Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1274227 times)

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard - 1.0.0.123
« Reply #3195 on: August 16, 2011, 05:18:19 pm »

Anyway, pennyless Janna is very powerful, yes. Not arguing with that. The 4 others champs to fight thing is a different matter. Are you seriously suggesting you shouldnt kill the carry? If she deals all the damage, then she gets all the kills, and then she gets all the money. By killing just the one person, you could be taking out about 45% of the teams power.
I have seen games where a carry could have easily killed everyone with her damage, but fucks up ONCE and gets killed. And then the team cant do shit. The other team just barons/pushes an inhib, and wins. A coordinated team could keep the carry alive, but you dont exactly get that in non 5 man teams.

All Of the 4 other champs basically soloed. You have jungle, top, mid, and bot with Jana. That means every carry, and even the tank, soloed on your team. That means more CS, that means more gold.

Of course they should try to throw everything at your squishiest team mate. But to do that they have to (in theory) get past a fed tank, survive a fed AP carry, and stastain a support's CC. If they do get the AD carry, you still have 4 champions alive, fed, and mostly full on life.

For instance, I played almost this exact scenario. Ashe and I (jana) bot. Her arrow + my CC resulted in many early kills. Ashe got all the CS. At the end game we were crushing them. Their entire team would dive ashe, kill her, and wipe. We asked them why and they said "Because Ashe is the only one Jana can't keep alive." That was fine by Ashe! 1 carry for their whole team is a great trade.

Anyways, like I said before, it only works with the right balance. Your tank has to be one of the tanks that can solo a lane. Your AP carry has to be able to solo a lane. Your Jungle has to be able to gank and you have to have two AD DPS already. If your team does not have that setup, it isn't as good of idea to pick a support.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: August 16, 2011, 05:21:25 pm »

Ended a game as Nasus with my full build, 4000 health and 300 damage, with over 300 on my q.

We had a AFK.

It didn't fucking matter
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: August 16, 2011, 05:49:11 pm »

My god tier Janna is what grants me the majority of my victories.

She literally requires zero farm to be the most useful champion on the team. She's got an instant ranged multihit knockup with an area of effect bigger than any other ability in the game, one of the best shield spells that also gives a ridiculous damage boost while it's on, and her ultimate used properly can be the deciding factor in any fight.

Zephyr on the other hand is mostly just to make sure she's always in the right place at the right time with her 470~ movespeed, the slow on it is rather situational.

But yeah, having a support is beneficial because it means your carry is that much better off. Believe it or not, your lane having 70 cs on the carry and 0 on the support really is that much better than 40 cs each on two different champions.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: August 16, 2011, 06:03:42 pm »

My friend playing Mordekaiser mid is what grants me the majority of my victories.

Fixed.

And I've been playing without you, went up like 60 elo.

Riot is shifting to make supports more aggressive, like Janna and Taric. These changes will help that at least somewhat.

inb4 Morello deletes Soraka from the game.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:07:28 pm by Yodamaster »

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: August 16, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »

I've won a lot without you, y'know. And you didn't carry every time anyways. :P

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: August 16, 2011, 07:05:34 pm »

Ok guys, so support singed is awesome because by end game singed will be able to do 10x more than Taric, Janna, or Soraka ever will in terms of being up there and actively winning the game. He's not even terrible in laning phase, with fling and slow, and his poison is pretty nice after a few levels too.

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »

Hey, I just decided to try this game out a little a day or two ago, so if anyone wants to put up with a noob I'm on it.

drkpaladin

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: August 16, 2011, 10:05:14 pm »

You guys probably already know this, but the dota 2 championship starts today. I won't be able to watch due to having to actualy sleep cause academic duties come first, unfortunely D:

Silly central european time. I'll have to watch the next bracket's matches tomorrow after college.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:32 pm »

You know what I want to do?

