Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329050 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5010 on: October 11, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

Now do it all over again but as a mage instead of a warrior.

Hahaha my first playthrough was vanilla with a mage-only char. It was hell on earth later on, but actually doable. Except I dropped the game back then because I couldn't handle all the inventory management, and I seriously can't go through a place without opening all of its chests.
I really don't wanna touch Skyrim until when/if I get Dawnguard and Dragonborn DLCs, which for some reason I didn't buy it before.

You built and married children??!
O___O

Yes. Nothing like homemade little wi...
Damn you.  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:35:55 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: October 11, 2015, 10:23:35 pm »

How did I last own: I finally finished it.
That's it.

Got it on release, still had not finished it (nor any of the major questlines).
Tried two times, and dropped it because I couldn't stand the UI / Carry Weight / wasting more time looking in containers and sorting inventory instead of playing.
So 50 mods later, and in my third attempt...I did it. And even built a house, and married Muiri, and adopted children with the Hearthfire DLC.
I actually had to take a 3 month break half-way through it.

My soul is now free.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Damn Sirus!
*stares*
I WISH I HAD THE BALLS, MAN
I WISH I HAD THE BALLS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: October 11, 2015, 11:45:02 pm »

I discovered that if you're in the driver's seat, you can still give orders to the gunner as if you were in the commander's seat. For the first time since I unlocked the tank missions, I'm having fun driving the tank.

ARMA:CWA.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: October 12, 2015, 06:53:32 am »

Finished my campaign with a few named soldiers.

Made Zhang the volunteer for the temple ship, then I took my main guy (unlocking the achievement for having one char survive from start to finish), Anette, BFEL the completely modded assault, Rince Wind the turbo puncher MEC and Remalle as a medic.

BFEL took many enemies out by turning invisible and surprising the enemy, Zhang shredded both sectopods for the team to finish and Rince Wind sadly did not punch anything and even got mind controlled... while he was out of ammo, so nothing bad happened. Without Remalle I would have lost half the team midway.

But the MVP had to be Anette. She mind controlled an etheral and had it throw a rift on the uber. Next turn, uber etheral tried to control her... but not only he failed but Anette's augment fired back doing 15 damage and killing him on the spot! Invasion over.

Xcom: Enemy Within

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: October 12, 2015, 11:22:10 am »

Screwing around with the weapons, finding one I like best.

Tried out the Dual Swords.

I think I'm in love, given that I crushed the Nerscylla in a matter of minutes with these things.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:28:03 am by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: October 12, 2015, 12:43:51 pm »

Screwing around with the weapons, finding one I like best.

Tried out the Dual Swords.

I think I'm in love, given that I crushed the Nerscylla in a matter of minutes with these things.

Welcome to the club, dual blades for life!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: October 12, 2015, 01:36:22 pm »

TRUE FACTS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: October 12, 2015, 07:57:14 pm »

Todays the day men that we declare war on the greatest catholic countries in the world! We shall march into lombardy with the Allfather on our side! We shall beet the wardrums to awaken the thunderer, and the valkeries shall sing forever how the great empire of Midgard took the catholic stronghold and brought it to its knees under the true gods of this land! No more shall this crisified god spread his lies into our land! FOR WE, THE VALIANT WARRIORS OF THE EMPIRE! STAND READY TO CRUSH THE CATHOLIC REGIMES OF LOMBARDY AND WE SHALL DRINK FROM THE SKULL OF THEIR FALSE PROFIT!

Hmm whats that? Wait the kings been in our cells for three years? We already won!? But we didn't get to kill anyone!!

Well fuck...

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE THE GODS HAVE GRANTED US THIS VICTORY! WE HAVE BROUGHT DOWN LOMBARDY! THE COWARDS SURENDERED AS SOON AS WE DECLARED WAR!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 08:14:15 pm by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: October 13, 2015, 08:27:41 am »

Started out as Eden.
Oh good, 2 spirit hearts.
Oh GOOD, IT'S BUTTER BEAN EVERYBODY! EVERYONE HIDE! ...No.
Suddenly, I enter a room and jokingly use it once and get teleported out.
I look at the bottom left corner of my screen - Broken Remote.

