Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What would you most like to see next from LFR?

More tech tree!
- 36 (26.1%)
More ritual tree!
- 8 (5.8%)
More lore!
- 12 (8.7%)
More mythical weapons/armor!
- 22 (15.9%)
Plagues!
- 28 (20.3%)
More secrets!
- 21 (15.2%)
More mechanical constructs!
- 11 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 240

Author Topic: *=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms (LFR 2012) v0.21a *=*=* [DF 0.34.11]  (Read 397580 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: *=*=*=* Legends of Forlorn Realms - an expansion mod *=*=*=* v0.13b
« Reply #525 on: July 29, 2011, 11:09:49 am »

Nar, I understand you probably wouldn't want to stray too far from the vanilla game, but today I had a thought while reading the posts about the scourge/whips overpowered-ness.

Anyway:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, that could make them voidwalkers quite powerful, and they already are. And would stray a little far from the game. But here's just my little idea anyway.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 29, 2011, 11:35:46 am »

I'm pretty sure there are normal dwarves. They're in the OP and all, being "not the most advanced or strongest race" (or something similar, the point is they're weaker than most).
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 29, 2011, 12:23:31 pm »

Do the Elcar REPLACE dwarves? I'm asking this because I haven't seen dwarves at all with this mod, but the elcar do share the same creature description.
What is an Elcar? This Mod does not add anything of that sort.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2011, 07:25:04 pm »

Nar, I understand you probably wouldn't want to stray too far from the vanilla game, but today I had a thought while reading the posts about the scourge/whips overpowered-ness.

Anyway:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, that could make them voidwalkers quite powerful, and they already are. And would stray a little far from the game. But here's just my little idea anyway.

I'll consider this, but first I need to more thoroughly test them with stealth sieges.  Giving them two upgrades in one version is just mean. :)

I can't wait for the army arc.  I have big plans for these guys.

Do the Elcar REPLACE dwarves? I'm asking this because I haven't seen dwarves at all with this mod, but the elcar do share the same creature description.

I am equally confused.  The meowkin, nephilim, lizardmen, bog trolls, voidwalkers, and (underground) moroii are the races associated with this mod.

In other news, though, the second set of altar rituals is almost finalized.

---

Lesser Ritual of Power

Consumes three totems - because nothing shows your devotion to conquest better than your enemy's head made into a trinket.  This ritual can yield substantial quantities of crossbow ammunition and bloodstone gems, but also carries the risk of disfavor.

Greater Ritual of Power

Consumes eight totems.  The risk of disfavor for this reaction is slightly lower (though the disfavor itself is more dangerous), and potential rewards are more lucrative.  Most of these rewards also come in the form of crossbow ammunition, some of unusual and powerful materials including stronger bone and metal.  There are also a number of unique rewards from this ritual, which you'll have to discover for yourselves.

EDIT: Another bit of exciting news - I've gotten a dummy (test) reaction to produce potable water.  This means that using the ritual tech tree as a water source is now an option.  Dwarves can drink or use the water right out of the bucket.  The only quirk is that if you wish to use the water as a fluid (i.e. for a pond), you must assign a viable water source activity zone before dwarves will use the buckets from the ritual to fill it (the game will not recognize an altar as an acceptable water source, so another one must be assigned for the job to occur, even though that particular source does not have to be used- or even accessible - the dwarves can then use the ritual buckets as long as this other water source exists).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:50:47 pm by narhiril »

Palpatine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 30, 2011, 02:40:38 am »

Any chance for the ritual tech tree to incoprate miraculous healings?  Urist McHouse can sometimes be great, but even when he's on, he's still got limits.  And when he's off, it's like you may as well not even have a hospital at all.

TehNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 30, 2011, 03:26:30 am »

thats why I sometimes train a second diagnostician with the morgue. Remember to turn his diagnosis off when there is an injured dwarf, though, else he'll diagnose the guy with broken legs as needing a heart removal or something.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 30, 2011, 10:35:27 am »

Any chance for the ritual tech tree to incoprate miraculous healings?  Urist McHouse can sometimes be great, but even when he's on, he's still got limits.  And when he's off, it's like you may as well not even have a hospital at all.

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but there currently isn't a way to do it. 

... For some obscure reason, this gave me an idea for a totally unrelated (but very cool) mechanical advancement.  It's really been irritating me lately that fish keep running out, so I aim to do something about that in the way of a new building - probably another little something for tier three.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:13:41 am by narhiril »

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 30, 2011, 03:37:57 pm »

Does this mod enhance adventure mode in any way?
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 30, 2011, 04:44:10 pm »

You can play as nephilim, who can fly.

So kind of.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 31, 2011, 03:17:33 am »

You can play as nephilim, who can fly.

So kind of.

Also, if your fort makes some of those experimental weapons out of the new metals, you can use them for all sorts of badassery.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 31, 2011, 08:25:30 am »

I am equally confused.  The meowkin, nephilim, lizardmen, bog trolls, voidwalkers, and (underground) moroii are the races associated with this mod.
Bah, who knows! I have so many mods installed! sorry!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Carn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 01, 2011, 01:07:42 am »

Nar, the created water can be used for everything but filling ponds? So the essential things (drinking, giving water to wounded, washing wounds and doctor's hands) all work with it?

You are my hero. I guess if it can't be put in ponds, forts relying on it as a source of water will simply need a lot of buckets.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 01, 2011, 01:44:24 am »

Nar, the created water can be used for everything but filling ponds? So the essential things (drinking, giving water to wounded, washing wounds and doctor's hands) all work with it?

You are my hero. I guess if it can't be put in ponds, forts relying on it as a source of water will simply need a lot of buckets.

You CAN put it in ponds, but you need to have another water source set in order to do so (the pond fill job requires a defined water source activity zone, and the game will not recognize an altar as a viable water source).  Once you've assigned a water source, however, the dwarves can use the altar's buckets to fill the pond.  The water source itself doesn't even have to be accessible, it just has to exist for the labor to trigger.

But yes, apart from that minor pond anomaly (which you can work around), it functions the same as if you pulled it from a well or stream.  That means drinking, washing, casts, etc.  I need to double check this, but it seemed to work just fine in the brief period I was able to spend today testing it.  I was able to directly observe drinking and pond filling - I am assuming the other uses will be fine because I can't think of any logical reason why they wouldn't.  If a problem somehow slips through the cracks (which I doubt), I will, of course, get it fixed as soon as possible.

I'm getting close to finalized release notes.  After some (probably brief) cleanup and barring any unforeseen difficulties, it'll be ready to play within a week or two.

I don't normally post my raws, but if anyone is curious, this is the reaction code that did the trick.  It took me a couple of guesses to get it right.

Spoiler: reaction_ritual_t1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:50:22 am by narhiril »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 01, 2011, 03:35:27 am »

Hey, how about adding some kind of soul to soulgem conversions, and reactions that require soulgems?

I'm considering about downloading this, as I'm kinda bored and frustrated about modding my DF game. What's a quick rundown of the features, like how would you rate this mod's difficulty?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2011, 03:58:31 am »

Hey, how about adding some kind of soul to soulgem conversions, and reactions that require soulgems?

I'm considering about downloading this, as I'm kinda bored and frustrated about modding my DF game. What's a quick rundown of the features, like how would you rate this mod's difficulty?

It's more difficult than vanilla, but far more rewarding.

Features include: many new plants, new animals, new megabeasts, a couple new, very Fun civilizations, and a tech tree!

That's not nearly an exhaustive list.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 240