Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1303999 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6000 on: May 13, 2016, 06:27:26 pm »

I had a fully-metal-armored soldier wielding two iron shields get kicked into a lake. Days later, she emerged, having taught herself to swim with no previous experience. She proceeded to turn a presumably surprised goblin archer into a giant bruise with shield bashes, drop a few one-liners about weaklings, and went to the tavern to get plastered.

Dworf Fartress
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: May 13, 2016, 06:38:58 pm »

The subplots will be around the outer area and through tunnels, I should have specified. The initial 20 x 20 will just be a central area that all of the plots and facilities connect to.

MineGrumps is only lightly modded. It just has anti-griefing stuff like claims, Lockette and item protection.
Pack it full with villagers, then use the spawned iron golems to make infinite iron.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6002 on: May 13, 2016, 06:40:06 pm »

I had a fully-metal-armored soldier wielding two iron shields get kicked into a lake. Days later, she emerged, having taught herself to swim with no previous experience. She proceeded to turn a presumably surprised goblin archer into a giant bruise with shield bashes, drop a few one-liners about weaklings, and went to the tavern to get plastered.

Dworf Fartress
Of course, everyone knows drowning is the best way to learn to swim.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: May 13, 2016, 06:46:39 pm »

I fixed what was initially appeared to be a very scary computer problem!

Admittedly, I just removed and remounted the hard drive, but that was surprisingly difficult (I had to remove the keyboard and palm rest to get to the hard drive).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6004 on: May 13, 2016, 06:50:13 pm »

Real Life? Isn't that the new free MMORPG?
Many monthly fees, massive fully open game world, super duper NPC AI, billions of mobs, fully PvP and the best graphics known to man? Or am I thinking of outside?
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: May 13, 2016, 06:53:49 pm »

Real Life? Isn't that the new free MMORPG?
Many monthly fees, massive fully open game world, super duper NPC AI, billions of mobs, fully PvP and the best graphics known to man? Or am I thinking of outside?

Not outside (I was in an indoor area at the time).

But yes, Real Life.

I don't think there are any NPCs, by the way, I think it's just all players!

Also, don't forget the super fast loading times!

Although for best performances players have to "sleep" for a few hours...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6006 on: May 13, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »

Oh yeah, and the meta in that game is real. Too many metagamers and powergamers for my liking *cough cough politicians cough cough*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: May 13, 2016, 07:07:53 pm »

Dworf Fartress

I guess that the shields were used as flotation devices.

I mean, you spread your arms(and legs) out as much as possible, and the wide surface area of the shields provides extra bouyancy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: May 13, 2016, 07:12:54 pm »

Dworf Fartress

I mean, you spread your arms(and legs) out as much as possible, and the wide surface area of the shields provides extra bouyancy.
bouyancy is the volume of water displaced. Holding a shield flat won't increase it's volume.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6009 on: May 13, 2016, 07:15:34 pm »

Dworf Fartress

bouyancy is the volume of water displaced. Holding a shield flat won't increase it's volume.
It'll make you float if it's curved. Once it's displaced its own volume in water it will then proceed to float.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: May 13, 2016, 07:15:43 pm »

The subplots will be around the outer area and through tunnels, I should have specified. The initial 20 x 20 will just be a central area that all of the plots and facilities connect to.

MineGrumps is only lightly modded. It just has anti-griefing stuff like claims, Lockette and item protection.
Pack it full with villagers, then use the spawned iron golems to make infinite iron.

There's already an iron farm on the server, no point having two. :P

The town that has the iron farm also has a stupidly massive item sorting machine. Look at this thing:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They say it's at about 10% capacity. Which probably means there are several chests full of most stackables in the game.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: May 13, 2016, 07:24:23 pm »

Dworf Fartress

It'll make you float if it's curved. Once it's displaced its own volume in water it will then proceed to float.

She was 2-Z under the water!!! Just sitting there, like an alligator waiting for the movement of its prey. Also, she is not a vampire. I checked that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6012 on: May 13, 2016, 07:26:10 pm »

Dworf Fartress

She was 2-Z under the water!!! Just sitting there, like an alligator waiting for the movement of its prey. Also, she is not a vampire. I checked that.
The Guardian 2: Resurgence confirmed

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: May 13, 2016, 07:55:25 pm »

The one pet-peeve I have about this "life" game is the character creator. You have no control. seriously? Huge oversight by the developer.

[/sarcasm]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6014 on: May 13, 2016, 08:34:02 pm »

And not to mention the microtransactions. I mean, you just want that one thing, but to get it for free you need to go full wildlife, build the required facilities by hand from wood and stuff, then aquire the materials (V. hard without microtransactions) to make it.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 710