Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1275037 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Wukong, the Monkey King - 1.0.0.122
« Reply #2205 on: July 29, 2011, 03:08:47 pm »

I'm gonna go with Irelia for tanky deeps.  While farming IP for her I'm gonna use Lanewick as a stand-in tanky derp.  I got him like a month ago for jungling but I wasn't any good at it so he's just been sitting there.  FInally used him in a multiplayer game and we won.

EDIT:  Yeah, confirmed what Errol said in the Bay12 strategies, lanewick is horrifying.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 04:28:42 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 29, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »

Some of the advice actually is sound?  Guess some peeps didn't know what was up.
All of the advice is protips!

My favorite gem is
As Alistar, it is your job to knockup the enemy carry for your team, then immediately headbutt them away so they can't retaliate.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 29, 2011, 04:34:59 pm »

So i pick Malza, i solomid against Fiddle, i even tell him after i kill him for three times.Standing still near Malza is very bad for you healthbar, and yet, every now and then when he gets low from my constant harrassment he tries to drain something, suffice to say he looses more than he gains XD

But that didn't help our Sivir and Xin from feeding their Xin and Olaf to high heaven, or our Morde from feeding Wukong and Ashe.The only one who didn't die that much was Kennen, and out of all my team i was the only one with a positive K/D ratio and i had i think half our teams kills.

Goes to prove that you can't really carry games if your team is completely HERPA DERPA HURR
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 29, 2011, 04:45:44 pm »

Naw. You can carry games. You just have to be a really powerful carry and get an explosive head start on everybody else so you pretty much just beat their asses down midgame. Ranged AD carries are pretty damn good at this once they have Infinity Blade+Phantom Dancer.

Also, I just played a match as Zilean. Ashe and I go bottom to face off against Karthus and Shaco. Both of them were pretty terrible. Shaco just hid in the bushes a lot and Karthus could never ever hit me with his Lay Waste. I zoned them out with time bombs and would've stopped their exp gain entirely if Ashe hadn't kept pushing the lane dumbly by autoattacking. Actually, Ashe would've been a lot deadlier lategame had she actually gotten last hits. I was setting up last hits for her, in fact, but I still had a higher CS by midgame. Karthus and Shaco actually got me low a few times. As soon as I got away from Karthus with only around 100 hp, I hit the Chronoshift just in time for Requiem.

Second time I got low from Karthus was around lategame. Well, not low from Karthus specifically. Dr. Mundo up top was getting beaten down by four champions, so I rushed up there to help him. We both ended up running away from four champions crazily, surviving only due to Zilean's movement speed buff. It was hilarious. Dr. Mundo managed to get away, but Karthus hit me with Requiem. I wasn't fast enough to stop it. :(

Clairvoyance is a lot more useful than I initially gave it credit for, too. Stopped like two-three ganks through Clairvoyance.
Also often called Boowells.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 29, 2011, 05:12:20 pm »

The LoL protips site, mang.
REMEMBER TO PLACE WARDS AROUND YOUR NEXUS AND FOUNTAIN. YOU NEVER KNOW IF SOMEONE WILL ATTEMPT TO BACKDOOR.
WHEN PLAYING URGOT AND NIDALEE ALWAYS REMEMBER TO BUY FOUR BOOTS INSTEAD OF TWO.
IT'S CONSIDERED RUDE TO KILL CREEPS IN THE ENEMY TEAM'S JUNGLE.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: July 29, 2011, 05:16:00 pm »

Does anyone follow the lore? Because right now it looks like Leblanc and the Black Rose are behind the conflict between Demacia and Noxus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
holy fuck how did you notice that?

I got it from someone else, I didn't notice until they pointed it out.

BUT IT ALL MAKES SENSE. Especially when you consider

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, 4 eyed demon troops transform into emo thugs mid-battle.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:22:42 pm by Yodamaster »

Rebecca Black

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 29, 2011, 05:27:50 pm »

I don't see it helping much. :|

They kinda crippled themselves with the elitism and the fuck-ugly engine.

I don't know man, I like the graphics of it. Loads of the effects are great, and the health bar thingy isn't due to engine. I wish they would make that more like LoL's though. Would make it much easier to see who is what.
Another one of the big problems is, with SO MANY different champions, it's hard to remember who does what. Unlike LoL, with much less champions, I've remembered all of every Champions's passive and skills.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 29, 2011, 05:32:08 pm »

How many does HoN have? LoL is up to 80 now with Wukong. I'd think your memorization of everything LoL is from dedication to the game.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 29, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »

When playing as jax, you need buy Six ninja tabi!
Don't worry, the dodge stacks just fine!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 29, 2011, 05:54:58 pm »

Nonsense, he gets plenty of dodge naturally.

6 gunblades is the only viable jax build.

Protip:  As Fiddlesticks, during a teamfight, use your ult behind the enemy and out of their range.  It will cut off their escape and you'll be safe from damage.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:56:34 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 29, 2011, 06:02:24 pm »

Protip: As rammus, you should work on stacking multiple thornmails. You get lots of AD from it and youll be reflecting +100% damage back in no time.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 29, 2011, 06:06:13 pm »

How many does HoN have? LoL is up to 80 now with Wukong. I'd think your memorization of everything LoL is from dedication to the game.
It appears that they have 86.
I beg to differ though, it is much easier to tell what all the heroes are in LoL due to the fact that 10 are free a week, and at least at lower levels, you will be fighting those same 10 heroes over and over again for that week and you will be able to learn all of their abilities within a game or two of fighting them consistently, whereas in HoN everyone can play all the heroes at the same time, and you might go 20 games between seeing one of the heroes.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: July 29, 2011, 06:08:42 pm »

You could also play a given hero until you know them without waiting god knows how many weeks, or dumping a bunch of points that you were saving for a rune.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 29, 2011, 06:13:42 pm »

Still think LoL's system is better.  Sure having all the champs at once is nice but this way levels off the learning curve and games like this can be pretty scary for a new player, because one person's fuckup can lose your team the game and people rage like you wouldn't believe.
Shoes...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 29, 2011, 06:15:06 pm »

Its not too hard to get used to every champion after a while. After a month of playing you shouldn't have much trouble knowing what each champion does. I know what every spell and passive does, just never remember the names.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 1067