I want to make a youtube video titled something like "Master Yi 1v5 OWNAGE" and play that stupid fucking Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Anyway, it would be master yi (has to be yi, get dunked nooblords) and the music starts, and I run in, get chain-ccd and die in like five seconds.  The music stops, it shows Yi fall and you hear "You have been slain" and you see the player hit escape and close out of the game, and the video ends.  It'd be hilarious.
Shoes...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:51 pm »

I'm trying to work out the purpose of Akali in a teamfight. She tends to be so squishy that there isn't much she can do if they focus her, she can't really escape with her shroud if they have any sort of aoe/skillshots... It seems like her whole purpose is to come in mid-way and try to murder everything that's at less than half health.

But in my games with her, I don't ever get to really find out, since they rarely seem to reach teamfight stage... generally they surrender. Is Akali basically supposed to demoralize the enemy so much that they give up?

I don't see this working against serious players or in ranked games, so what should I being aiming to do in a scrummage as Akali? Just attempt to kill their carries before I die a glorious death?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: August 16, 2011, 11:19:19 pm »

Just tried tank Maokai for the first time in a real game.

Laning phase went great, me and teemo pretty much completely zoned out Renekton and Rammus, and I just harassed them with saplings.

Then things kind of fell apart, for the whole team.  The whole match was kind of a blur, I got a few kills but it didn't matter because the laning phase ended really early (We lost all our towers really early, my lane's tower was the last to go) and we were just kind of sitting around waiting for it to end because we couldn't do anything.  At the end I tried to initiate on their Renekton with twisted advance but nobody gave a shit and stood there watching me.  I used Maelstrom but apparently I got stunned just as I hit it because it never went off.

The good news is I'm still building up my jungle Amumu page (I'ma not get dodge yellows for now, too expensive) and I'm starting to get to the actually functional stage.  He can actually make it all the way to red buff before he dies, and that's without a pull.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:21:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: August 16, 2011, 11:47:56 pm »

I want to make a youtube video titled something like "Master Yi 1v5 OWNAGE" and play that stupid fucking Let the Bodies Hit the Floor

Anyway, it would be master yi (has to be yi, get dunked nooblords) and the music starts, and I run in, get chain-ccd and die in like five seconds.  The music stops, it shows Yi fall and you hear "You have been slain" and you see the player hit escape and close out of the game, and the video ends.  It'd be hilarious.
It's funny because it's true. Why are Yis so suicidal?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: August 17, 2011, 02:56:46 am »

Yi builds glass cannon, thinks he can teamfight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: August 17, 2011, 04:06:05 am »

I'm trying to work out the purpose of Akali in a teamfight. She tends to be so squishy that there isn't much she can do if they focus her, she can't really escape with her shroud if they have any sort of aoe/skillshots... It seems like her whole purpose is to come in mid-way and try to murder everything that's at less than half health.

But in my games with her, I don't ever get to really find out, since they rarely seem to reach teamfight stage... generally they surrender. Is Akali basically supposed to demoralize the enemy so much that they give up?

I don't see this working against serious players or in ranked games, so what should I being aiming to do in a scrummage as Akali? Just attempt to kill their carries before I die a glorious death?
Akali is one of the more survivable assassins actually. Especially compared to Vayne.

Her purpose in a teamfight is to obliterate one target then run like fuck (or hide in shroud). Then when all the cooldowns come back, obliterate another target. Repeat. If the enemy doesn't have some way to detect you inside stealth, you're almost immortal. And yes, she's also an excellent cleanup champion, which makes her great at coming in last and finishing everyone off. She works fine in ranked, there's always a place for her. She's quite popular too, people like to take her mid or solo top.

Honestly, she doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. Sure, she becomes pathetically weak once the enemy can see into your shroud but any good player worth his salt can overcome this minor hurdle. She's great late game. She has a decent laning phase. Her mid game can become godlike. She can 1v1 pretty damn well (especially if the enemy can't see into shroud) and she escapes so many freaking things.

I think the main thing is that you need to be extremely aggressive with Akali. No pussying around like you're playing Ashe or Sona or something like that. You gotta strike fear into the enemy and be extreme. Crush their hopes and dreams and piss on their bodies.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3209 on: August 17, 2011, 04:27:58 am »

It's funny because it's true. Why are Yis so suicidal?
Because team gets mad if I don't stop backdooring, and I don't join a teamfight :(

Also, got +6300 IP. Oh, oh, is Skarner worth the munee?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 1067