Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1273556 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Viktor, the Machine Herald - 1.0.0.131
« Reply #6870 on: January 15, 2012, 10:40:05 am »

Really?  Not only is Amumu a jungler, he has no business in a lane.
Shoes...

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: January 15, 2012, 11:12:16 am »

Twitch goes AFK immediately. Amumu decides he's a jungler, Nidalee decides to solo top. WTF is this happy horseshit?

Obviously Twitch going AFK is bad, but I don't see a problem with jungle Amumu or solo top Nidalee. Is it because of jungle changes that you think jungle amumu is bad? And I don't see how you could ever think solo top Nidalee was bad.

Exactly. Amumu has jungled for centuries, and he is actually a better jungler than a laner. And for Nidalee... Her sololane strength is quite massive.

I'd never seen a jungle Amumu before. And if he's a legit jungler then this guy was doing it wrong. Meanwhile, Nidalee is literally built to jungle. Just seemed ass-backwards to me.

Finally played Taric last night. Why haven't I played him before?? Might be my new favorite support tank. His heals are beefier than Alistar, his dmg output is pretty good late-game, and dat quick stun. That's actually the reason I wanted to check him out...whenever I play vs. a Taric, that quick stun is goddamned annoying. Didn't realize it had such a high dmg output along with it. Shame about the less-than-masculine styling, but ehh. At least I won't be buying the pink armor.
Amumu is an awesome jungler - two AoE abillities lets him clear it fast, and slowly drain the enemies health in teamfights. A stun that also brings Amumu to his target, which is very useful for ganks and initiation. As far as his ultimate goes.. Lets just say it's game changing, and can assist in ganks in a pinch.

Just found a game in which Phreak plays Amumu jungle

Also, Nidalee is to solotop as Morgana is to mid. She has massive sustain and harass, and can push/farm well with her tiger form.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:16:16 am by zestorum »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: January 15, 2012, 11:17:47 am »

Post level six Amumu ganks are guaranteed kills if his ult is up.

You press R, you get money.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: January 15, 2012, 11:40:52 am »

I tried Amumu in lane after I learned to jungle on him because I'm not super fond of jungling. It was a painful and sad experience that made me want to go back to the jungle, and it was only a coop vs ai game.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: January 15, 2012, 11:42:42 am »

What the hell is jungling, anyway?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: January 15, 2012, 11:52:36 am »

Amumu is one of the worst laners in the game.

Sticking him in a lane is a crime.

Anyone who does so will be punished accordingly.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: January 15, 2012, 11:52:57 am »

At what point should a person move on from playing Coop vs. AI on beginner? I think I might be ready, but I'm not certain it's feasible at all when I'm only level 6. Also, do other game modes give more IP, or is it just more XP?
Spoiler: My latest game (click to show/hide)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6877 on: January 15, 2012, 11:54:32 am »

At what point should a person move on from playing Coop vs. AI on beginner? I think I might be ready, but I'm not certain it's feasible at all when I'm only level 6. Also, do other game modes give more IP, or is it just more XP?

Too much Co-Op vs AI gives you bad habits. The sooner you play vs real players, the better. And yeah, normal games give more IP than Co-Op.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: January 15, 2012, 11:57:08 am »

Seriously, don't even use it to practice new champs.

It'll only teach you how to win against lobotomized robots. If you will note, most players are not robots.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6879 on: January 15, 2012, 12:00:38 pm »

Seriously, don't even use it to practice new champs.

It'll only teach you how to win against lobotomized robots. If you will note, most players are not robots.

I play Co-Op vs AI if I have had a bad day and want my first win of the day bonus to be guaranteed. Or if me and my friends just wanna fuck around, stuff like Crittlesticks or AD Carry Maokai..
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: January 15, 2012, 12:28:57 pm »

I play very little ranked. Today, I got requested by an RL buddy that I duo q with him, because he's apparently stuck in 950 elo hell. I'm like, okay.
Every game, I was first-pick while he was last-pick and usually got shoehorned into support, where he basically achieved nothing, or Jungle Nocturne with Heal (more solid play than this spell choice lets on). I've gone for Cassio all three games because it's the AP mid I'm most confident in, most of the time, and because she is an insanely good noob stomper while all around really solid with metric fucktons of damage potential.
First game, we meet another duo, Teemo/Taric. The teemo got like 13 kills before 20 mins, because their MF is total crap. I get matched up against a braindead Urgot but only get two kills because I have wrong runes and am always OOM. The Urgot accomplishes nothing, has no boots before 15 minutes. Against Cassiopeia.
Second game, the enemy team is actually competent. I start off 0/2/0 in the first ten minutes or so. (Bloody Anivia.) We are still better in teamfights. End 1/2/5, our jungle riven goes 8/0/8. getcarriedson.jpg
Third game, I go up against a Malzahar who apparently received a brain transplant from Nunu Bot. The Cassiopeia snowball action started after Warwick hit 6, and...

Let's just say you are doing something terribly right when after the game, you get a friend invite and ranked duo invite from one of your teammates. feelsgoodman

...Ranked does feel like smurfing most of the time.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: January 15, 2012, 01:44:34 pm »

Really?  Not only is Amumu a jungler, he has no business in a lane.
This...may explain why my perfunctory experience with Amumu was less than satisfying.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: January 15, 2012, 01:47:00 pm »

Coop vs. AI is for grasping the basic concepts of the game.  Once you understand those, it's time to play against real people.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: January 15, 2012, 04:12:09 pm »

Amumu is okay in a lane though...

You put him mid and build him AP, he won't die and will do tonnes of damage. Tanks are naturally invulnerable to most mages so barely anything in mid is going to kill him. The only difference is that out of all the true tanks, only him and Malphite have the potential to do shittonnes of damage.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: January 15, 2012, 05:07:37 pm »

At what point should a person move on from playing Coop vs. AI on beginner? I think I might be ready, but I'm not certain it's feasible at all when I'm only level 6.

The game will throw you against other people close to your level, so don't worry about being level 6 or whatever.  You'll be facing off against other new players. 

In Dominion for some reason the matchmaking is looser, I'm level 14 and I regularly face people in their 20's.  Still very playable, if you can ignore the frequent elitist buttheads that expect you to already have encyclopedic knowledge of all the heroes, their abilities, and how to play/counter them.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1067