Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1269437 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Fizz, the Tidal Trickster - 1.0.0.129
« Reply #6165 on: December 07, 2011, 05:09:00 pm »

I've either entered the twilight zone or experienced some new level of jungler blaming.

I'm jungling shyvana, right? We're sort of losing, but not by all that much. I'm 1/0/1 and things are going pretty well. Bot is losing pretty hard but our panth in top is winning and our mid is doing okay. Bot gives the enemy team a double kill, and pantheon's response is "SHYVANA LEARN TO JUNGLE." I've got no fucking clue why, and he refuses to explain why this is my fault.

Then it gets to midgame, and the enemy team is around dragon. Our bot lane (zilean and teemo) are in bot lane, while our mid (annie) is by blue buff and me and panth and me are near mid. The enemy team gets dragon and their udyr pops out of the river and kills teemo in botlane. We lose the team fight because we're all spread out and everyone starts yelling at me. So I'm like "This is what happens when teemo and zilean farm bottom when the enemy team is at dragon" and then they start flipping out and talking about how that never happened and they were right there in the team fight. I mean, Zilean made his way in halfway through but it was too late to do anything but ult pantheon and die immediately, leaving panthon to revive in the middle of their team and die.

So we surrender because we're down three towers and they're just pushing down mid, so Teemo and Zilean and Panth start whining about how they didn't know it was possible for a shyvana to suck that badly in the jungle. I was 2/3/2, keeping up in levels with everyone else, ganking when I could, and generally not doing too badly. They didn't make any specific complaints, I'm pretty sure because they couldn't.

Just, like, I don't even know what happened. One minute they were thanking me for ganks and being baffled at the pantheon randomly blaming me for stuff I had nothing to do with, and then the next they were joining in.
Same thing happened to me. I went 7/4/7 as Yi, and the Shen on my team blamed me for losing. It doesn't matter that I could triple kill the enemy team if he initiated. It doesn't matter that Ashe never arrowed or had any damage. It doesn't matter that Warwick was not being Warwick. No. It was my fault for... I don't know! I couldn't backdoor because everyone on my team couldn't defend. And every time I tried to hold a turret, I got focusfired (rightfully so). Even my QSS would only let me flee from death.

So, yeah, everyone on my team knew it wasn't my fault. I was the only one warding. I was soloing dragon. I even tried to grab Baron. We would've won if we had. You know what happened? Shen left. He went b. We had ACED the enemy team, taken an inhibitor and he books it back to base. Then, when I know I'm dead if I don't, I have to try and hero mode in to smite-steal baron. Almost had it too, but I misclicked. So, Shen rants about that.

So, don't take it personally. It's how people that are horrible and don't have fun try to play. Seriously. I had to take care of top, which was doing Warwick + Ashe and losing, so I would have to constantly gank just to keep those two alive. Not even to grab kills. Bleh.

Don't like the Bodyguard's Convert, as it's removing cs.
Don't like Assassin's ult as it is really easy to continually cast it. Or the amount of stealth.
Last guy isn't bad. He seems like a combination of Nunu and Anivia.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: December 07, 2011, 05:11:25 pm »

Here's a thought for a champion concept:

Kaos, the Primordial Form:

I'm liking this idea a lot. Only problem would be that if you get a bad skillset you can just suicide at baron. But hey, that would waste his time so yeah. This guy seems like a nice challenge to play as.

Well, my thought on that would be that if you get a bad skillset, you're more likely to play reckless. If the enemy doesn't know what your powers are yet, and you come charging in like a bat out of Hell, they might retreat a bit. Conversely, if they *know* you're currently made of fail, they actually don't want to kill you, because they risk you being reborn with an uber-set. So it creates this weird tension where they might be trying to snare/stun you to keep you out of their hair, but not outright kill you. Yeah, you could go get killed by a neutral, but in so doing you're still hurting your team by being down a player during the respawn window. Even a nerfed champ is better than no champ at all.

