Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329937 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6645 on: August 26, 2016, 09:14:24 pm »

Fable enemies are pretty cheap, and again, it's all power fantasy stuff.  Physical shield doesn't scale well past the midpoint of the game, force push has serious damage falloff in the later half, ranged weapons reach their zenith at about the three quarters mark, melee weapons become the only viable attack method at the end.  And they still take forever to bring down something heavy like an ice troll or endgame summoner.

Don't misunderstand, I ran the game naked with only fists once, never died, never used a resurrection phial.  The game is easy, the AI just uses cheap things like stunlocks, unblockable attacks, turtling up, immunity to knockdown/back, etc.  Having the spell stuff just makes it smoother.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:17:45 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: August 27, 2016, 04:17:16 pm »

Chateline Evelyn is absolutely adorable, but that didn't stop her Persian from getting hammered between Garchomp's and Haxorus' claws, like some kind of messed up sandwich made of dragon bread with cat meat in the middle. It was like some kind of traditional Chinese meal or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: August 27, 2016, 06:39:08 pm »

Starter knight dude somehow managed to survive 7 death blow hits after the rest of the party died. Probably would've been better for something like that to happen during a boss fight and not a random skeleton fight at the beginning of the game, but whatever, I'll take what I get.

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: August 28, 2016, 08:40:00 am »

Docked a gas giant into an Earth-like world(which happened to be my capital). Had some difficulties at first when the gas giant got lodged inside of an orbital defense base, but it managed to work itself out.
And yes, the gas giant was larger than my capital, and the defense base was larger than both.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6649 on: August 28, 2016, 11:39:39 am »

Rolling on through the Demon Ruins with a +5 Black Knight sword is proving pretty fun. The R2s are hilarious on charging enemies and otherwise useless, but the raw damage on demons is worth the bad moveset.

...just got to find out what are area the Orange Charred Ring lets me access now.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: August 28, 2016, 02:01:04 pm »

Rocksmith 2014
Meanwhile, I have been attempting to play guitar for most of my life, and while I am able to remember chords and notes and shit I still suck at playing them just as much as when I started.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: August 28, 2016, 02:47:20 pm »

Due to a typing error, I ended up building a ship over scale 1 million(was supposed to be 100k). It's larger than stars, with more hitpoints.

The weapons are garbage. Sure, they can 1-shot any AI ship from well across the system, but they take so very long to reload as the reload time is based on the size, both on the ship scale and the part size, and the part size can never go below 0.25. And worse, projectile speed isn't scaled, so the only thing that hits with any reasonable speed is a laser which has one of the longer reloads. The only thing with a decent reload speed is the plasma thrower.

It also took forever to destabilize a star. Missiles(each bigger than a planet) were doing 10-30 billion points of damage per missile. When it went supernova, it did little damage through the shields. Let me iterate that, it killed a star a point-blank and took only scratch damage from its death throes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: August 28, 2016, 03:01:31 pm »

Ok seriously what the fuck is Star Ruler and where can I get my hands on that action
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: August 28, 2016, 03:03:51 pm »

Basically, you built yourself a death star. Good job.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: August 28, 2016, 03:05:56 pm »

Docked a gas giant into an Earth-like world(which happened to be my capital). Had some difficulties at first when the gas giant got lodged inside of an orbital defense base, but it managed to work itself out.
And yes, the gas giant was larger than my capital, and the defense base was larger than both.
WAIT A SECOND YOU DID WHAT WITH A GAS GIANT

WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD OF THIS GAmE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: August 28, 2016, 03:17:56 pm »

Basically, you built yourself a death star. Good job.

No. A Death Star shoot a laser to destroy a planet. My ship fires a Death Star out of a railgun to hit a scout ship on the opposite side of a star system because why the hell not?!

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: August 28, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »

Star Wars IV: a moon-sized spaceship capable of destroying whole planets
Star Wars VII: a planet-sized planetship?! capable of destroying a whole star system(sans the star itself, I think?)

If you hurry up with some sketches, writing and a copyright application you might earn yourself a case against Disney for the inevitable star-sized spaceship in Star Wars X. Some good dosh to be had there.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: August 28, 2016, 07:23:34 pm »

Joined in at the start of the alert. Hadn't played in a few weeks, so I was playing badly. Abandoned the usual clusterfuck of a biolab siege that I spawned in, moved over to Mekala Cart Mining. Lost that to the NC, but they didn't push very far into the techplant. Tried to push back to Mekala Cart Mining, but after a long fight we got pushed back into the techplant when they pushed from the northeast flank with massive armor. We still had 44% of the map, so we were in great shape. Dug in for the inevitable siege as night started to fall. Not long before the alert ended, someone comes up on Orders chat for people to start hitting Vanu HIVEs. I look at the map, and the VS have 14VPs to our 10, meaning we'd still lock if we won the alert, but not if the VS got another VP from mining. Within seconds, three VS cores got hit by TR, and apparently more allies scrambled to build bases for them. At 2 minutes left in the alert we get the VP bonus for most active cores bringing the score to 12-12, clinching the continent lock.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: August 28, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »

Got something like 26600 heal points. Just by doing what I always do: Heal everyone. Medic's not hard once you get down the basics, folks!

In a single round!

It took about 30 minutes...

Team Fortress 2.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: August 28, 2016, 08:56:09 pm »

I love making horrifying ships of sentients' worst nightmares in star ruler. very fulfilling, and arguably the best part of the game (that got lost in translation to the sequel.)
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 711