Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1305267 times)

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5985 on: May 07, 2016, 11:00:29 am »

Fun fact: The retreat tutorial shows up upon the first death of the game, even if it's against the final boss that you can't escape from.
Damn, I guess that means you never died until the final boss.  Holy shit that is an own if I ever saw one.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: May 07, 2016, 01:05:35 pm »

Aha! Take that you weird... dragon... thing. Now maybe I'll be able to stop playing other games in time to their music.

Considering going back to play some of the other characters... but then again, that would unlock Coda, and then I'd be tempted to play Coda, and then I would suffer terribly. So maybe not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: May 07, 2016, 03:40:41 pm »

Went to playtest my newest Empire Earth civ, Poland, who had faved faster and cheaper cavalry, cheaper Field Artillery/Anti-Tank Guns, OP priests and faster civilians.

At the beginning I created a Priest and sent him to harass Kingdoms of Italy base, snatching civvies before they put up an University. But I already had a pack of infantry, musket cavalry and some cannons, so I attacked it... and hoo boy, we crushed the Kingdoms of Italy in the early Renaissance! By that time I had enormous economical base at home, and it was time to put up it to proper use, spamming military buildings and unit upgrades, making the cavalry proper melee/ranged beasts, the former being bullet sponges.

After I had 12 Stables, 4 Barracks and 4 Siege Workshops, I was churning out medics, cavalrymen and artillery all the time. The two next enemies, Russians and England, were crushed by the time of Industrial Revolution, the Polish Cavalry Hordes led by Napoleon.

But that was the moment where I discovered that the Ottoman Empire, who quietly kept to its corner, managed to outpace me and went into World War I era (first 25 years of 20th Century), so they began churning Tanks and even constructed an Airfield... so we swarmed into OE's base before I re-filled my horde after the latest double-smackings.

My poor Dragoons and Cavalrymen (ranged and sword cavalry respectively) were dying rather fast to Gotha Bombers and anti-personnel tanks, even with Manfred von Richthoffen's morale boost, so I had to make some AT cannons, and just sent the rallying points at the outskirts of the Ottoman city.

The constant onslaught and stream of Polish units lasted 30 minutes but I produced too much cavalry too fast for the Ottoman tanks to counter it in the meanwhile my Partisans (weaker infantry but able to shoot airborne things) began to dent the Gotha Bombers and managed to down few as they went to refuel at the airfield, and by then the Polish Cavalry Charge hit the core of Ottoman empire, cutting down their military buildings and civilian workers, and 2:30 hrs into the game, the Poland, without the backing of modern tanks and airplanes, won.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 03:44:26 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: May 07, 2016, 11:13:57 pm »

I haven't played this game in a while, and the archipelago map was kicking my ass.

Then I decided to actually take advantage of the water and place Monkey Subs the way I place sniper towers - as far away from the bloons path as possible.

The thing is, one of the non-final upgrades for the Monkey Sub ("Advanced Intel") allows the sub to fire its homing darts at any target that's within another tower's range.

Another thing: One of the final upgrades for the Monkey Sub allows the sub to permanently detect camo bloons.

A third thing: Purchasing the Sub and "Advanced Intel" upgrade is fairly cheap. I could get about one sub per round, and had already placed explosives and the like to deal with leads.

It was on medium, but I couldn't quite take care of business until I used the map to my advantage.

And it was oh so sweet seeing those subs at the end of the track firing right towards the beginning!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: May 08, 2016, 08:37:33 pm »

There's a missile upgrade, too.

Also, Monkey Village synergizes REALLY well with the subs.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:59 am »

Got into a fight with a zombie holding a knife. He got the first hit in, so I slashed his knife-arm with my cleaver, removing it in a slow-mo effect. Then I chopped off his other arm, again with slow-mo. Then I removed his head, again with the slow-motion effect.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: May 10, 2016, 09:23:49 am »

Got into a fight with a zombie holding a knife. He got the first hit in, so I slashed his knife-arm with my cleaver, removing it in a slow-mo effect. Then I chopped off his other arm, again with slow-mo. Then I removed his head, again with the slow-motion effect.

I think it's fair to say that this zombie was quite 'armless.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: May 10, 2016, 12:18:58 pm »

http://instantcsi.com/

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: May 10, 2016, 05:58:46 pm »

http://instantcsi.com/

Goddamnit, I had my volume turned up when I clicked on that. That hurt.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: May 10, 2016, 06:44:20 pm »

I beat the Nuclear Throne's first form with a laser rifle and a golden crossbow.  I was Rebel and had the stress mutation, so I said "fuck it" and intentionally lowered my health to 1 so I could fire as fast as possible.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: May 11, 2016, 05:32:49 pm »

I shouted a group of five people into flying into a spikey-door trap, killing them all.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: May 11, 2016, 08:46:45 pm »

Destroying battleships is fun. The trick is to be patient - a lot of the player's weapons can hit from offscreen similar to how the battleship's guns can attack from offscreen.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: May 12, 2016, 08:11:52 pm »

I have decided that my 20x20 roofed quarry on MineGrumps shall now be a massive subterranean town, extending from the very bottom of the bedrock all the way to the surface.

I have no illusions about this being easy or even feasible, but I've got a promising start. I haven't intersected any caverns, mineshafts or dungeons, and I've dug about 30 blocks down so far.

It's going to be themed as a massive underground factory complex, with cramped apartments, lava flows, a massive cobblestone generator, redstone lighting, and more.

The only problem is going to be finding a suitable population for all of the space and resources this is going to take...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5998 on: May 13, 2016, 01:49:56 am »

I have decided that my 20x20 roofed quarry on MineGrumps shall now be a massive subterranean town, extending from the very bottom of the bedrock all the way to the surface.

I have no illusions about this being easy or even feasible, but I've got a promising start. I haven't intersected any caverns, mineshafts or dungeons, and I've dug about 30 blocks down so far.

It's going to be themed as a massive underground factory complex, with cramped apartments, lava flows, a massive cobblestone generator, redstone lighting, and more.

The only problem is going to be finding a suitable population for all of the space and resources this is going to take...
Presuming it's a MC mod...
20x20 isn't that big, unless you mean 20 chunks by 20 chunks or some other prodigious size. I did this in FTB infinity, really, massive cobble generators aren't necessary. I'd put more effort on an automated farm.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: May 13, 2016, 11:47:58 am »

The subplots will be around the outer area and through tunnels, I should have specified. The initial 20 x 20 will just be a central area that all of the plots and facilities connect to.

MineGrumps is only lightly modded. It just has anti-griefing stuff like claims, Lockette and item protection.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:49:52 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 710