Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272927 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4515 on: October 09, 2011, 05:04:16 pm »

I think Dominion needs a good AP+CDR item, because most mages can't get their ultimates off often enough.
There actually is one and it isn't even a dominion item.

Deathfire? I guess, but Kennen/Rumble/etc feel bad getting that. I'm thinking straight AP and some good CDR, aggressively costed.
The evil tome thingy. AP, Manareg and CDR.
A must-have on Xerath.

Ah, Morello's. Maybe people should get that more on casters in Dominion, because I've heard "they can't ult often enough to make a difference" said about a lot of mages there.

I do think Morello's is kind of weak though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: October 09, 2011, 05:08:49 pm »

Guides are a great starting point for many champs, after you get the hang of it you can (and should) try and modify it in a way that best suits your style of play or that you find the most fun, after it gets boring you try something else, either a new champ or a new way to play someone you're allready good with.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: October 09, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »

I think Dominion needs a good AP+CDR item, because most mages can't get their ultimates off often enough.
There actually is one and it isn't even a dominion item.

Deathfire? I guess, but Kennen/Rumble/etc feel bad getting that. I'm thinking straight AP and some good CDR, aggressively costed.
The evil tome thingy. AP, Manareg and CDR.
A must-have on Xerath.

Ah, Morello's. Maybe people should get that more on casters in Dominion, because I've heard "they can't ult often enough to make a difference" said about a lot of mages there.

I do think Morello's is kind of weak though.

It's not that it's weak. It's that it's a PoS compared to Deathfire for every single medium/short-range bursty mage ever. It's a perfectly fine item on Lux, if that Lux is as good at staying the fuck back as she should be.

I feel like being stupid most of the time, but don't feel like listening to my team rage at me in chat because I'm building Lich's Bane AP Carry Shen. : |
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: October 09, 2011, 05:51:04 pm »

On this week's episode of Losing Games We Have No Business Losing: Garen gets caught every two fucking seconds.  Seriously, group up.
Shoes...

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: October 09, 2011, 06:32:22 pm »

Seriously, I've never read a single guide in regards to how best to play a champion (just so you folks do know, yes there was a point where I did use stuff like Tear Of The Goddess on champions such as Alistar and Taric, although I'm not so inclined to now). However, when trying a new champion I take a good look at thier abilities and of course the recommended items and from there I use my instinct on what would suit, which sometimes leads me to make an less then optimal setup or missing the big picture. In the end, I usually have one main setup with a few alternate setups that I use for fun.Usually it changes over time however. Like for example I was mainly using a magic penetration focused setup a few months ago when I used Veigar, and a Tankish "Lifesteal" setup for Nasus, both which I have changed over the last few months. In the end, I play to wait I feel is right, and to something I like (which might account for my horrible record in normal and Dominion based games, having a ~40% win rate in normal matches and a ~30% win rate in Dominion matches (as well as been commonly plagued with losing streaks as long as 8 games. Note that I don't play normal games anymore, due to the fact I feel I underperform so badly that its not fair to the team who has me on thier side))

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: October 09, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »

On this week's episode of Losing Games We Have No Business Losing: Garen gets caught every two fucking seconds.  Seriously, group up.

Tune in next week for another episode, featuring: Kassadin riftwalks into teamfights!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:37:09 pm by Bitoru »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: October 09, 2011, 06:45:58 pm »

My friend and I were testing out tank Vayne. Basically you get full AS runes and masteries and then you build full tank.

The results were interesting. Basically tank Vayne kinda works. Kinda.

She works really well against squishy champions and not so much against tanky, sustainy champions. Also, she can't push for crap, which is a pretty big deal. I would put her pushing and laning power on the same level as AP Ezreal (one of the worst pushers in the game). So like, tank Vayne would do terribly against Cho or Sivir or Morgana or basically anyone if they ignore her and push while healing all the poke damage.

But tank Vayne is really good against people who can't sustain. So like, Caitlyn or Ashe.

Edit: Bitoru: That's what Kass is supposed to do.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: October 09, 2011, 06:52:28 pm »

There's a fine line between a well-executed riftwalk into a teamfight and a "hey guise plx kill me" riftwalk into a teamfight.

Speaking of ill-advised appearances, a few games ago a Talon teleported onto me (Malz) and lucky (Anivia), hoping to double kill us with his fuckin' talon moves I guess.  Two seconds later he's dead to double-pool and ult, and he says in all chat "... i could rape u both in three hits"

k
Shoes...

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: October 09, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »

Bitoru: That's what Kass is supposed to do.

Yeah, if you are into getting facemelted before having a chance to even let out your burst and then complaining on chat that you died because your 4 seconds cooldown ultimate wasn't ready, I guess.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: October 09, 2011, 06:56:53 pm »

I think you're confusing rightwalking into a teamfight and initiating a teamfight.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: October 09, 2011, 06:58:05 pm »

I think you're confusing rightwalking into a teamfight and initiating a teamfight.

And I think you're confusing riftwalking next to the teamfight and riftwalking into the teamfight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: October 09, 2011, 07:18:54 pm »

Well, I was thinking Micro102 was the only one who could stupefy me to this degree. Congrats, you just did it too.

Edit: Apparently Swain's ult procs the full slow of Rylai. Hurm... that's really cool... and very weird...

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: October 09, 2011, 08:10:19 pm »

From what I've seen of people who play Swain, he's either an uber world-destroying monarch of death, or a shitty mage who thinks he's Veigar. Got any insightful Umiman guides to help me out playing him? D:

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: October 09, 2011, 08:12:42 pm »

Well, I was thinking Micro102 was the only one who could stupefy me to this degree. Congrats, you just did it too.

Edit: Apparently Swain's ult procs the full slow of Rylai. Hurm... that's really cool... and very weird...

When did I stupefy you? O_o

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: October 09, 2011, 08:23:18 pm »

From what I've seen of people who play Swain, he's either an uber world-destroying monarch of death, or a shitty mage who thinks he's Veigar. Got any insightful Umiman guides to help me out playing him? D:
I'll tell you what Pandar told me.

3 rod of ages and 3 gunblades.

Boss!

Other than that I have no clue because I haven't played this guy since a year ago (I joined the game when Swain was released and Riot had a "all-champions-free-weekend"). Back when I was absolutely shit with Morgana too. I just like champions that push very easily, control their lane amazingly, and are very freaking hard to kill while doing respectable damage. I also need another AP mage other than Morgana.

Nilocy told me you can ask Riot to refund you the ip used to buy rune pages so you can buy the runepage bundle. So I put in a request. Hopefully it'll give me 3x6300ip and I can use that to get Swain, Vlad, and Renekton.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1067