Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269426 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Iorek Byrnison, the Armored Bear - 1.0.0.130
« Reply #6180 on: December 07, 2011, 11:16:59 pm »

By the way guise, Wukong is the new FotM. Use him before he gets nerfed!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6181 on: December 07, 2011, 11:24:21 pm »

A nasus ult gives you 600 max hp, which works as a heal.

When it wears off, your max hp goes down 600 but you keep the health you gained.
If this would take you above max, it's capped.

cheat: repeatedly buying and selling a ruby crystal can be used to heal yourself rapidly.

(this is very expensive.)
Doesn't really count as a cheat if it costs way too much to be efficient.

Also why bother doing this when you heal automatically from the fountain.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: December 07, 2011, 11:50:46 pm »

A nasus ult gives you 600 max hp, which works as a heal.

When it wears off, your max hp goes down 600 but you keep the health you gained.
If this would take you above max, it's capped.

cheat: repeatedly buying and selling a ruby crystal can be used to heal yourself rapidly.

(this is very expensive.)
Doesn't really count as a cheat if it costs way too much to be efficient.

Also why bother doing this when you heal automatically from the fountain.
Because you weren't healing fast enough!

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: December 08, 2011, 12:41:30 am »

About this health vs MR thing, there is also another factor : burst casters can buy a void staff and negate a lot of your MR, but the only hard counter to HP is a bloodrazor (which is something burst casters have no interest in buying).

I just played Tristana mid against a Leblanc, (typical burst caster), and stacking dorans got me through the early game while a warmog got me through the mid-end game (we won and i had 13/7/13 - best score of my team actually). While buying a warmog is a big investment and reduced my damage, it also allowed me to survive teamfights and reduced the incentive to focus me. Besides it's really easy to charge up a warmog with an ad carry, and the fact that you don't die as fast allows you to take more risks, deal damage for longer durations before withdrawing from the fight, etc..

It definitely isn't a strategy i'll use in every game, especially if i'm confident in my escape abilities vs their chase abilities, but it's better than being a one-trick pony and failing hard if the enemy can counter you.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:54:11 am by Sirian »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: December 08, 2011, 01:26:31 am »

So I played Morde for a few games, just to see what he's like and... uh, is there a trick to him or something?

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:28 am »

So I played Morde for a few games, just to see what he's like and... uh, is there a trick to him or something?
The trick is not to play him until he gets buffed.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6186 on: December 08, 2011, 03:36:37 am »

Been experimenting with Riven lately since everyone decided to hop on the Wukong (my main) bandwagon, and I've got to say, I really dig her kit. The dash is "MEH" cause it's so short, but the shield is nice, albeit small, addition. She provides so much CC, with a knock-up and stun, both on insanely low CDs. I made the mistake of jungling her in a normal, without so much ever reading a guide, but it was a breeze. Standard jungler, she is.

Now, I've got another problem. Despite the success I've been having with Riven and Caitlyn this week, there's always that one son of a b- champion that I can't seem to beat. Riot's KNOWN for releasing champions that just obliterates, but this takes the cake, as of recent. It might just be pent up rage at the abomination, but I feel that he's vastly strong. Instead of doing anything creative, they decided to put Udyr (It's a slow, but man, that's all this guy needs), Singed (FLINNGG,FLIPP! and massive speed), Garen (Frenzy is like Garen's ULT, but on an 18 second CD), and Mundo (Quite a bit weaker than Mundo's ult, but still, it's a passive), all one champion's kit.

I just had a game where everything was going right, 14/5 , in favor of our team. And then, Volibear grabs Warmogs. He destroys bottom lane by turret diving, gets a double kill. He disappears for a while, reappearing next time with Sunfire Cape. He grabs another kill on our Anivia during a team fight, and just putting out so much damage in the process. We attempted to take our their carry, but every time, he just FLIPS and Ws for massive damage.

At the end of the game, he's got nothing but tank items, literally nothing. Heart of Gold, Warmogs, Sunfires, Frozen Mallet. He went 16/3. No one could kill him. We caught him grabbing our red a few times, jumped on him with the entire team. He smites red, but doesn't get it, activates his slow, fights us a little bit but realizes he was losing so he runs in the opposite direction while his passive kicked in.

-Sigh-. I guess I'm done QQing now. It's just incredible frustrating, considering everyone on their team was negative by at least 5 kills, and he carries them to victory despite building nothing but tank items. Looks like they crippled Mordekaiser only to replace him with an less balanced champion. There were counters for Morde, but this guy, aside from maybe Ashe's basic slow, it's just an uphill battle.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:40:44 am by xDarkz »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: December 08, 2011, 03:45:08 am »

Karthus is a hard counter to so many champs since he is the king of "Hit you from so far away you canīt do anything about it" and his natural habitat is mid, meaning that by the time he leaves that he is normally above average lvl - and his ult allows for plenty of "finish-up" kills, leading to a bit of dilution in the stats.

