Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome  (Read 16351 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPQR-Seven Hills and Families of Rome
« Reply #255 on: May 13, 2011, 05:32:54 pm »

Better refine the Equus proposal:

Heavy infantry, that is anything armored, with a large shield, pikes or such should be composed by full Roman Citizens for the time being.
I also propose that Heavy Cavalry should be citizens, since charging home also requires courage to die for king and countrySPQR.

Other troop types could include non-citizens. However, citizen and non-citizen troops shall be differentiated and citizen companies (or, regiments, brigades, whatever you call them) should be called a legion (So archers legion, or if we adopt combined arms, a legion with heavy infantry, archers, light infantry, Heavy and light cavalry), and non-citizens serving in the standing army shall be called an auxiliary, arranged in auxiliary cohorts.

As I have put money in it, I also propose a proper military engineers sector be setup.

going through mountains

Before a massive amount of money is wasted, I would like to point out that going around the mountain would be much better. Just start at the highest we can get water and then thread around the peaks. We do not have nearly the needed tech to cut right though.
The Military Engineers, once setup, will deal with them.

Vote for Knavii be head senator for one more term.
Abstain for Treasurer.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:22:37 pm by evilcherry »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 13, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »

I vote for this, because it is good and basically the same as what the Romans really used.

??? How? This is 2800 years ago. There is no tnt. There is no explosives. There is not even safe mining practices that would by the way take hundreds of years to tunnel though a mountain.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 13, 2011, 05:40:00 pm »

Terius Aragii supports Knavii in his position as Head Senator, and wishes this to continue.
Senator Equus would make an excellent treasurer, in my opinion.

As regards the aqueduct project, Senator Equus is correct, going straight through the mountain may be much more expensive in the long run. And given our limited experience mining through mountains perhaps it is better that this first aqueduct, go around the mountains. Thus I support any initiative that takes the aqueduct around the mountains. We can always build new ones later.

I too vote for the amendment put forth by Aequus Lignarius.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 13, 2011, 05:49:22 pm »

I vote for this, because it is good and basically the same as what the Romans really used.

??? How? This is 2800 years ago. There is no tnt. There is no explosives. There is not even safe mining practices that would by the way take hundreds of years to tunnel though a mountain.
It depend on what "mountains" we have encountered. If we have to blast through solid rock, we better tap from the Tiber.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 13, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »

------------
Name: Decia Equus
Tibers: 83
Resources:
-5 Poor quality horses
-2 tapestry
-35 slaves
-Land plot
Favor: 2
Businesses:
-Horse Ranch: 15T + 5 Poor quality horses
-Oat Farm: 6T
-Cattle Farm: 10T
-Tanners workshop: 6T
-Leather workshop: 16T
-Sheep: 5T
-Weavers: 5t + tapestry
Troops:
-10 Aux Horsemen
-15 Household guards
Positions:
-Horse aux leader: Pilus Prior Aulus Decia Equus
Senators: 1
-Quintus Decia Equus (House head)
------------

Economic action: Invest 50T in a flax farm.

Senator actions: A senator will lobby the empire to invest over the next two years to make the 6th legion, and to put it under the command of the Decia house, seeing the great strides we have made militarily. (1 favor)

Specifically Lucius Decia Cursibus.

Civic actions?: 10t to da festival.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:16:43 pm by Criptfeind »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:13 pm »

For unity's sake, I'll agree to the Knavii spoil plan, though I still voice my support to awarding land to the soldiers.  They are willing to die for Rome- why not reward that appropriately?

I support Equus for Treasurer.  The head senator already has enough work on him.

It depend on what "mountains" we have encountered. If we have to blast through solid rock, we better tap from the Tiber.

The Tiber's tapped out if we need water already.  Rome's on wetlands- clean water is a good thing.

