Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

(Poll pending)

(Generic Choice 1)
(Generic Choice 2)

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77

Author Topic: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot  (Read 63650 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alter Someone's Life Round 5: Reboot
« Reply #1035 on: October 22, 2011, 08:30:56 pm »

lol, you wouldn't want MAIM. The thing would do nothing but troll you all day. :3
Nope not MAIM, but if it was like Deja from The Fall of Reach then I would take it.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 22, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »

This looks like an interesting round. Been enjoying this a good bit. I'm looking forward to the next round when I get to play.

I have a suggestion for a slight improvement to the game in general though. Please note, I'm not criticizing (well maybe I am, but not in a negative way) and I'm not demanding my idea be used. I just noticed something I think could be addressed and am pointing it out with a possible solution attached.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 22, 2011, 10:30:08 pm »

Hearing the announcement over the radio about the incoming missiles that are about to turn the U.S into beaten glass Hacker-MAIM (honestly any peace loving citizen hearing about "Hacker-MAIM" would run away just at the name.) quickly uses his phone and the expensive machine that goes 'ping' at the hospital in order to disable the launch capabilities of both sides and avert WWIII!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 22, 2011, 10:36:42 pm »

Hearing the announcement over the radio about the incoming missiles that are about to turn the U.S into beaten glass Hacker-MAIM (honestly any peace loving citizen hearing about "Hacker-MAIM" would run away just at the name.) quickly uses his phone and the expensive machine that goes 'ping' at the hospital in order to disable the launch capabilities of both sides and avert WWIII!
Umm...

The missiles are in flight. If Russia's missile launching capability is removed now, the missiles will still hit the US. Just saying.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 22, 2011, 11:07:25 pm »

This looks like an interesting round. Been enjoying this a good bit. I'm looking forward to the next round when I get to play.

I have a suggestion for a slight improvement to the game in general though. Please note, I'm not criticizing (well maybe I am, but not in a negative way) and I'm not demanding my idea be used. I just noticed something I think could be addressed and am pointing it out with a possible solution attached.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nah, dude, you're completely right. Rounds 2, 3, and 4 didn't have as much of a clear winning goal whereas Round 1 did, and, uh... well, the results speak for themselves. I kind of had it in my head for Round 2 that TS's goal was keeping Kel alive for the whole years since DF is pretty dangerous but I never stated it and honestly TF could still have won by ruining his life without killing him. :\ I realized that myself which is why I was pretty happy with Theo's suggestion; MAIM's Success goal is to be recognized as a living entity much like an adult human and get laws passed recognizing it as such.

I do like the scoring idea. I did rewrite the rules to make the point system a little more valid, but I think I'll implement that suggestion into the next round. ^^^

@Everyone else: Any other constructive criticism? This RTD has yet to be perfected, and any good suggestions now mean better games in the future. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 23, 2011, 12:32:25 am »

nah its good as for the turn:

cheat at online poker to make millions of dollars and use the money to buy warehouses around the city

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 23, 2011, 12:35:59 am »

Umm...

The missiles are in flight. If Russia's missile launching capability is removed now, the missiles will still hit the US. Just saying.

And miraculously hack the missiles midflight. That too. :P
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 23, 2011, 04:29:55 am »

The bitter, uncaring, unsympathetic A.I. does nothing to help the United States in it's time of need, dashing any hope the A.I. might of had of being granted personhood in the United States, and probably Russia for that matter.

((Zig is a reference to Zero Wing, which is the basis for AYBABTU))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 23, 2011, 04:31:51 am »

Ah, OK, because I looked it up and the closest thing I could find were Russian cruise missiles that used a particular flight pattern... ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 23, 2011, 04:36:57 am »

On the other hand, it does help Australia and China stop any war or trouble from breaking out by getting them to stop the missiles and any animosity.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

LAAT501legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 23, 2011, 06:57:28 am »

I have a question,is there a slot open in team success the next round? If so,I would like to play.
If not, I would like to be in round 7 as team failure.
This isn't reality.
THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!!
*kicks an elf into the pit*
Roll to be a BATTLE WIZARD

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 23, 2011, 07:06:17 am »

Yes, there is. :3 D'you want to be in both or just R6? Regardless, you're in for Round 6 now. ^^^

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 23, 2011, 08:50:11 am »

Posting to watch. I want to be on team failure next round.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 23, 2011, 11:44:03 am »

Troll MAIM completely oblivious to WW3 starts a Youtube account that is dedicated to converting people to become trolls and unfortunately he gets traced to his human self and Human MAIM gets beat-up whenever people see him.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Elmach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 23, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »

Wow, 50% of the players so far are dealing with WWIII. And lots of reactions are contradictory. Who is countering who? I can't tell...

Also, it might not be obvious, but I did

The US government blames the World War on MAIM. The Russians believe them.

Just in case this is unnoticeable because I didn't bold it.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 77