Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274224 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3225 on: August 17, 2011, 02:24:23 pm »

if Dota 2 is F2P I'm dropping LoL for a good while.

LoL is like Duplo, while Dota is the lego all the big kids play with. And I want to play with lego dammit.
seconded
Valve has already stated that Dota 2 is going to be free to play, so get packing.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: August 17, 2011, 02:38:06 pm »

Valve has already stated that Dota 2 is going to be free to play, so get packing.
Wha? Last I heard they didn't have pricing info worked out (and that was this weekend). Do you have a link for that?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: August 17, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »

the beta aint until Fall according to steams "page" for it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: August 17, 2011, 02:52:19 pm »

Yeah, not neccessarily because Dota will be better but i've found LoL to slowly become boring as of late, don't know why.

And i would really like to see some of those wierder mechanics at work, i feel they would be very hard to master properly, but i guess that's why LoL is liked by many, it's very easy to learn and play well (don't go derp and you are all set) while Dota requires some more practice, also some aspects of it i don't quite like (denying for one).

Also the lower entry level for LoL means more retards, like in the game i am playing right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: August 17, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

Wha? Last I heard they didn't have pricing info worked out (and that was this weekend). Do you have a link for that?
There's some swedish store selling dota 2 preorders for 50 €, but still I'm waiting for official word.

Still, making a semi-open beta for a 50 € is not sane and in the MOBA-genre there's no space for any game that expensive.

One of the champions there has TF ult at level 1. At the same time, he can summon a wall of trees to completely surround an enemy so he can't move. Then he can turn all those trees into treants to shred the poor guy inside there. And no, it's not his ultimate.

Another one can AOE stun the entire screen (!!!) for 3 seconds.

There's another champ whose ult is where she creates clones of herself that attacks every single enemy champion on the map at the same time. Then, if she pleases, she can jump to any of those clones and do even more damage to that poor fellow. And at any moment she can decide to move through any terrain she wants.

What about this rock golem that starts out super tiny and cute but as the game progresses, he gets larger and larger and grows a badass beard (even the profile picture changes). Oh, and he can throw anything he wants at anything he wants. Creeps at enemies. Allies at enemies. Enemies at enemies. Whatever.

Oh, how about the guy who can AOE stun enemies with almost every autoattack while inflicting massive damage, increase his movespeed by an insane amount for a crazy long time, and reduce the enemy's armour by all?

It's crazy man. And this shit is actually balanced! The LoL champions are so stale compared to these.
Also, I heard from the LoL player Dota stream that there's a champ that is 4 differerent guys that you have to control individually. If one dies, they all die. Talk about a hard-to-play champ.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »

Three times today, LoL has crashed with the infuriating BUG SPLAT error report. Each time it's apparently for the same reason, graphics overheating. But, each time I've just been in the jungle, auto-attacking creeps with the screen not moving. Why the hell is it crashing then, where nothing graphically taxing is happening, and not at all during teamfights or laning?

This makes no sense.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:59 pm »

Ok to further prove my point of retards they are going to go afk for some reason.Scratch that we won, they didn't go afk, but to clear up a bit, our team had me as Jarv, Corki, Skarner, Lux and Caitlyn, not that bad but it could use some more tankyness.The other side had Noct, Caitlyn, Morgana, Alistair and Brand, much more annoying.Anyways the game starts and our Lux and Cait who are premade immediatley claim top lane, even tho Lux would be a much better mid, and you know, that leaves me and Skarner against Cait and Ali, then they rage when Cait is sent to bot instead of me.Also our corki kept bitching about our crappy Lux (who was pretty much non existant, low CS, low deaths, low kills, low assits, low everything) and how she should have had mid all the while he raped Brand very hard.
I still don't know why we've won, two teamfights where we basically encircled them from both sides in the lane scored us aces and it was quickly over, but i don't think it was desereved.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: August 17, 2011, 03:44:24 pm »

Had a loss streak and ended it with this last game. Our Maokai was just awesome.

And killstealing a Jarvan with your E as Skarner is fun. Brand was sitting in Jarvans ult, getting the crap kicked out of him, I had no other means, so I just sent an E his way and got the kill.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: August 17, 2011, 05:35:28 pm »

I finally hit 1800.

75 to go till gold. I will be content when I reach it. But I won't stop.

I feel like I could be up there with Hotshot and the crew. Whenever there's not a troll on my team, I still consider this level of play pretty easy.

If I streamed would you watch me? :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:38:22 pm by Yodamaster »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:49 am »

Maaaaaaaaan I got to my new apartment and the internet here is fucktarded. No way I'm hitting gold before the new season. :<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:04 am »

I finally hit 1800.

75 to go till gold. I will be content when I reach it. But I won't stop.

I feel like I could be up there with Hotshot and the crew. Whenever there's not a troll on my team, I still consider this level of play pretty easy.

If I streamed would you watch me? :P

Depends on who you played, and probably how well. If you're playing Morde/Nasus or ect, probably not, as I find those are boring to watch. If it's someone like Akali or some other assassin/fighter, than sure. Basically, someone you get to actually see people do things in.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: August 18, 2011, 04:08:01 am »

Nasus, probably not

AFK top, see you guys in half an hour.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: August 18, 2011, 06:52:35 am »

Doesn't appear to have been posted yet, so Dominion stuff!

Can't tell you that much because I just saw it.

TB plays a game of Dominion, carries team.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:21:59 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: August 18, 2011, 07:23:54 am »

And i would really like to see some of those wierder mechanics at work, i feel they would be very hard to master properly, but i guess that's why LoL is liked by many, it's very easy to learn and play well (don't go derp and you are all set) while Dota requires some more practice, also some aspects of it i don't quite like (denying for one).

Also the lower entry level for LoL means more retards, like in the game i am playing right now.

As someone who played DotA in its prime for a good six years, I'll tell you there's a bit higher skill cap for DotA than League when taking into account the number of things you can do in terms of influencing the early game. Creep pulling, jungling (which is a bit harder than it is in League), denying, creep blocking; they are all small parts of the game that can have a pretty big impact if not done properly.

It doesn't have much of a lower entry level though. There were still just as many retards in DotA as there were in League. More things to do stops no one, and since this is carrying the name of a popular game I have no doubt that it will end up having similar rage/noob/dumbass issues.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:24 pm »

Well, the winners of Songs of the Summoned are out... It's depressing that all of the original songs are medicore rap.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1067