Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 68

Author Topic: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG  (Read 178872 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Kenshi - An open ended, squad-based Strategy RPG
« Reply #630 on: January 16, 2019, 08:23:40 am »

That is very literally what wear does as a mechanic.  Wear represents non-repairable degradation of the limb and must be dealt with via the maintenance bed.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #631 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:58 am »

Yes, you need a special bed for special boys. You can usually find them in Tech/Mechanics shops in most cities and in Tech Hunter Outposts.

No like I said it only had 9 points of wear on the leg. I cannot heal it from negative with a repair kit.

Your cyberleg is in negatives? I think that it might be destroyed, so it can't be used at all and needs to be replaced. Not sure, though.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: January 18, 2019, 06:33:13 am »

That is very literally what wear does as a mechanic.  Wear represents non-repairable degradation of the limb and must be dealt with via the maintenance bed.

Please read my comments. Seriously.

Yes, you need a special bed for special boys. You can usually find them in Tech/Mechanics shops in most cities and in Tech Hunter Outposts.

No like I said it only had 9 points of wear on the leg. I cannot heal it from negative with a repair kit.

Your cyberleg is in negatives? I think that it might be destroyed, so it can't be used at all and needs to be replaced. Not sure, though.
Odd thing is, it healed over time by itself. Went from negative to full. I'm getting the feeling there is a weird bug with my import to the new version. The leg was off before I imported and then I bought and attached one.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: January 18, 2019, 11:15:03 am »

So my take on the history of the world:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: January 19, 2019, 01:46:24 pm »

Interior Design, Recruit Prisoners, Shidan's tweaks and fixes, and I strongly recommend RoboticsFix (this one implements separate containers for robotics components, which makes the AI actually function correctly when making robotics items, without these separate containers your workers are likely to get stuck in endless hauling loops).

I also endorse Ark Weapons Pack and its support mods AWP squads and AWP Vendors, but it's a good chunk of new content that can make the early game rather more lethal.

I use a few more but those are what I would consider the best.  All are available through the Steam Workshop and interior design, recruit prisoners and Shidan's tweaks are also on the Nexus.  AWP is too.
So these mods are from half a year ago. Still worth using? Also, are they more for experienced players or are they safe for newbies to use?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: January 19, 2019, 03:23:25 pm »

They are still very usable and I'd still rate them must-haves, they are also pretty new player friendly, but with the caveat that the Ark Weapons Pack 'squads' addon distributes some fairly nasty toys to roaming groups.

That said, the game is already very willing and able to kick the crap out of you, and the Ark weapons are pretty balanced overall.

Edit: I would also consider adding Shidan's Reactive World to my must have list.  It expands on the world states already present in the game and generally makes it feel like you can have more impact on the NPC groups.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:26:53 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: January 19, 2019, 05:14:37 pm »

So I remember hearing that new characters should hit training dummies in police stations to train up some basic fighting ability before trying to take on even the weakest bandits.

Dunno if that got changed in a patch along the way or if there was something in that very simple piece of advice that I missed, but I am now in jail - first for using a training dummy, then somehow managing to attack the guard coming to arrest me at the exact moment I attempted to stop training by right-clicking somewhere else. I'm pretty sure they nearly severed my leg.

Also: the loading times in this game are godawful. I think this is the first time in years I've seen progress bars actually decrease.

Update: Managed to pick the lock on my cage, then attempted to escape while the guards were all busy tending to another prisoner. Got beat up worse than before, locked into a more secure cage, with a bounty 3x that what I have on me and with a 60 hour sentence.
Should I just give this character up as a bad job?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 05:20:50 pm by Sirus »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 19, 2019, 05:37:44 pm »

Now there's a weird glitch going on. A guard keeps trying to put a Hungry Bandit (who is crawling and appears to be missing a leg) into a cage, but the bandit escapes almost instantly. So the guard puts him back in the cage, the bandit escapes, guard captures, bandit escapes, etc etc...

Sometimes the bandit will actually manage to crawl downstairs while the guard gazes off into the distance, but before long the bandit will be brought back, placed into a cage, escape instantly, and the cycle will begin again.

Semi-related: will guards feed prisoners? I'm worried I might starve to death before my sentence ends.

ETA: Started over after getting mauled by bonedogs. This time I stuck close to the Hub, mining to try and make some money. It was going well until a huge pack of bandits descended upon me. Not knowing what else to do I retreated to the nearest bar and set myself on Block mode, hoping that the bar patrons would take the bandits out.
Well, they did, but not before I took a chest wound and passed out. Now I'm in a recovery coma with a slowly healing chest with a useless medkit in my inventory, watching as the folks in the bar patch each other up but not me. Now they dumped me outside and my wound is getting worse. Seems like a Game Over to me, and I don't think I had a single way to avoid it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:39:23 pm by Sirus »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 19, 2019, 10:15:10 pm »

So I decided to give the game another shot. I used to have a pretty well established base in an older version but it seems I must have lost that save so I'm starting over.

I heard some murmuring about powerful people coming to assault your base now. That's too bad, I kinda liked just having my own little corner of the world to myself, but there's little point if it's going to get demolished every five minutes.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 19, 2019, 10:52:05 pm »

depends on where you settle.

shek territory is ok usually, the shek government dudes will drop by and demand food (they do not take much, so just let them). the bandits there that raid you are tough when starting but when you get a sizeable group with good gear and some basic training you'll do alright.

unless you're playing as racist dudebros, avoid the holy lands. even the government there, if they see sheks or skeletons or women, will raid you. good farming lands tho.

the uc's ok, watch for slavers but for the most part i've been ok there. standard tax bull but its affordable and they'll leave you alone. no good farming lands in the deserts of the uc tho. if you import food until you get hydroponics you'll be ok.

you can claim the top left of the map where the cannibals roam but traders won't stop there much and you'll get raided a ton by huge armies of fairly weak cannibals.

i'm doing another run with some mods, if i find a good area, i'll let you know.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: January 20, 2019, 12:21:52 am »

I used to set up just to the east of The Hub on a sort of plateau peninsula sort of thing overlooking a river. Is there a way to tell what sort of raids to expect before setting up? I assume dust bandits and the like.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 20, 2019, 01:11:56 am »

Dunno how, but when I got to Squin on this most recent game the entire town appears to be deserted. No shops manned, no guards at the gate, no civilians wandering about.

While this means that I can take whatever's not nailed down if I so choose, it also means I can't sell loot or buy food. Can't recruit anyone either. Reloading the save file did not help.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 20, 2019, 01:16:06 am »

I think you can use the import function to reset the game world while keeping your squad and all your stuff

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 20, 2019, 05:15:37 am »

Major factions send raids your way if you are their enemy, while allies will send reinforcements if you are allies. But without active hostility/friendship major factions only bother with settlements on their territory. Religious nuts send an inqusition party every week to pray with you; if you hide non-humans inside houses on their visit and lick their ass you are fine. They don't even demand taxes. Other parties send tax collectors. If you are middle of nowhere there won't be tax collector, but you'll have no caravans either, except from the Western Hive who travel everywhere. Love those guys.

Bandits will raid you if you are within a raid distance of their camp. Destroying those camps stops the raids but be warned - that means some other ruffians will start raiding instead. After I kicked the snot out of local dust bandits, I started receiving visits from black dragon ninjas. And oh man, they completely ransacked my town and went through the gate like a paper bag. In addition to these planned raids, enemy groups might just spawn in the vicinity and wander to check out your outpost.

I'd advice downloading a mod that increases gate HP and possible a mod that reduces raid frequency.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:57:12 am by Majestic7 »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 68