Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272952 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Ziggs, the Hexplosives Expert - 1.0.0.133
« Reply #7365 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:55 am »

Oh look another tank(y dps), because the last 40 are still so popular and played!

I thought we were supposed to be getting a new support soon. Not that I really would buy a 6300 support, but apparently on other forums people will and it's a living shame one of the most indispensable roles according to the current meta can be best filled by 3 or so champions. (And no don't tell me about the time you ran support vayne or anything, I'm talking in general).
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7366 on: February 10, 2012, 01:57:23 am »

Malphite actually is an anti-carry. I mean, Slow the enemy so he can't escape your team/chase someone as easily, use his slam to massively reduce the enemies' attack speed, then he can also use his ult to knock the carry up. And knockbacks can't be canceled so Olaf can go fuck himself while in the air. Also, the massive armor & HP stacking make it so that enemy AD carries have a hard time dealing with Malphite.

Rammus is another one, he has great CC making it hard for both AD and AP carries to keep attacking their main targets, and they even hurt themselves when they're forced to attack Rammus.

So my definition: Someone who counters carries somehow.

Also apparently Urgot is getting a new skin.
Urgot Gets A New Skin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:09:12 am by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: February 10, 2012, 02:23:37 am »

Still have 100% Sivir wins...

Most of them are Sivir + Leona though, which is a no-brainer, you-die lane.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: February 10, 2012, 02:28:12 am »

Malphite actually is an anti-carry. I mean, Slow the enemy so he can't escape your team/chase someone as easily, use his slam to massively reduce the enemies' attack speed, then he can also use his ult to knock the carry up. And knockbacks can't be canceled so Olaf can go fuck himself while in the air. Also, the massive armor & HP stacking make it so that enemy AD carries have a hard time dealing with Malphite.

Rammus is another one, he has great CC making it hard for both AD and AP carries to keep attacking their main targets, and they even hurt themselves when they're forced to attack Rammus.

Urgot Gets A New Skin

Yeah, but if that's hwo you define an anti-carry then practically everybody's an anti-carry.

Also OddOne released a new Nocturne guide, with a new guide video which is basically him raging in a game and saying he's never going to play noc again

:/

So what jumbler does everybody think I should transition to?  I was already sort of feeling what OddOne said (His ult is the only thing he has that's great, he's completely outclassed in every department but ganking, zero dragon control, bad cc, spell shield is subpar on melee, etc) and hearing him say it was sort of the killer for me. 

I'm thinking Trundle.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:31:49 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: February 10, 2012, 02:46:09 am »

Urgot Gets A New Skin

Yeah, but if that's hwo you define an anti-carry then practically everybody's an anti-carry.

Also OddOne released a new Nocturne guide, with a new guide video which is basically him raging in a game and saying he's never going to play noc again

:/

So what jumbler does everybody think I should transition to?  I was already sort of feeling what OddOne said (His ult is the only thing he has that's great, he's completely outclassed in every department but ganking, zero dragon control, bad cc, spell shield is subpar on melee, etc) and hearing him say it was sort of the killer for me. 

I'm thinking Trundle.

Unless your at 1800+ elo, don't really worry about who the best jungler is. If you can do well with one, and know them inside out, they will score you wins.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: February 10, 2012, 02:47:02 am »

Bordellimies: CC-negating things like Olaf's ult, Banshee's Veil, Morgana's shield and Sivir's shield all can block knockups. Only tenacity can't stop it.

Cthulhu: Why listen to Oddone? The guy is not only a foul mouthed prat (and a hunchback), but he's so stuck in his ways that he can't realize he's outdated by months. This is the guy you want to emulate if you want to be the guy who recites cake memes three months after Portal was released.

Watch Snoopeh or Saintvicious. Those guys are the jungle masters. Snoopeh especially is not only really nice, but extremely good. One of the best. Possibly THE best. He also has a great accent and isn't bad looking.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: February 10, 2012, 03:00:36 am »

Bordellimies: CC-negating things like Olaf's ult, Banshee's Veil, Morgana's shield and Sivir's shield all can block knockups. Only tenacity can't stop it.

Cthulhu: Why listen to Oddone? The guy is not only a foul mouthed prat (and a hunchback), but he's so stuck in his ways that he can't realize he's outdated by months. This is the guy you want to emulate if you want to be the guy who recites cake memes three months after Portal was released.

Watch Snoopeh or Saintvicious. Those guys are the jungle masters. Snoopeh especially is not only really nice, but extremely good. One of the best. Possibly THE best. He also has a great accent and isn't bad looking.

Nice like jiji?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:42 am »

Nice like your cool uncle that gets you expensive remote controlled cars for Christmas and takes you on rides around the block on his Harley.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7373 on: February 10, 2012, 04:11:22 am »

I really wish Urgot's ultimate was on a tank. That would just be the BEST way to initiate on a full tank.

Also, where's this new skin?

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: February 10, 2012, 04:42:00 am »

I really wish Urgot's ultimate was on a tank. That would just be the BEST way to initiate on a full tank.

It makes Urgot into a tank. Combine it with his shield and some health and it makes a pretty boss initiation. Especially since Urgot doesn't scale particularly well as a "carry".
Also often called Boowells.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7375 on: February 10, 2012, 07:46:26 am »

You can see it in this new aquaman's art spotlight. Mech-Urgot skin. Probably arrives with the new champ - which should be next tuesday/wednesay.

And to umi, yeah I know knockup can be blocked, but smart players don't use it when it can be blocked. They wait till their spellshields are down. What I meant is that cleanse/tenacity/QSS won't interrupt it at all, even Gangplank can do nothing against knockup.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: February 10, 2012, 08:22:33 am »

So.. It turns out I'm actually fucking shit at this game. Sigh.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: February 10, 2012, 09:05:39 am »

So.. It turns out I'm actually fucking shit at this game. Sigh.
So is everyone else. Who cares?

The goal is simply to be less terrible than the opponents.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: February 10, 2012, 09:56:08 am »

Graven: We ARE getting a new support. Judging by past estimates and recent red comments I'd say it's either the next champ or the one after. Plus they're reworking Karma to fit in a bit better, so that's kind of like a second new support.

Also, agreed webadict. :P
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #7379 on: February 10, 2012, 11:12:17 am »

Some news here: Blizzard suing VALVe for naming the game "DotA 2". http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1162607

How is this related to LoL, you may ask? Well, apparently Riot (Pendragon & Guinsoo) already sued VALVe for the same reason, but when they lost, they gave rights of "DotA" for Blizzard in the hopes of it winning this mess.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 1067