Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397416 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.19c *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3135 on: March 20, 2013, 07:26:24 pm »

Ok, so far no one seems to be in love with the foundry - and I don't really blame them.  I was kind of gathering that from previous posts, so it might be time for it to sit out this release, now that its function has been basically replaced by stockpile designations and the crystal growth tank.  I'm normally hesitant to remove things from the mod because it causes some weird hiccups with those few of you who may be splicing LFR's entity files with other mods, but with the new integration of DFHack, I think I'll probably be discontinuing the raw-only release going forward. 

Unfortunately, yes, that means that you will have to download the whole package deal instead of just the text files, but the instructions for installing the raw-only release now that DFHack has been integrated are getting so extensive that you'd probably be saving yourself a lot of effort just by waiting out a little longer download. 

More DFHack information: LFR will come with its own dfhack.init file, so if you're using your own, you'll probably need to include at least the plugin calls from the LFR file.  Binary patches and a few useful tweaks are enabled by default.  Of course, if you're writing your own dfhack.init files (or plugins, as the case may be), you probably could have figured that out on your own.  Ritual units and mechanical constructs rely on autoSyndrome to work properly, and paragons rely on both autoSyndrome and trueTransformations.  Runes rely on addSpatter.

In the future, I'd like to put together an executable with a GUI that allows you to toggle the optional components without needing to drag files around on your own, but I'm not nearly as proficient at real code as opposed to DF code, so that might be a ways down the road.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:30:05 pm by narhiril »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3136 on: March 20, 2013, 07:34:03 pm »

If you need help with a GUI, I am up for it. LNP is now open source and can easily be modified. Or my own GUI, which is based on the LNPs source code as well.

About the blockfactory: Having indiviual block colors is not nearly as important as having individual furniture colors.

I am curious to see how your truetransform will work out (i havent tested it yet), and what you will come up with for itemsyndrome. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: March 20, 2013, 07:40:26 pm »

If you need help with a GUI, I am up for it. LNP is now open source and can easily be modified. Or my own GUI, which is based on the LNPs source code as well.

About the blockfactory: Having indiviual block colors is not nearly as important as having individual furniture colors.

I am curious to see how your truetransform will work out (i havent tested it yet), and what you will come up with for itemsyndrome. :)

I've got truetransform working with paragons - I may end up applying it to other ritual units later on if the need arises. I'd also like to do some exploring with calling DFHack commands through reactions.

I haven't even touched itemsyndrome yet.  That's a whole other Pandora's box that would only slow down this update.  But rest assured, I've got some ideas for it. ;)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:43:01 pm by narhiril »

Ashenblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: March 21, 2013, 11:24:52 pm »

Sorry to interrupt but I have to ask.
My Weapons Concept Laboratory just made an Iron Giant Spoon.
I know this is a weapon but does it belong under the hammer genre?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:26:32 pm by Ashenblaze »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: March 22, 2013, 02:22:39 pm »

Sorry to interrupt but I have to ask.
My Weapons Concept Laboratory just made an Iron Giant Spoon.
I know this is a weapon but does it belong under the hammer genre?

Yes, it's a hammer.  :)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: March 22, 2013, 05:38:03 pm »

This mod looks really neat, but is it playable with ASCII? I really don't like tilesets.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: March 22, 2013, 05:40:10 pm »

Yes

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #3142 on: March 24, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »

PTW

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: March 27, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »

I'm just finalizing the runesmith's workshop and reactions (and associated documentation).  Depending on how smoothly that goes, I'll probably have a release ready by tonight or tomorrow, at latest.

EDIT: Ok, maybe one more day... sorry guys.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:11:43 pm by narhiril »

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: March 30, 2013, 06:19:53 pm »

Its ok, I understand delays. The demon Real-life is strong.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: March 31, 2013, 02:57:32 pm »

:) Take your sweet time, Narhiril.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 01, 2013, 03:24:56 pm »

:) Take your sweet time, Narhiril.

Finishing up the documentation for the runesmith's workshop.  Sorry about the delay this weekend, something came up.  Expect a release later tonight.

I've been struggling with exactly where to put this workshop for some time now, so it may move around on the advancement trees later on depending on how dramatically it affects gameplay.  Right now, it requires precision tools (t1 tech) and a ceremonial urn (t1 ritual), in addition to some other common building materials.  I strongly recommend using stockpile links to engrave the items you want engraved.  Note that despite my best efforts, the runesmith's workshop has not been terribly well tested, so please go play with it later and let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:30:09 pm by narhiril »

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.20a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]
« Reply #3147 on: April 01, 2013, 05:44:04 pm »

v0.20a Released (no this isn't an April Fools joke.  I know, the timing is bad).

As this one's got a lot of new, complicated features in it, I expect some issues to come up.  Please report any that you find so that I can get them fixed as quickly as possible.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 01, 2013, 08:33:21 pm »

Well, I'm glad this is out!  I don't have a whole lot of time to play with it tonight, but I got it to run, and generate a world, and embark with 7 stalwart, intrepid dwarves and commence to earth-strikin'.

Good news: :D
  • I got it to run on Linux.  I was a bit apprehensive about that because the DFhack stuff is entirely new to me, and I didn't know how hard it was going to be.  Details below, in case there are others who want to know how.

Bad news:
  • The download aborted at 6.8 MB the first time -- no idea why.  It downloaded fully the second time.
  • No ASCII!  :-X
  • The capitalization of the LFR_additional_creatures.png file is wrong -- I had to rename it to lfr_additional_creatures.png (non-issue on Windows because the FAT and NTFS file systems automatically translate capital to lowercase or vice versa).
  • The reaction_foundry_kipi.txt (and building_foundry_kipi.txt) files are still present, meaning most of the stones get marked as "economic".  And I didn't realize this until I'd already world-genned and embarked.

Steps to get it running on Linux (subject to change if I encounter any future issues):
  • Install p7zip or some equivalent program to extract a .7z archive.
  • Download the LFR .7z archive, the Dwarf Fortress Linux .bz2 archive, and the DFhack .gz archive.
  • Extract the LFR .7z archive somewhere.
  • Make another directory where you'll actually play the game.  I like this to be separate from the extracted archive, because the playing directory will have a big mess of files from three different places all lumped together, plus edited data files, and saves.  The extracted LFR archive, with the Manual and stuff, can be kept pristine.
  • Copy the contents of the "LFR v0.20a Ironhand Graphics Edition" subdirectory (from the LFR .7z archive) into the play directory.  (I use "cp -a" for this.)
  • Extract the Linux Dwarf Fortress archive (df_34_11_linux.tar.bz2) inside the play directory.  This extracts into a "df_linux" subdirectory.  Go into there, and move "df" and "libs" up into the play directory.
  • Extract the DFhack archive (dfhack-0.34.11-r3-Linux.tar.gz) inside the play directory.
  • Rename the raw/graphics/spoiler_lfr/LFR_additional_creatures.png file so that it's all lower-case.
  • Consider removing the raw/objects/*foundry* files, if you wish.
  • Edit the data/init/*init.txt files to suit your own preferences.
  • Run ./dfhack
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Palpatine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 01, 2013, 09:14:12 pm »

Yay, glad to see a new version of LFR! :D

When future bug fixes come out, will we probably be able to keep using a 20.a save, or will we probably need to gen a whole new world for 20.b?
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 240