they could coordinate and shut down their adc in a way that wasn't fair for him being solo in the slightest.

On top of that, dynamic queue does some really, really ridiculous matchmaking, until last patch you would get challengers against D5, sometimes even P1 players. This is exacerbated by the system giving 0 weight to premades, so you'd get 3 challengers vs a D4 and D5 duo and a few D3 players. It's just not fair at all.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15566 on: April 09, 2016, 04:04:25 pm »

I'm honestly not sure why people say that it "ruins competitive integrity" to allow people to play together, since being in a premade does not magically increase the skill level of the players involved.

I dunno, a 5-stack would have a pretty clear advantage over 5 randos (or even 3+2 or 4+1 randos) if the 5-stack is using discord or some other voice chat service.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15567 on: April 09, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »

I can definitely agree that there should be significant preference towards putting premeds up against premeds of the same size, that would help smooth things out a bit.  Honestly I think that voice chat should be an optional thing that is implemented into the game itself, but that's a whole other can of worms that people have differing opinions on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15568 on: April 09, 2016, 10:47:32 pm »

Totally agreed with Putnam and frostshot. It's a known fact that matching organized teams against randoms or team fragments slants outcomes, and that's without the shitty MM.

3. Run Resize Enable

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #15569 on: April 09, 2016, 11:04:40 pm »

Beyond just coordination, there's the problem of 4-man queues. The single reason a solo queue option wasn't made immediately available. 4-mans might be the worst thing to ever happen to League. They carry such a disproportionate amount of toxicity compared to any other group of players, 1-3 or 5  (or 6 in hexakill). It's just unbelievable how horrible they are. Of course, Riot won't just say "no 4-mans allowed, ever" even though they really shouldn't be a thing, so dynamic queue has to have solos to prop it up and fill in the gaps. It'd be one thing if an occasional solo was needed to finish 2 duos, or you have a bunch of solos and you match them with a triple or a duo, but there's nothing you can do if you have a 4-man except wait for a solo. If solo queue were an option, 90% of the solo population would jump ship immediately and then you'd have 20 minute match times for the 4-man party.
Pages: 1 ... 1036 1037 [1038] 1039 1040 ... 1067