Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328302 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5850 on: April 16, 2016, 12:49:19 pm »

I gotta say.... I sometimes play on people doing that. I start constricting a small guy, some other big buddy comes over to constrict me in turn, and as they're stealthily trying to circle me.... strike. Full throttles, cut them off, gobble them up.

If the small one is still I let it go, usually. Sometimes even leave a portion of the bigger one for it. Depends how small it is - if it's a big one, I'm not letting it go.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: April 16, 2016, 01:32:13 pm »

I gotta say.... I sometimes play on people doing that. I start constricting a small guy, some other big buddy comes over to constrict me in turn, and as they're stealthily trying to circle me.... strike. Full throttles, cut them off, gobble them up.

If the small one is still I let it go, usually. Sometimes even leave a portion of the bigger one for it. Depends how small it is - if it's a big one, I'm not letting it go.

I do that too :))

Not played for a while though, biggest I've been was low 30's-k
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: April 16, 2016, 02:02:35 pm »

How do people get the lengths on the leaderboard that are between 108 and 109?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: April 16, 2016, 02:20:20 pm »

Reached top of the leaderboards for a while. Had ~44,000 before dying, next highest was ~20,000. Best part was my classy, witty name of "itty bitty snake titties".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: April 16, 2016, 05:49:58 pm »

What a google search term that would be.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: April 16, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »

I could look it up and just might but it'd probably just show a lamia with an A-cup.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: April 16, 2016, 08:44:48 pm »

Despite the fact he promoted like four levels lower than everybody else (hereditary?), Eliwood pulled through and managed to magnificently interrupt Nergal and Athos's wizard duel at the last second, scoring his best kill in ages.

[A few minutes later Hector and Canas tag-teamed a dragon into oblivion.]

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: April 17, 2016, 12:08:26 am »

I should probably write that third update for my FE3 LP now, seeing as I've finished my backlog of Fire Emblem games. All I have left are Genealogy and Binding Blade.

You'll probably never have so much transcribed text in that LP that an update has to be split in two posts, so it could be worse. You could've made the mistake of doing a screenshot LP of The Age of Decadence. So I say you probably should continue it, even if it's only because I want to see the Fantasy-Orleans jazz bands.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: April 17, 2016, 06:32:52 am »

Defeated a boss in my first attempt using only one Estus Flask during the entire fight.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: April 17, 2016, 02:37:43 pm »

Out of nowhere, I find a powered-down "Medium Exploration Ship" called "Christine". None of it was tagged as being in a faction, and I checked the control panel list(including the "show hidden" ones) for any warheads. It came up clean and I powered it up; no booby traps. It's a cool-looking ship, but most of the parts are written in German. Thankfully it's ordered by English part names, so I quickly figured out what they do, but I didn't see any of the rotor stuff listed or what they do. Anyway, I brought it back to where I'm building my base, fitted the tail section with a landing gear, and took it over two where I had a couple of pirate drone constructors I had disabled via wizard-mode because I don't think those were supposed to spawn at all(the drones they build didn't).

Gonna strip them for components. Or at least strip one, and maybe up-gun the other after rebuilding all the controls. The Christine is definitely going to be kept, there's part of it would make a perfect gun deck.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: April 17, 2016, 10:55:55 pm »

Defeated a boss in my first attempt using only one Estus Flask during the entire fight.

Honestly, the Gargoyles and Capra Demon are, as far as I can tell, designed to wreck newer players and encourage them to try co-op. Capra Demon never really stops being hella robust, but the Gargoyles go down really quickly to any non-physical damage. Ornstein and SMOUGH are also always a fun time. Always. It is inevitable. And fucking Pinwheel is the most bullshit boss ever with all the goddamn clones. Makes the Catacombs a living nightmare.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: April 18, 2016, 08:08:03 am »

The problem with the Gargoyles isn't that I couldn't damage them quickly enough. I had a +3~5 halberd and was doing a good chunk of damage with each hit. The problem is their fucking bullshit AoE attacks that they love to spam. Once one is left it's not much of a problem since you can run in and gank them while they're busy spewing fire. But if they are both alive, then you can't do that without getting a halberd up your backside. So basicially you get forced into a corner and die one way or another, since even if you run past them they'll just chain AoE attacks and prevent you from doing anything until you burn to death. The only reason I won against them is because I managed to kill the first one off before his brother could rush in and interrupt me.

I would have gone with co-op, but the only messages I can see are developer ones or ones I put down myself. So... Definitely not an option for me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: April 18, 2016, 08:29:46 am »

Just summon Sunbro, dude. He's not the smartest AI in the world but he can tank like a beast. Alternatively, if you freed Lautrec, you can summon him instead.

Or just get both of them if you don't feel like putting any effort in. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: April 18, 2016, 08:46:26 am »

Honestly, the Gargoyles and Capra Demon are, as far as I can tell, designed to wreck newer players and encourage them to try co-op. Capra Demon never really stops being hella robust, but the Gargoyles go down really quickly to any non-physical damage. Ornstein and SMOUGH are also always a fun time. Always. It is inevitable. And fucking Pinwheel is the most bullshit boss ever with all the goddamn clones. Makes the Catacombs a living nightmare.

The key to killing pinwheel is to just rush him. He doesn't have that much health and his attacks are easy to dodge.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: April 18, 2016, 03:11:54 pm »

Beat the Abyss Watchers on my first try. They were a total joke. Why? Because backstabs. They are one of few bosses that are vulnerable to backstabs. And I had a sunbro with me, splitting their attention between the two of us, so one of us could always get the backstab.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 711