Name: The Tullius Family
Resources:  57 Tibers (Before war spoils)
Imperial Favor: 5
Businesses: Limestone Quarry (+10T), Olive Plantation (+5T), One small fishing ship (+5T), Small Amphitheater (+17T), Olive Oil Press (+10T)
Positions: N/A
Senators: 1

Business Action:  Invest 40 Tibers in expanding the limestone quarry.

Senatorial Action"Sire, all these civil works projects show a need for someone capable to coordinate this.  I believe the Amphitheatrum Numinatorium shows the Tullius family eye for civic works- why not appoint my brother Cornelius as magistrate of public works?  He oversaw the construction.  We would greatly benefit from your indulgence..."

Attempt to get family member as Public Works Magistrate.  Spend 1 favor on this action.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2011, 10:19:12 pm »

What would such a public works magistrate do?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20:42 pm »

We seem to be quibbling on who builds what where when, so someone to arbitrate such discussions would be nice.

Plus, I need something in my position list, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »

As the Aequus Lignarius will build an engineer corps, we gladly propose that M. Aequus Lignarius should take up the public works magistrate in additional to his senatorial duties.

Spending 1 Favor.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2011, 11:14:00 pm »

Hey, USEC_OFFICER, I was wondering if we could get a update on the people of Rome? I am wondering if I make myself clearer on the citizen issue.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2011, 07:14:47 pm »

Random Samples of Graffiti around Rome

I, Senator Servius Cyprianus Laurentinus, have worked the land of
my father, as my father did before me, and his father before him.
As a true and honourable Roman citizen, I am shocked that the
                    A two tiber reward is offered for the head of
senator from Hose Equus would even think to suggest that citizens                            one Otho Atilius Faustus.
could be made without owning the land of their forefathers. That                      Contact Marcius Antoninus Aurelius.
is why I am purposing that the current rules on citizenship be clairfied.
Citizenship would become heritary, thus protecting our proud heritage
        <--- Three cheers for Senator
from pro-Etrusan scumbages like the sentaor from House Equus. I am assured that all          Servius Cyprianus Laurentinus!
true Romans would suppost my proposal.
Thank you fro your time.
                   Here here!                    Roman citizenship is not for sale!

Death to all Etruscans and their supporters!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2011, 07:34:50 pm »

That's actually a valid idea.

But how would you say in 100 years from now, when in the minds of the people Etruscans have always been roman subjects. When the land they have work for hundred of years is considered Roman lands and not just a taken province? When the farmers and workers, ROMAN farmers and workers, toil in the dirt, held down by a unattainable citizenship?

My friends. This is Rome! The beacon of hope and civilization in a dark world! Would you have us drive these barbarians away, and kill them and their children? Would you have us wipe them from the face of the earth? Or would you teach their children a better way? And their children children? Would you not teach the new generations TRUE Roman values of civilization in the world. Would you not wish for that someday distant future where our children and theirs are all Roman? And on that day, would you deny that child basic rights of life because of something his ancestors did hundred of years ago? Would you take these misguided souls and teach them the light? Or will you drive them into the heathen darkness and reduce them to nothing but grunting beasts?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:11 pm »

I now have the mental image of a Roman senator wandering around in a slum, stopping to read graffiti, then immediately giving a speech in response to it, to the few surrounding low-lives honorable Roman citizens of ill-fortune and poor health.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2011, 07:43:39 pm »

Well, presumably I got a debate with Servius Cyprianus Laurentinus, and we are debating in a public hall or something.

I do not know. Or care much.

Edit: I am pretty sure I am fucked ether way I go here.

If I do push for integration now, I will be hated by the mob.

If I do not push for integration now, I will be hated by the mob in like 20-50 years.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 07:45:56 pm by Criptfeind »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2011, 07:48:21 pm »

(Eh, what can the mob do -right- now? You've got guards. And i've got the industry that keeps them very drunk. You probably wont have an concerns for about 4 turns at the least. The GM wont come down on us too bad)
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19