Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1291687 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10575 on: September 21, 2023, 08:51:20 pm »

I would say stealth is too expensive, but I had 700 scrap at the end, and had upgraded my reactor to max by the end of sector 4. Teleporters are OP.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: October 10, 2023, 09:42:51 am »

A predator was camping the room I needed to loot, my objective was to cause no harm, and I had no sources of crash.  I needed to lure them but my stun gun was too quiet.  I had to use grenades... without harming anyone.

I also had a time limit AND a jammer messing around, but a slipstream let me work fast.  I dropped a grenade and ran, then detonated it just in time to distract the jammer and pull everyone away.  I ran a circuit around a good portion of the ship, zooming past other guards, to reach the target area from the other side.  The predator's insta-kill zone is big!

I got the loot but a guard had wandered too close to my egress.  I dropped another grenade, hid around a corner, and detonated it to lure him safely into the loot room.  Then sprinted through the window he had been gazing out of moments before.

No harm done~  Certain aliums would be very pleased with me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: October 10, 2023, 08:02:10 pm »

Except for hearing damage, presumably.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: October 10, 2023, 08:03:59 pm »

Hurt feelings at their failures as guards, possibly damaged future career opportunities.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: October 14, 2023, 12:02:28 pm »

Property damage, not to mention the theft.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: October 14, 2023, 08:57:56 pm »

These alliums don't care about property damage or careers, though the hurt feelings are a concern.  I didn't hear about any hearing damage, but I was pretty close to one of those grenades...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: October 19, 2023, 01:15:53 am »

Motherfucking Fool’s Idol. The fight in and of itself? Easy-fucking-peasy, I did it four times before I died.

Getting back to the fight? Fucking magician bastards have the audacity, the sheer fucking gall to not act the same as they did when I was cautiously making my way through the goddamn level trying to figure out what’s what.

I also liked my “aha!” moment.

Mo-ther-fucker.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: October 19, 2023, 03:09:53 pm »

Flattened three people in rapid succession, almost securing a teamwipe.

Warzone 2
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: October 22, 2023, 07:20:52 am »

Assaulted the Cryptark. Realizing the sheer scope of what I was going up against, I loaded up with dual Smart Guns, grenades, and a shitload of ammunition, about 4000 rounds for each Smart Gun. There was an artifact objective to destroy all 22 subsystems aboard the ship. This included three Advanced Factory modules that constantly produce heavy drones that seem to be capable of phasing through walls to get to you. The ship also had a jammer, and two repair modules, which had to go first.

After hopping from one area of the ship to another, I still had about four subsystems left but I was down to no health whatsoever, having exhausted both my repair kits and every repair station on the ship. Ammo was feeling a bit low, but I could not afford a resupply. Luckily, the only systems that were left were easily bombarded with grenades. As was the main core, which normally does defend itself.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: October 24, 2023, 02:32:05 am »

Finished Demon’s Souls, kind of underwhelming. Don’t think I scratched the surface too much, but beyond that the last six or seven bosses I did were pretty easy and not that memorable, other than the Storm King, that was probably the highlight of the game.

Might do another run at some point; I was going to get to Ed and see if I could get Northern Regalia before remembering I’d have to fight the Firelurker first, and that was one of the two bosses I had the most trouble with. Ah well, onto Disco Elysium.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: October 24, 2023, 05:59:08 pm »

Finished Demon’s Souls, kind of underwhelming. Don’t think I scratched the surface too much, but beyond that the last six or seven bosses I did were pretty easy and not that memorable, other than the Storm King, that was probably the highlight of the game.

Might do another run at some point; I was going to get to Ed and see if I could get Northern Regalia before remembering I’d have to fight the Firelurker first, and that was one of the two bosses I had the most trouble with. Ah well, onto Disco Elysium.

Yeah, having the fight your least favorite boss is only fun in the real world.

