Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272738 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon - 1.0.0.128
« Reply #5190 on: November 01, 2011, 10:06:06 pm »

Perhaps. But perfect games are a lot harder than you might think.

After all, if it were so easy, everyone else who has ever been smurfing should barely ever die.

Besides, I'm forced to smurf anyway since I can't transfer my account around.

Edit: I just got Dragon Girl. So let's look at more of her stats...

1. Her base movespeed is 325... That's way too high. Especially combined with #2.
2. Her base movespeed with W on is over FOUR HUNDRED. At level 1.
3. Her base AD is damn high too. At 58.

What are the tradeoffs? Well.. her base HP is pretty low... for a melee dps that is. Her health regen is pretty standard too. If you don't start with cloth armor and lots of pots I can see people going out of hp fast. Until they buy Wriggles. Her range is nonexistant but it doesn't matter since she has an inbuilt superghost.

Let's see... what else...

I soloed Baron with just Wriggles and Bloodrazor. Killing the other dragon wasn't a particularly difficult task either. I think I killed the dragon with just Wriggles faster than most champions kill superminions.

It's like... just the character herself feels uber strong. But the fact that for the duration of an entire fight she can turn into a stupidly overpowered monster of doom just makes her... crazy.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: November 01, 2011, 10:49:52 pm »

I know I'm low Elo so it's a little different difficulty wise but christ Galio is a beast. I absolutely devoured the Graves in my lane and when he finally DC'd I moved bottom to eat the Vlad and Leona laning there.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: November 01, 2011, 11:00:03 pm »

Galio's better than a lot of people think.

Also you guys were right, Karma is fucked up.  I went up against her as Malz and couldn't do anything.  I mean, I could farm, and I could harass, but it literally took all my mana to get her into blargh range and by the time I had enough mana she was back to full health.  Impossible to kill outside of ganks, ridiculous AP early game because of passive, holy shit.  If people actually played her she'd probably get nerfed hard.
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: November 01, 2011, 11:15:13 pm »

You weren't fighting Dragonite down bottom. Basically, she knew Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Light Screen, Transform and TAKE DOWN! Yes, she knows five moves. Probably more. Like Fly.

She just doesn't want to die. And she automatically kills everyone in her way. We were having a team fight in middle and managed two kills before something happened and everyone died. I have no idea what. None. The screen lagged for a second as a dragon killed everything in like 2 hits. By herself.

Okay, technically, two people lived after that, but they both got hunted down fast.

Seriously, what is with her?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #5194 on: November 01, 2011, 11:17:40 pm »

I am starting to come to the realization that, as important as variety is to fill team comps, I just don't play much more than casters. 

I thought about my gaming history, and realized that in nearly every game I have ever played, I played as a Mage.

In Morrowind, I play a Mage. In Oblivion I play a Mage. In Diablo II I played a necromancer. In Titan Quest I play as a Mage equivalent. Champions Online i play a mage-like. Hellgate: London I played a Mage-like with pets. Sword of the New World my party were all mages. In World of Warcraft I played a Mage. Anarchy Online I played a Mage with a pet. Even back when I played Maplestory and Runescape I played a Mage. Hell, even in Eve Online I flew the longest ranged ships I could find.

I guess I just like sitting back from the action and pelting things from afar or sending in my minions to do the dirty work (I really enjoyed Overlord incidentally).

This translates into my LoL play. My favorite champion in the League is also the longest ranged one (Lux). My follow up favorites are all also mages, some with "pets" of a sort. Annie, Orianna, Kennen. Supports mesh with me as well  Even when I have to pick an AD carry, I pick the one with the longest base range (Caitlyn).

While I have no problems playing as the AP carry or support when playing with premades (playing these archetypes exclusively has made me quite good at them. I cannot remember the last time I didn't win my lane as any of the above listed champs.), I do encounter problems when playing with strangers. I wish more people would play ranked 5's with me, but alas, I must SoloQ instead.

When I think about it and boil it down, I realize my main problem isn't that I can only play AP carries, as I can fulfill the AD carry, support, and Tank roles just fine in a pinch. 

My problem is that I don't play any junglers. Oh, I can junglemumu, but apart from that I've got nothing, and little experience in the jungle to boot.

The classic junglers like WW, Udyr, Olaf, and Nunu don't mesh with the way I enjoy playing. What I really yearn for is a Mage that can jungle with the rest of them.

Until such a champ is created (or an existing one modified to be jungle capable) I guess I will just keep laning. I will continue to envy the ability of a jungler to dictate the flow of battle in the laning phase though. 
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: November 01, 2011, 11:21:34 pm »

Fiddlesticks?

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #5196 on: November 01, 2011, 11:24:48 pm »

Fiddlesticks?

...has no skillshots, and therefore feels nothing like a caster to me. He may be AP, but that doesn't make him a Mage in my book.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #5198 on: November 01, 2011, 11:34:33 pm »

You can jungle with anyone. Just requires some moxie.
And teammates willing to deal with your bullshit.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: November 01, 2011, 11:56:34 pm »

You can jungle with anyone. Just requires some moxie.
And teammates willing to deal with your bullshit.
Jungle Soraka showed up in our game. We wondered what was the worst that could happen. He wasn't half bad.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: November 01, 2011, 11:57:40 pm »

May start playing this game just to spend some time with my overly sour brother. yay sorta...

My hero picks never turn out well for me in these games.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:43 am »

My only experience against Shyvana wasn't that bad, me (Olaf) and Teemo vs Shyvana and Vayne top lane. At first kinda back and forth but we get the edge and begin stomping them. Queue Vayne calling us hackers and rage quiting at around level 8. Suffice to say we won that game.

Also I've noticed a tendency that when I'm on blue team I win mostly and when I'm on purple I lose mostly. Anyone else have this happen to them?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: November 02, 2011, 02:11:15 am »

The differences between sides:
- Blue team has a marginally superior position.
- Because of this, the team with the higher average ELO is on purple team.
- Purple team has to deal with the UI getting in the way at the bottom of the screen. Also, their perspective is relatively unnatural.
- Purple team is on the shittier baron side while having a better dragon side.
- Purple team's blue buff is closer to bot lane. This makes it really difficult for them to put a blue reliant mage at top lane.
- Blue team's top lane is, on average, more likely to be ganked by jungle whereas for purple team it's bot lane. This is because of the way the jungle is mirrored.
- Similarly, blue team's mid lane is more likely to be ganked by the jungler from the top side whereas purple's mid is more likely to be ganked from the bottom side. This is because of where wraith camp is.

I think that's about it.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: November 02, 2011, 02:43:57 am »

Thanks !

The half dragon 's alright, suprsingly not going with the "OP by default" way of most new champs.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: November 02, 2011, 02:51:00 am »

Thanks !

The half dragon 's alright, suprsingly not going with the "OP by default" way of most new champs.

Her ultimate charges passively.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 1067