Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328299 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5880 on: April 24, 2016, 11:03:39 pm »

I started to train my parrying skills using a parrying dagger. Turns out that I never managed to do it before because I didn't know just how much it matters to use a small shield or a dagger instead of a larger shield. Been doing pretty good so far, parrying is one of those things that, once you get not completely terrible at it, makes many things much easier, though it does take some practice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I never realized how difficult parrying actually was with larger shields until I started playing a Theif in DS1. The timing difference is incredible.
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5881 on: April 25, 2016, 01:19:04 am »

Put together a build that let me zap anyone on the other team for 95+% of their health while invisible, given I could get into cast range without being detected. We lost, but I actually got complimented by most of the enemy team for the build, plus I ended positive.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: April 25, 2016, 01:28:22 am »

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: April 26, 2016, 07:01:44 am »

I owned Toon Link a million times already...
withmarthonly
Rubidium has RETURNED!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: April 26, 2016, 07:05:01 am »

>Avatar is Lucina.
>Not Lucina.
Black lives matter.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: April 26, 2016, 08:39:01 am »

Loaded back up after this. Managed to kite one of the ogres away from where they spawn instead of aggroing both.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: April 26, 2016, 08:40:05 am »

Game is Dragon's Dogma if you couldn't tell by the screenshots.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: April 26, 2016, 02:15:18 pm »

I devised a bizarre strategy to capture Gazak with my subpar-strength Niles: I had my much-stronger Takumi use Niles' Bow to get down to 1 HP. Then I paired Niles with Benny and had Benny tank hits from a paladin in a chokepoint to fill up the Dual Guard bar. After that, I would have Niles try to catch Gazak with, then use Shiro's Swap command to pull him out of there when he missed. I kept doing this until I caught Gazak, and now I have a beefy berserker in prison.

Fire Emblem: Fates
>Avatar is Lucina.
>Not Lucina.
marth
:P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: April 26, 2016, 04:23:13 pm »

Played my first Competitive Match of Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Not only did my team win 16-4, (We did really bad on the first couple rounds on each side. XD) but I managed to get 23 kills, 10 deaths, and was the third best on my team. As someone who was having a lot of trouble actually getting used to how to play CS:GO, I am very pleased to have had such a good start. :D My next match was a disaster as we had 1 person leave, and then my team mates started to hack... so yeah. Third game though was SO CLOSE! I got 4th on my team, but when the match ended 16-13, it was a fun experience. We managed to turn things around while playing as the T's.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: April 26, 2016, 05:08:05 pm »

I devised a bizarre strategy to capture Gazak with my subpar-strength Niles: I had my much-stronger Takumi use Niles' Bow to get down to 1 HP. Then I paired Niles with Benny and had Benny tank hits from a paladin in a chokepoint to fill up the Dual Guard bar. After that, I would have Niles try to catch Gazak with, then use Shiro's Swap command to pull him out of there when he missed. I kept doing this until I caught Gazak, and now I have a beefy berserker in prison.

Fire Emblem: Fates
>Avatar is Lucina.
>Not Lucina.
marth
:P
Marth isn't playable in Smash, but nice try.
Black lives matter.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: April 26, 2016, 09:16:38 pm »

Holy fucking SHIT the infinity pistol is awesome. I just wiped out the entire dam level with it, boss constructor and all(I don't think I even stopped firing during that last part)

Edit: Fucking hell, my legendary luck is off the chain! First the infinity(which I finally sold as damage output just wasn't cutting it anymore), then my new pistol, a Thunderball Fists I randomly found in the dam, and now a Kerblaster! WTF?!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 02:25:18 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: April 27, 2016, 04:41:24 pm »

Managed to win by removing all of my opponents pieces from the board, rather than having more after filling the board. This is the first time this has happened.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: April 28, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »

Reached the Undead Church, steamrolled the respawning Knights and the big guy with the mace, but died to the Channeler's Hollow horde. Seven thousand souls and two liquid Humanity was on the line, and I wasn't going to let it go to waste, but after reaching the Church again my broadsword became damaged. Now, I couldn't have that, but the nearest blacksmith was (to my knowledge) Rickert of Vinheim, all the way in New Londo...

...I made it there, fixed and +1'd my sword, made it back and handed the Channeler his severed ass without using the fires in between or dying, although I did take the shortcut from the Hellkite Bridge in lieu of the whole trip. But I was proud. (Especially since I killed the mace-wielding miniboss without dying or getting damaged more than once.)

Dark Souls
Black lives matter.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: April 28, 2016, 10:56:19 pm »

I'm assuming that this is your first time playing and you don't know all of this stuff, of course. I finished the game only last week, so I can't exactly make fun of you for being so behind the times. Let me know how much shit the gargoyles and Carpa demon give you, just so that I can compare.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: April 28, 2016, 11:05:40 pm »

Ah, the Capra Demon--always annoying, but highly cheesable.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 711