Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 712

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1334000 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5955 on: May 03, 2016, 12:30:05 am »

Sonic and Eggman.  Biggie and Smalls.  Pikachu and Snorlax. Oreos and Smores. Pinky and the Brain. The Super Londo Bros. Han Solo and Jabba the Hutt. Fatman and Robin. Ren and Stimpy
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5956 on: May 03, 2016, 02:43:35 am »

Peek-a-boom OP plz no nerf.

War Thunder

Russian biplanes start with 4 guns compared to the other countries having a max of 2. Of course, one from Germany has 12.7mm guns while everyone else has 7mm, but so manny T1 Russian planes have autocannon. Example, pwning ass with the Yak-1
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: May 03, 2016, 02:46:21 am »

The Soviet forces are moving west with only a single objective: the city of Rostov.  But they are advancing on both sides of a river.  To the north of the river is the bulk of both forces facing off; our supply lines on that side of the river do not reach nearly far enough to take the objective but they get slightly longer each turn.  To the south of the river, a solid chunk of Russian forces faces off against a small but extremely elite German tank and mechanized force supported by a small amount of inexperienced infantry.  On that side of the river our supplies run along a railway which means they can be infinitely extended as long as our continuous control of the railway allows.  This same railway runs through Rostov and provides the Germans' main means of supply off the west side of the map.

We need to capture Rostov and the only thing that matters is how fast.  Unfortunately, the south portion of the Soviet army suffers a devastating setback.  They defeat the elite mechanized unit surprisingly quickly and encircle the tank unit.  This tank unit is elite and accompanied by a Tiger, an even larger German tank.  Basically the unit is crazy badass, but doomed because its out of supply.  Rather than losing hope this tank unit proceeds to get massively lucky and wipe out a Soviet infantry unit and devastate a second so badly it retreats, leaving a gaping hole in our line.  The tanks pour through and cut off a segment of the railway.  Because our armor advanced past the encircling infantry, they can't get back in time to recapture it and the way supplies work, after another turn out of supply our armor will be too broken down to be able to launch an attack.

But we don't need to win on both sides of the river, just one, and the north is on time.  In fact they're doing so well the Germans withdrew most of their tanks to defend against them.  The veteran Soviet mechanized units on the south side of the river thus chew through the inexperienced infantry that remain almost instantly, and then the entire force moves to the banks of the river.  Since we control the other side they can cross unopposed even in their broken down state, and recover there.  This doesn't even effect my timetable much, since the southern German forces were all withdrawn or destroyed, and we have to wait a few turns for our supply to be ready for the final push.  As an added insult, Soviet units cut off the railway on the west end, so that the remaining German defenders are starved of supplies.  The battle around Rostov is bloody but with the massive Soviet numbers advantage and the lack of supplies we just barely manage to win out.  As it turns out, Rostov fell in exactly the shortest amount of time to win the maximum amount of prestige.  Even with the kiss of death that is having a railway cut off I still managed to win a glorious victory!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: May 03, 2016, 06:32:06 am »

YOU AREN'T HELPING
Black lives matter.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: May 03, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »

15 player kill streak.

Overwatch.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: May 03, 2016, 04:29:31 pm »

max
stop having it before i do you meanie mcmean
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: May 03, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »

Took down the Vile Skeleton on the first try. I remember that fight being much harder when playing the demo...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: May 03, 2016, 08:12:03 pm »

Took down the Vile Skeleton on the first try. I remember that fight being much harder when playing the demo...

That boss was hellish the first time I fought it. But that was mainly because I had changed Sana's magic-casting setting to "Heal Only." The moment I switched it back, she started dropping giant ice spears on him and he died in very short order.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5963 on: May 03, 2016, 08:18:01 pm »

Less than 600 soul limit left, then. . .

TIRO FINALE! And down goes Walpurgisnacht.

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: May 03, 2016, 09:07:06 pm »

max
stop having it before i do you meanie mcmean
:D

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: May 03, 2016, 09:14:07 pm »

I do feel a constant foreboding of Ornstein and Smough, though.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: May 03, 2016, 09:43:42 pm »

Black lives matter.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: May 03, 2016, 10:10:46 pm »

Went into a bunker-clearing mission with a squad of three mercenaries, one of my own faction's troops, and my brainbot. I had an engineer with a shotgun and digger, a sniper with a Stalker Bolter, another guy with a Longlas and a medium digger, and some guys with assault rifles of various sorts and grenades.

The first thing I did on-site was find another mercenary in a unit-crate, dig him up, and hand him my engineer's secondary. I also set up my sniper in a good spot.

Started clearing surface areas, but kept losing mercenaries in the process, they turned out to be more fragile than I hoped. Set up my brainbot digging for gold while I finish clearing the surface bunkers to my right, but get all my mercenaries killed. Then I realize there's an entire squad on the high ground to my right, and send the engineer to investigate, but he gets shot out of midair by snipers, raining his gear and giblets on my remaining soldier. He goes up too, manages to kill two of them, but bleeds out. My sniper's on the other side of a hill, and has too heavy a gun to easily jetpack back over, and two more enemy soldiers are advancing on my brain. So I call down an orbital strike on them, which not only wipes them out, it blasts through the bunker ceiling and kills the last enemy on the map. I warp back to the ship with one sniper sans his leg, my brain, and every gun on the map.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:04 pm »

AHAHAHAHAHA FUCK YOU METAL FACE YOU PILE OF SCRAP

YOU'VE BEEN THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE FOR TWENTY-SOME HOURS OF MY LIFE

BUT NO MORE

FOR NOW

IT IS SHULK TIME
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5969 on: May 03, 2016, 10:42:12 pm »

Not a counter; Korean onagers outrange them-
Not if your opponent is also Korean. :v

Well, yeah. But at that point finding a counter is moot because you can match, which is what you're describing.
The next best if you don't have huskarls is either halbs (for pierce armor) or knights (to get into the onagers' minimum range as fast as possible), but they're still nowhere close to a hard counter.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 712