I really enjoy karth, since you can so very fluently go from long-range-poke, to full on - in your face damage.

While iīm playing on noob-lvl ranks, I shamelessly stack archangleStaffs for my 1000 ap (+sorc boots, ramadons, RoA, 3x AS or if the enemy team actually has decend AD, hourglass) and simply evaporate the enemy (Just two games ago I nearly got a penta kill, last one got away with 20 hp :I :I :I).

On a sidenote Xerath is a complete failure in champion design or? Never see him around, his attacks are rediciously easy to dodge and even if they hit barly do any damage, he has no real burst when compared to burst casters, but also no sustain like karthus does...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 04:17:35 am by ThtblovesDF »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: December 08, 2011, 04:26:46 am »

On a sidenote Xerath is a complete failure in champion design or? Never see him around, his attacks are rediciously easy to dodge and even if they hit barly do any damage, he has no real burst when compared to burst casters, but also no sustain like karthus does...

And yet according to Elementz he's the best champion in the game. I think Xerath is basically the new Orianna - ridiculously good, but also really hard to use. He has ridiculous damage potential, even more ridiculous range, natural magic pen, and a free gold passive. He excels wherever you put him, tossing out great harass in lane and huge AOE damage in team fights.

His full combo (EQRRR) has the highest total AP ratio out of any in the game at 3.1, and almost all of it is AOE. I don't see any reason he shouldn't be seeing play everywhere except his difficulty. He's easy to get ahead with, and once you do so you should stay there with your ridiculous damage and magic pen and passive.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: December 08, 2011, 05:04:01 am »

Xerath is really common in high elo. Quite often banned, but not permabanned. Morgana and Kassadin are still stronger than him.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #6190 on: December 08, 2011, 05:19:00 am »

Warmogs geting nerfed.

Yet another example of "a few months ago, this was considered the worst X in the game".
People buy Warmog's? I always thought that the price heavily outweighed the benefits. So, by the time you did buy it, farming it up to full took way too long.

I mean, unless you're Chogath, in which case you should have 6 of these.

I've never found farming it up to be a problem, everyone farms anyway. I guess on ranked it might be harder if you play a tank, but yeah. I like my warmog :(

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: December 08, 2011, 06:38:45 am »

Had a few more successful games with Riven as solo top. But, I don't know, my team-mates were doing awesomely too.

Can you guys toss some suggestions my way? Currently stuck in ELO Hell, but it's probably in part thanks to my less-than-lackluster ability to play a variety of champions. I'm practicing though. Which of the two in your opinion, is more viable for ranked solo-queue at a relatively low ELO?

Riven or Wukong? I've also had my eyes on Talon, but I'm going to wait for the opportunity to play him to see if I like his playstyle or not.

Wukong's ULT is a godsend in teamfights, but it severely lacks the ability to win 1v1 fights with opposing beefy champions due to his lack of CC. I can't count how many times I've had to pop his ultimate just to take away that last sliver of health on the opponent.

Riven seems to excel in smaller skirmishes due to her two CCs despite them being soft ones. I'm not really sure how she fairs in teamfights though. Other than using her ultimate to nuke them at the start and going in for the kill. You're pretty fucked if you get focused though.

Appreciate the help :].
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:43:14 am by xDarkz »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: December 08, 2011, 06:43:04 am »

Wukong is FotM? Why? I mean, I did just buy him and go 12/1 in a Dominion game, but I bought him especially for Dominion where his kit excels (btw I wouldn't mind a nice Dom build for him, if anyone has) and I thought most players still play SR, where he is middling?
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: December 08, 2011, 07:52:35 am »

He's a good solo top.

I think he's the same as always though. He's just FotM. I think Wickd and Saintvicious have been promoting him a bit too heavily so everyone started trying him and snowballed from there. It's usually how things become FotM.

I personally treat him the same as Fiddlesticks. Deal with the ult and you're fine.

xDarkz: Riven is awesome but is pretty hard to play. Wukong is balls easy to play. They fill the same role essentially, so it's just who you prefer to play more. Generally, the one with the higher skill cap will have more potential but it's honestly up to you. I enjoy playing Garen because he's balls easy too. :P

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:31 am »

Wukong is FotM? Why? I mean, I did just buy him and go 12/1 in a Dominion game, but I bought him especially for Dominion where his kit excels (btw I wouldn't mind a nice Dom build for him, if anyone has) and I thought most players still play SR, where he is middling?

Haha, I play him pretty much exclusively in Dominion too. My build is typically Sanguine Blade and Trinity Force, then tanky from there. I choose the tanky items situationally.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1067