And if you did have an awesome powerset, you're actually going to play a bit more conservatively because you don't want to lose that set. It's sort of how when a player gets a buff they're more powerful but want to be extra careful not to get killed because the buff will transfer. I love game mechanics that are inherently self-balancing, and this seems like it would have that in multiple ways.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #6167 on: December 07, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

Here's a thought for a champion concept:

Kaos, the Primordial Form:

I'm liking this idea a lot. Only problem would be that if you get a bad skillset you can just suicide at baron. But hey, that would waste his time so yeah. This guy seems like a nice challenge to play as.

Well, my thought on that would be that if you get a bad skillset, you're more likely to play reckless. If the enemy doesn't know what your powers are yet, and you come charging in like a bat out of Hell, they might retreat a bit. Conversely, if they *know* you're currently made of fail, they actually don't want to kill you, because they risk you being reborn with an uber-set. So it creates this weird tension where they might be trying to snare/stun you to keep you out of their hair, but not outright kill you. Yeah, you could go get killed by a neutral, but in so doing you're still hurting your team by being down a player during the respawn window. Even a nerfed champ is better than no champ at all.

And if you did have an awesome powerset, you're actually going to play a bit more conservatively because you don't want to lose that set. It's sort of how when a player gets a buff they're more powerful but want to be extra careful not to get killed because the buff will transfer. I love game mechanics that are inherently self-balancing, and this seems like it would have that in multiple ways.

You summarized that quite well.
Also, how would the leveling work for this guy? Lvl 3 Q is always lvl 3 Q, even if the enemy you stole the ability fro wouldn't have any points on their Q? Also, what about Udyr?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: December 07, 2011, 05:55:30 pm »

Bluerobin: I honestly don't know how to explain it any easier. Did you also have problems understanding diminishing returns, because it's the same concept. Marginal cost and benefit.

Maybe you can simply do experiments if you don't understand the theory. Ask someone to help you test it. You could do two games where you fight Annie at level 6 - 12. First match you stack MR. Second match you stack HP. Then you compare performance between the two.

Edit: I think I know why you guys don't get it. You're wondering how resists can reduce different levels of damage regardless of time since it's percentage-based right? You made one critical flaw. You assume sustained and burst damage deal equal damage. :P This is completely false. Given time, sustained damage will generally do more damage than burst (unless someone is super fed). For example, over a 10 second period, Ashe will do more damage than Annie. But this all hinges on Ashe actually being able to deal damage for the full 10 seconds. This fact is irrelevant to what phase of the game it is. MF will always do more damage than Morgana if they both have 10 seconds to work with. Swain will do more damage than LeBonk, etc.

So yes, resists will actually reduce more damage from sustained sources because more damage is being absorbed. Kinda like this:
MF: 300 damage every second for 10 seconds.
Morgana: 2000 damage in 3 seconds followed by nothing for 7 seconds.

I hope that helps you understand.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Iorek Byrnison, the Armored Bear - 1.0.0.130
« Reply #6169 on: December 07, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

Early game the 200-300 health you can get from stacking Doran's will save you from a LeBonk or Annie burst.  MR is too expensive and too scarce to help against early game burst.  Late game the burst won't be that scary unless it's Veigar and/or you're a squishy, and in either case there's no way to fit enough MR to save you into your build and still be able to do your job.
Shoes...

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: December 07, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »

So... I just played my first match with Swain. It was a mirror match against a Swain. I don't like mirror matches. Enemy Swain complained about Swain-free-week. Match starts. We kill each other, I get FB. Then I kill him. Then Udyr comes to gank and I kill Swain and die to Udyr. Then Udyr comes and I kill them both. Then I kill everyone.

I had tremendous fun with Swain, but am wondering if it's the owning, or the playstyle. He feels like Vlad with CC instead of a pool. And strong early game.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: December 07, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »

Basically, HP is better overall because a lot of HP items can build into something you will actually use. MR items tend to be very specific and more expensive.