To get used to how Disco Elysium is supposed to work, do a run trying to see how quickly you can die. Try everything, read everyone's reactions, but make bad decisions on purpose. Helps you relax and realize you don't need to always need to make the most optimal choice.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10586 on: October 24, 2023, 06:07:07 pm »

I’ve already made many (what appear to be) suboptimal decisions, mostly punching doors and pointing guns at children because that’s how far I got in the time I had left after finishing Demon’s Souls before bed.

I started as the Sensitive build, very much enjoying the tie and the slightly bonkers connections the character draws.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: October 25, 2023, 10:15:33 am »

Defeated the Hand of the King on 2 BC / New Game++, earning me the ability to turn up the difficulty one more notch. (Some new, harder monsters; and the game's gotten downright stingy on between-level healing.)

I was having an excellent run, blasting through the levels taking only minimal damage; such that I was able to preserve my healing potions. Then I stumbled onto some really extraordinary luck - on one of the final levels leading up to boss (so when item levels are their highest, so weapons will have lots of affixes and high base damage), I came across a legendary weapon shrine. Defeating its guardians, I was awarded with a legendary-grade Starfury (a Terraria crossover weapon).

The regular Starfury is decent, but nothing special - its high rate of attack is balanced against the fact that it's not very good against normal enemies, since its attack doesn't cancel their attack animations. Each time you hit an enemy, two stars are spawned, which deal critical damage to random targets on screen - not so great when there's an entire screen of things that the stars might target; quite deadly when there's only a single enemy (like a boss battle.) Legendary Starfury doubles the number of stars spawned with each hit, more than doubling its damage.

It was still a difficult fight - if I hadn't had nearly all my healing charges I might still have lost - I actually chugged one potion while I was standing in a spike pit, since the pit was slightly safer than possibly getting juggled by the boss attacks.

Edit: Wow, and just a single day later, I managed to beat the game on 3 BC / New Game+++ mode.

Turns out that having a heavy hitting, fast weapon that deals criticals on enemies who are held (Baseball Bat) and a thrown weapon that inflicts a long-lasting hold effect - even to most bosses - (Boy's Axe) makes for a formidable combo. I even managed to finally scoop up a 'no hit' achievement on one of the bosses that I'd been unable to perfect before now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 09:00:06 pm by AlStar »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: October 25, 2023, 10:15:02 pm »

Beat the level that vexed me as a kid. Caddis Fell.

Did the tactic I remembered, bumrush the gems in the west and bridge across the whole north of the lava lake so I could reinforce the walls. With that, I had as much time as I needed.

Spent the next two hours just training up my forces, then demolished the heroes in the south. Dragged all the corpses, mine and theirs, to the graveyard and got a sizeable (20+) number of vampires. Trained them up because since I'd cleared the heroes, I had access to two gems and their expense could be maintained. This was vital, the AI to the north can access 1.5x as many monsters as you and high level vampires can resurrect by losing a level. By having so many high level vamps I could just drown them.

But to make sure, I plopped a load of boulder traps down to thin the AI's numbers and whittle down their vampires levels.

After that it was an utterly graceless and protracted brawl to their dungeon heart, and victory.

Dungeon Keeper: The Deeper Dungeons
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10589 on: October 28, 2023, 07:07:16 pm »

About halfway through the mission, the enemy received reinforcements of about half a dozen cavaliers charging from where the mission started. I did not expect that. Although most of my army is already most of the way through the castle, Bartre and Matthew had straggled to loot a room with some treasure, and wouldn't be able to rejoin the main group in time. Also, there was no way to save the supply tent, but thankfully that's not a permanent loss; he just doesn't level up that battle.

It was a difficult effort, Bartre being reduced to 3 hitpoints and Matthew being required to take a hit that reduced him to 1 hitpoint - he killed one of the enemy cavalry in the process. I was able to get Lowen and Dorcas to their aid, with Dorcas literally dragging Bartre out of the fire and taking heavy damage. Then I got everyone in a chokepoint with Priscilla on healing. Lowen, Dorcas, and Bartre were then able to slaughter the entire cavalry force before I could bring back anyone else to help. Nobody died except the smashed tent.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 709