Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272948 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7395 on: February 10, 2012, 09:31:09 pm »

Gangplank is so overhyped.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7396 on: February 11, 2012, 12:08:34 am »

I think there was an exception, if you aren't yet in position to defend copyright infringement your trademark NOW, it isn't immediately fucking sold out.

I looked into it, and I can't find anything about anyone owning a Dota trademark.

Little bit of over-reaction,
They just want Dota to be generic, thus untrade-markable?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7397 on: February 11, 2012, 12:30:07 am »

I think that was Blizzard's original stance back when Dota 2 was first announced. But they seem to have changed it now to "IT WAS A MOD MADE FOR OUR GAME SO IT'S OUR BRAND!!!!"

They do kinda have a point. An employee who invents anything for his company forfeits all ownership of his creation to his company. It is the same for any government employee funded by the government. But that is also backed by the fact that the traded their ownership for funding and support. I don't know if Blizzard ever did anything at all to support DotA or their modding scene. In this case it'd be like the government claiming ownership of your invention because you created it in the country. =|

They seem to be even more anti-modding recently too, with the ban on mods for Diablo 3 and the ridiculous limits for Starcraft 2 mods. I don't even know what the hell they're so afraid of.

I really can't stand this new Blizzard Activision if you can't tell. I find them abhorrent. I come from a place where it's perfectly fine to commit murder to further corporate, political, and economic interest, yet somehow I find Blizzard Activision completely detestable.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7398 on: February 11, 2012, 06:00:49 am »

Because they simply are :p

Also, ever since the new post game stats sccreen was released I don't care much for kills (unless I'm doing Ragedamyere, in which case I get them ALL). One look at the damage dealt gives me enoguh of an E-peen for me to not care about the kills X)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7399 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:00 am »

My horrible losing trend is finally over.  I'm back up to 20+ wins over losses.  I decided to take Cass back up.  For a while I was on the Cass is Overrated Boat feeling like Bay12ers just have a weird crush on her.

I know how to build her now though, and I'm a much less passive player since my hiatus.  Cass is unbelievably good, I would be surprised if she kept going with no nerfs.  Most of the games are 20 minute surrenders and the ones that aren't I inevitably have like 400 kills.
Shoes...

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7400 on: February 11, 2012, 07:22:43 am »

Has anyone looked at the Patch Preview? I'm impressed with the changes to Shen. Makes him much much more useful. And awwww, more Sona nerfs.
Also often called Boowells.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: February 11, 2012, 07:33:48 am »

Vlad nerfs, based on a single video where a 300 hp vlad won a teamfight.jpg

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: February 11, 2012, 08:19:01 am »

My issue with the kill-stealing thing is that when you're playing a character that has terrifyingly strong AoE or cone damage...you can't exactly pull your punches. With a fully-fed Sivir, I've had accidental multikills.

"I'm just going to boomerang that guy over there and...yikes. Guess those two other poor schleps shouldn't have stepped in front of me...."

Ditto MF when I make it rain on these biatches.

The other thing is that when I see a badly wounded enemy escaping and I have a shot, I'm taking the shot. Would you rather have the assist gold and xp, or have bupkus when they ghost away from your slow ass and run back to base? Ever since the patch change to amp up gold and xp from minion kills, I don't really give a flying f**k about champ kills. They're nice, don't get me wrong, but nomming up creep waves is my bread and butter now.

Which unfortunately means I'm crippled if say, I get a Ziggs hogging mid lane, and Singed demanding solo top, Yi derping around in the woods, and AFK Caitlyn. Sure, I can go solo bottom, but there's oh so many clumps of weeds for Jax to hide in and leaprape me from. Without lube.

I think I have PTSD from that match.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: February 11, 2012, 08:38:02 am »

How Riot games VS Valve SHOULD have gone.

Everybody asks all of important developers of DotA if Dota 2 should exist, and if so,

Who gets to own it?

Valve,
Riot,
or the DotA makers, themselves.
(Keeping DotA and varients of the name to themselves as part of the free project)

Everybody on the Dota forums should be consulted, with obvious weight for those who did the most for dota, some who worked a bit on it, and consideration for the players.

No need for some bullshit with pulling in Blizzard, just a straightforward court case with a clear winner.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7404 on: February 11, 2012, 09:54:39 am »

I need a hiatus from LoL. Last game, Warwick with 2 PDs and a Bloodthirster. No Wit's End, no tanky items at all. At late game, Garen had just a Warmog's for defense.

I built QSS and that new whatever Solari item and I had more defenses than them as Kassadin.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:56:32 am by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: February 11, 2012, 11:02:06 am »

I need a hiatus from LoL. Last game, Warwick with 2 PDs and a Bloodthirster. No Wit's End, no tanky items at all. At late game, Garen had just a Warmog's for defense.

I built QSS and that new whatever Solari item and I had more defenses than them as Kassadin.
Better than seeing a SV on Garen to proc with his passive... :(

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: February 11, 2012, 11:03:14 am »

Ah, a window to play a bit. Thus, question: What champ works best as an "aura slut" (To steal someone else's designation in this thread)? I rather like being able to cause people problems (either by boosting m'allies or dragging the enemy down) by just being there.

And, uh. What item(s) would be a good idea to shoot for if you were building one? I've currently played like five games (all custom full bot ones :P) games, heh, so I'm not exactly familiar with things yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: February 11, 2012, 11:55:02 am »

I'd say Sona would be your ''Aura slut'' :P All her abilities add an aura so yea ^^

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: February 11, 2012, 12:12:42 pm »

Taric, the original aurawhore, plus he's tanky so you get to whore your auras for longer.

Just get whatever seems appropriate, Aegis is always a must, Abysall is good if your team has lots of magic users, Solari is cool, haven't tried it myself, and there are some other things but my brain is having a big derp moment so I'm just gonna finish this post before I mess up.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: February 11, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »

Fiddle and Sorka also have passive auras.

Sunfire Cloak is another nice item, although a bit pricey.

Emblem of Valor is an easy early one to get (+10 to allied health regen/5 sec, for 800 gold), and it can later be built into that Iron Solari thing.

Zeke's Herald (used to be Stark's Fervor) is a very nice one too. +20% attack speed and +12% lifesteal to allied champs. It's like everybody gets a free Vampiric Scepter and Dagger, plus 5% more AS.

When I'm playing support tank (Kayle or Alistar usually), I'll usually try to build Aegis, Zeke's Herald, Frozen Heart and Sunfire Cloak.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and a Randuin's Omen. No constant aura, but has an active that slows down nearby enemies' Attack Speed by 35%. Can make a huge difference in teamfights, especially if you're up against a bunch of speedfreak melees like Yi, Irelia, Akali, etc.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:18:32 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 1067