So, blue MRs/lvl are a good investment due to cost differences, but what about yellows? Is 5.35 Health better than 1.41 Armor? What about 19.44 Health at 18? Multiple each of those by 9.
1.41 * 9 = 12.69 Armor vs. 5.35 * 9 = 48.15 HP vs. 19.44 * 9 = 174.96 HP (DAAAAANG!)

What about quints?
4.26 Armor vs. 26 HP vs. 48.6 HP at 18
4.26 * 3 = 12.78 vs. 26 * 3 = 78 HP vs. 48.6 * 3 = 145.8... Wow. That's not as great.

Umm... I think yellow HP/lvls are much more powreful than I thought. It's +1.08 HP / lvl (* 9 = +9.72 HP/lvl). That's pretty nice. It's much better than quints. Armor quints also seem like a poor investment. Flat HP quints are much better.

What does everyone think?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: December 07, 2011, 06:51:05 pm »

Yeah, hp/lvl yellows are really good. Especially now that minion damage has been reduced so armour isn't as vital. You can combine it with the defensive mastery and become really, really tanky without buying any tank items. It's a bit crazy. It's like a bunch of free health crystals. =|

I use hp regen/lvl myself but I've been thinking of switching to the hp/lvl too.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: December 07, 2011, 06:53:18 pm »

I am noting this. I'm gonna go HP/lvl seals. That is until they get nerfed. Someone will reveal this secret... >.>

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: December 07, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

You know what I don't understand about hp and mana / lvl runes? When you level up, do they heal you? Like, if you have base 100hp out of 1000hp and your hp/lvl runes gave you an extra 10hp. Does it just increase the max by 10hp or do you also get healed by 10hp?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: December 07, 2011, 07:27:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure you're healed, too. Note how you gain health and mana along with their maxes as you gain a level. I wouldn't be surprised if runes just added to this.

It's helped me stay in lanes and even saved me from Ignite once.
I always assumed you just retained your current percentage of health.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: December 07, 2011, 07:33:40 pm »

You know what I don't understand about hp and mana / lvl runes? When you level up, do they heal you? Like, if you have base 100hp out of 1000hp and your hp/lvl runes gave you an extra 10hp. Does it just increase the max by 10hp or do you also get healed by 10hp?

It works on the same basis are normally leveling up. You get extra health, and that health is fresh. Suddenly growing 20 layers of skin as you get smarter or something.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: December 07, 2011, 08:38:21 pm »

Queue up for new game as Veigar. Our team has good CC.

Enemy team is all tanky. Ryze is probably mana-based too, rather than AP based.

So unlucky. :(

EDIT: Game finished. It was a massacre. Top fed Riven, who then started ganking mid. Our Blitzcrank couldn't hit his grabs for shit. He even once threw a grab straight into the enemy team and didn't hit a single enemy. Another teammate was playing Sion for the first time. He claimed that Sion wasn't tanky. After the end of the match, he had a Warmog's and claimed that he didn't need any armor, despite the fed Riven.

The whole enemy team was tanky characters and they kept constantly getting away with minimal health. Partially it was my fault for not being more aggressive during the laning phase, I suppose. Also, enemy team had a good Volibear.

Goddamn normals.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:10:52 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: December 07, 2011, 09:00:21 pm »

A nasus ult gives you 600 max hp, which works as a heal.

When it wears off, your max hp goes down 600 but you keep the health you gained.
If this would take you above max, it's capped.

cheat: repeatedly buying and selling a ruby crystal can be used to heal yourself rapidly.

(this is very expensive.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: December 07, 2011, 09:14:27 pm »

A nasus ult gives you 600 max hp, which works as a heal.

When it wears off, your max hp goes down 600 but you keep the health you gained.
If this would take you above max, it's capped.

cheat: repeatedly buying and selling a ruby crystal can be used to heal yourself rapidly.

(this is very expensive.)
Doesn't really count as a cheat if it costs way too much to be efficient.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1067