Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272896 times)

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Xerath, the Magus Ascendant - 1.0.0.126
« Reply #4500 on: October 08, 2011, 05:34:59 am »

It does on Cass, I always get the tear first, so I can SPAM ALL THE SPELLS!  Then I usually grab boots, RoA, then the derpcap.

I probably could make due with a Catalyst but I don't usually have problems with survivability early on, just sustainability.  I love to spam, what can I say?  I wish they had more interesting items for casters, having only two real builds makes me kinda sad.

If I ever see you on the Tribunal, building a Tear on Cass, my decision is already made. I just hate how it leaves you as squishy as you are.

. . . OH SHIT SON, DIFFERENT BUILD ORDERS OF VARYING EFFECTIVENESS NOT ALLOWED!!!  "BEST" BUILD ORDER ONLY.

But seriously, that ranks pretty high up there on the metric for measuring assholes.  Seeing as how both are viable items, I just prefer building them in a different order than you do.

NO SON THERE SHALL BE NO TEARS ON MY CASSIOPEIA OR ANYTHING THAT IS A CASTER AND NOT NAMED ZILEAN!!!!!!!!!!!111111

...ahem. Well. That joke went a little too far. Sorry about that.

Also awesome comic man. Mob boss? Do approve.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:36:54 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: October 08, 2011, 08:55:47 am »

I... DRINK... YOUR... ELIXIR!

I DRINK IT UP!

Shoes...

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4502 on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »

Jungle Sion is just so damn awesome. All of my recent games as him have been successes, lifesteal always up, never die, huehuehue, etc. Sion es #1.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: October 08, 2011, 02:15:16 pm »

A champ that looks cool for once.
Hopefuly he'll have a dwarf skin too
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: October 08, 2011, 02:52:07 pm »

i bet he will have an "You have failed me for the last time...."
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: October 08, 2011, 03:57:04 pm »

So I've been trying out various Kassadin builds for Dominion, because Kassadin is boss. I have found that I get the best results if I generally get mana/hp crystals and boots at start, rush rod of ages, get spell pen boots, then rabadon and then Void Staff. All the guides I've read suggest starting with a blasting wand and boots, since I'm supposed to get mana from the health pickups and stuff like that.

Is this a low-level thing? Am I supposed to get better results from going straight AP if I have the runes and masteries? Because I'm lvl 18 right now and just got a quadra kill on Dominion with kass with my build and first place, while when using straight AP builds I am... nearly useless :(
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: October 08, 2011, 07:03:21 pm »

A rod of ages is beast on most casters, including kassadin.

Also, are those pre-dominion guides or post-dominion guides?

Building a little defense goes a long way.

I rush the rod of ages with fiddles, but go boots-blasting rod, hp crystal, manacrystal.
I also run ap carry runes of ap, spellpen, and leveled cdr.

I sometimes go oom if my team is doing well, but in soloque 90% of the time, that means we won the top battle anyway.

Definately roa if your team isn't tanky enough.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: October 08, 2011, 07:07:32 pm »

I am pondering on a team that stacks RoAs. Get some champions that deal physical damage with Ap ratios and see how it turns out. Supposedly they are the best item in the best item int he game with their timed stats.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: October 08, 2011, 09:01:44 pm »

Me and Lucky are doing Duo-mid Anivia/Malz

Crushed Kassadin mid so Rammus had to come help (He died too) but bot was a bunch of retards and top was better at crying than playing.

Remember:  Unorthodox strategies are a double-edged sword.  The opponent won't be able to handle it but neither will the dumbasses on your team.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 12:08:32 am by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: October 09, 2011, 01:08:09 am »

not all pro LoL players look like westrice

What, is westrice funny looking or oh my goodness

Second guy form the left looks so much like a certain manga character that it freaks me out.
-----------

The forums have some seriously stupid people in them. Even when proved that they are lying, they somehow think they are right and continue to be stupid.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: October 09, 2011, 10:50:39 am »

No no, westrice is like the prettiest looking LoL player ever.

And he cuddles pillows between games when he streams.

D'awwwwwwwwwww~
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: October 09, 2011, 04:41:59 pm »

Go whatever works for you. In fact, disregard guides entirely. People use the same tired builds and strategies for champions that they never realize that another one, however unorthodox, may work just as well or even better.

Survivability/utility goes a long way in Dominion, despite whatever else other people may think. If your current setup wins matches for you, stick to it until it stops or if you need to adapt.
Guides are important. You can't just start off the game building "whatever works for you" simply because you'll end up like some people I know... building Tear of the Goddess on Alistar or Taric and swearing by it. You need to have a core understanding of the game's fundamentals before you start branching out into your own theory.

For example, you can't science without understanding the research of previous researchers. Look up the guides. Follow them a bit. And if you don't approve of certain parts you change it to your liking. Being a LoL hipster and not doing things simply because everyone else does it is not the way to go. Of course, it's easy to become too attached to builds (almost everyone does this) which are just bought without any thought at all other than "it's how I've always been doing it" or "it worked all the times before, so it'll work now" but I think boring mediocrity is better than absurd implausibility.

Of course, the reason why I find the main LoL mode so freaking boring now is because of that: boring mediocrity is better than absurd implausibility. It's dull and not fun at all. Given how technical and simplistic the regular mode of LoL is, one can be pretty freaking incredible just by using a relatively powerful champion and doing just one winning strategy. I'll guarantee you that you will get a very good win / loss ratio if you just stuck to one single champion doing one single thing all the time (provided it's an effective strategy). Hell, every single high ELO player will tell you the exact same thing: "I got to 2xxx ELO by playing Nidalee / Gragas / Lee Sin / Eve / etc. as solo top / solo mid / etc. all the time". That's just how easy this game is.

tl;dr: Read guides. Boring repetition = big e-peen.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: October 09, 2011, 04:55:29 pm »

The main problem with LoL is the lack of evolution with the meta's. I think the biggest change I've ever seen was the anti-carry + support bottom instead of ad carry/support, that quite regularly worked.

Alas, not seen anyone do it recently.

Solo top ashe is fun vs singed tho : D
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1067