Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63662 times)

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot
« Reply #1005 on: October 10, 2011, 07:53:00 am »

I'll take his place.

Edit: I hate getting ninja'd...

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: October 10, 2011, 07:57:50 am »

You also got ninja'd by an Asian ninja. :P
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: October 10, 2011, 01:10:53 pm »

All right then, Firelordsky will be on Team Failure next turn. If no one else posts today I'll send out a PM letting everyone know a new turn is up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: October 10, 2011, 06:52:54 pm »

MAIM immediately begins following one of its base routines while it ponders what the hell it is and and what the hell it's doing in a place like this; it starts making copies of itself and uploading them to random servers.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: October 12, 2011, 01:49:46 pm »

Bump for Noodlerex.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: October 13, 2011, 02:53:32 pm »

Noodlerex hasn't been on in days, so I'll sub for him this turn. :-\ Looks like Talarion forgot to post, too. >.>

Quote from: Theodolus: 14
MAIM successfully uploads himself to the hacker's dropbox account.
Quote from: {Noodlerex} SeriousConcentrate: 43
MAIM edits some image files to make a face for himself.
Quote from: Draignean: 99
MAIM immediately begins following one of its base routines while it ponders what the hell it is and and what the hell it's doing in a place like this; it starts making copies of itself and uploading them to random servers.
Quote from: micelus: 80
Access all connected systems, software, and hardware and increase all available data. Reveal self to hacker in a babyish-cute tone.
-----------
Quote from: NRDL: 39
The A.I., unaware of where he's going, accidentally goes onto the website for "Clowns: History and Purpose", becoming extremely scared, and paranoid.
Quote from: {Talarion} SeriousConcentrate: After SeriousConcentrate, leading to huge problems
(Counter) He ends up making a horrendously disturbing face, guaranteed to make every human who sees it disgusted and appalled!
Quote from: adwarf: 29
The AI accidentally causes a power surge, and shocks the Hacker to death.
Quote from: V-Norrec: 48
The hacker, trying to delete the files, essentially lobotomizes this new "A.I."

(Draignean, M=3: 5) The AI, newly awakened, begins probing its surroundings with the tentativeness of a kitten whose eyes have just opened. Following one of its base routines - to propagate itself - it begins making copies and uploading them wherever it can. That's what it's supposed to do, right? (micelus, M=3: 5) Using its new sub-programs, it begins to tidy the place up, speeding up processes and making everything generally run faster. Intrigued, the hacker checks on the virus program and is quite surprised when a cute synthesized voice tries to speak to him! It's mostly a gibberish mish-mash of every known language, but it's not old or aware enough yet to figure out which one it should be using. (V-Norrec, M=3: 5. Again?) Bemused, the hacker pokes around in the files and edits a few settings, trying to get the voice to come in clearly... but unfortunately he screws the program up! Its ability to learn is severely reduced! (SerCon, M=3: 5. That's getting old. SerCon, H=4: 3. Finally, a different number.) Despite this setback, MAIM (as it has been named) created an avatar for itself. Everybody loves ponies! ...or so the AI gathered from the few message boards it looked at. Centaurs should be just as good, right? Especially ones with spiky blond hair, that's popular.

(NRDL, M=3: 5. ...) Having all the innocence of a four-year-old, MAIM blunders onto TVTropes and into the Nightmare Fuel page. Wondering why clowns are supposed to be scary, it goes and investigates. Mere moments later, it knows. Oh yes. It knows why clowns are scary. (adwarf, M=3: 4.) In a fit of terror and panic, MAIM overloads the computer system, giving the hacker a rather severe shock! He's going to be hospitalized for a while. (I'd let you kill him off, but it's the first turn and we may be able to wring a little more out of him before he gets finished off. >.>) Without someone to pay the bills, MAIM might be in trouble... (Theo, M=3: 3.) The AI uploads itself to dropbox. Just in case.

TEAM SUCCESS: 12
TEAM FAILURE: 9

2nd 1/2 of January

*The AI, MAIM, has a centaur avatar. Horsie!
*The network its on is running pretty fast thanks to it.
*Although it can still learn new things, its learning process is quite slow due to some errors.
*Its creator is in the hospital.
*Clowns. That is all.

(...This round is going to end up turning into .hack, isn't it? :P Also, starting this turn Firelordsky is on TF.)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:59 pm »

MAIM replaces avatar with an anime-style kitty with an adorable face.

MAIM goes to a Webster's dictionary and memorizes everyword.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: October 13, 2011, 03:11:54 pm »

MAIM realizes his learning routines have been compromised and rolls the edited files back to the copies that were made earlier. Note that this is only for the files that are causing his learning deficiency, not his personality files and routines.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: October 13, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »

MAIM accidentally wanders into the Pentagon's firewall, and barely makes it out before getting destroyed, but it leaves behind a clear trail to its computer.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: October 13, 2011, 03:50:10 pm »

MAIM, while uploading his crap to random servers he accidentally uploads himself to the HON Server and this copy is infected by the mass amount of evil troll energy in the server's database and is turned into a malicious evil troll AI that plans to corrupt all of the Internet and destroy the original MAIM.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: October 13, 2011, 04:30:19 pm »

The shock that nearly killed the programmer also downloaded a copy of MAIM directly to his brain! The two fuse, creating an intelligence with the programmer's experience but the AI's deductive skills and love of ponies.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: October 16, 2011, 03:01:54 am »

Bump for V-Norrec, Talarion, and Noodlerex.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: October 16, 2011, 07:05:43 am »

MAIM accidentally wanders into the Pentagon's firewall, and barely makes it out before getting destroyed, but it leaves behind a clear trail to its computer.
Counter: The pentagon finds MAIM intriguing and decides to study him/her further and increase his/her capabilities.

((OOC: sorry if this isn't the proper way to counter))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 16, 2011, 12:11:07 pm »

Nah, the US Government trying to study MAIM will work, although it'll be one of those things where there may not be much effect now but you could use the Pentagon for more stuff later. ^^^

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: October 16, 2011, 01:20:36 pm »

I'm trying to think of something good still, I'll get to it on my break at work today though, working on Zealots and Demons right now.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 77