The very rare time where one of the worst trinkets in the game and objectively the worst active item in the game combine their forces to create a ludicrously hilarious and not entirely impractical synergy! What a time to be alive!
All those chests in challenge rooms? No problem, just open them and teleport out? Oh, and Dark Bum? Why not steal that one too while you're at it.
Ipecac from the Boss Rush? Feel free to snatch it as well.
Add a Mom's Knife from a Devil Deal and an assortment of other cool items and you've got yourself a won run.

Take that, Butter Bean haters!
Spoiler: Bonus: screenshot (click to show/hide)

4maskedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ghost of Forumites Past
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: October 13, 2015, 10:22:58 am »

Had a battle-weakened army (three units of line infantry ranging from 30-60 men, two light cavalry units with about 35 men each, and an artillery unit with two cannons left) come under attack from a fresh army of soldiers (5 units of line infantryat 120 men and one unit of light infantry at 90 men, which was also where the enemy commander was) reinforced by a unit of ranged cavalry (40 men).  Any other battlefield this would have been a roflstomp of my forces, but the particular battlefield was a river with only two crossing points, one on each side of the map.  I managed to bottleneck one of the crossing points, rout the cavalry and three line infantry units, sent my cavalry across to rout the light infantry unit (killing their commander in the process), then somehow with less than 120 soldiers left between all six squads routed the remaining two line infantry units.  Moral of the story?  Being on the defensive is great, and cannons are devastating weapons because of their ability to break the enemy's resolve.

A flitting shadow, wandering the hidden paths of the forums.  Long since lost to humanity, it's path follows no discernible pattern, simply observing that which goes on around it.  If you have found it, it is already too late for you, for none may see its silent journey.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: October 13, 2015, 09:06:08 pm »

Had my first successful escape mode victory. It was... surprisingly easy, once I learned the patrol pattern of a particular guard. He would open the doors to the outside area of the prison (which were not designated as a restricted area) and then open the gate to the outside. Once past the gate he became hostile, but I was able to quickly move off the map, thus counting as an escape.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: October 14, 2015, 06:43:51 pm »

I have become a god - through SCIENCE!

While topping out only in terms of research and economy(and not by much), I managed to keep peace after two successive successful wars against two more powerful empires. After that, I put my research into overdrive. One planet, Chiron(which might have been a SMAC reference), had a ton of building space, plus a tile with a 700% research bonus. Obviously, that was covered in research buildings as soon as possible. Nobody seemed to mind. Through tax/spending manipulation, I got the research time for ascension to under 20 turns as well.

Science for the Science god(which is now me)!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: October 14, 2015, 11:47:39 pm »

After years of either not learning how to play this, not trying because of the intimidation factor, or not having a computer that could run it, I finally wiped out my first enemy unit.

And by "wiped out an enemy unit" I mean "forced 84,000 allied troops to surrender".  Not bad for my first encirclement :3
Spoiler: The last stand (click to show/hide)
The last battle of that pocket (not of the overall scenario, which isn't over yet) lasted like half a day tops.  It was a little sad.  Granted they're outnumbered ~3:1, they have no way to resupply, and they're being attacked from 5 directions by a bunch of tanks, but... still.  Maybe they were angry at their generals for not anticipating this or making any effort to get them out of the situation.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: October 15, 2015, 02:53:52 pm »

EnigmaticHat confirmed for better Hitler than Hitler.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: October 16, 2015, 10:53:53 am »

Defending a city with two units of militia and five units of armed citizenry against three units of line infantry, one unit of ranged cavalry, and one unit of artillery (six pound foot, I think).  Listed as being a highly improbable battle for me to win, due to the low skill and morale of my units as compared to the enemy's.  And yet I still won the battle, with the scariest part being attempting to eliminate the enemy artillery without my forces breaking and running.

Granted, I was helped by the AI's stupidity (I generally keep the AI on easy, at least for now, until I learn better strategies).  They attacked head-on against what appeared to be just my two militia units hidden behind barricades to protect them from artillery fire, only to learn that all of my armed citizenry was hidden in the woods behind those militia units.  I routed the cavalry with surprise overwhelming firepower and, when their line infantry attempted to engage in melee combat, they learned why having superior numbers of guns can make up for lack of skilled units, particularly at close range.

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 711