Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329052 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4995 on: October 09, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

Two of my teammates disconnected, leaving my side outnumbered 2:4. But I have been practicing my mid-range assault, which is strong enough now that I can usually handle rollers and brushes easily; and my remaining teammate took a defensive sniper post.

Between him lot letting a single enemy into the base and me constantly getting past, around, and through their defense and seeker bombs, we won 43% to 31%. He had over 20 kills and no deaths, and my K/D was 11/5, of course the two who disconnected were 0/0. The enemy team must have been so upset!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: October 09, 2015, 03:55:01 pm »

Started the game with a golden crossbow as crystal, which is pretty much my favorite weapon until looping starts (at which point it begins to fall off due to the enemies having more health and there being about a trillion of them). Found a cursed minigun (and had the appropriate ammo saving mutation) in the Dark Crystal Caves, which I figured had me set for the rest of the game when combined with my golden crossbow, as my minigun would kill closeup enemies and bosses, while my crossbow would snipe.
To my vast surprise, I happened upon an ULTRA crossbow at the very start of the first loop, which I have never managed to get before (and in my humble opinion is the best weapon in the game (when combined with the homing bolts, and presuming that you are already level ultra) mutation due to its huge damage, ability to hit enemies off screen comfortably, quick reload time and low ammo cost).
With my ultra crossbow and minigun I completely crushed everything in my path, including beating the first loop entirely (which is significantly better then I have ever done before), only to fall when 4 big bandits pop out in 1-3 L2, and one of them charged my, reducing my health to 1 and breaking down my cover, making me easy prey for the barrage of shots that the rest were throwing my way. I still managed to take out two of them before dying however.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: October 09, 2015, 07:35:30 pm »

Blew up the Tyranid Hive Fleet, killed the Alpha Hive Tyrant, made the sub-sector safe. Well, as safe is it can be with an infestation of Orks, Eldar guerrillas, and the escaping wild splinters of the Hive Fleet each of whom may or may not have the ability to form a new Hive Fleet and may or may not have developed an immunity to the bioweapon that we used to break it apart in the first place.

...Come to think of it, did we just royally fuck up the entire sub-sector?

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: October 09, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »

Went for a quick game vs medium bots for practice. Playing Leshrac the Tormented Soul (more like Glowstick the Rave Centaur). He's got glowy lights and magic damage for daaaays. It's seizure-riffic.

His Area of Effect damage is disgustingly good. Just nukes entire teams if he has the items and mana for it. By the end of the 30 minute match I had 11 kills versus 2 deaths, and was level 20 against an enemy team at levels between 11 to 13.

That's a steamroll. Against bots, so nothing meaningful, but it was fun.

Have you tried playing an Orb - Walking Viper against Bots? My record (against Unfair Bots) is something like 40 to 1.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: October 10, 2015, 02:14:44 am »

Won over a free-form move master(Cooper) with a free-form move(Most fluid-looking moves that is not noobclap etc.), with less points than him(won by dq). Not exactly an own through, as he did a mistake(I don't know about the mistake, but he slammed the out of bounds area from inside).

EDIT: Forgot to tell, apparently someone carpish entered the server before i own like this. I wonder who they was?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:29:36 am by H4zardZ1 »
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: October 10, 2015, 02:55:02 pm »

Did some unpleasantness to many people in FOB missions, stealing all their stuff. Never have I had such a successful run of things in FOB invasions.

I think it was four in total. I managed to completely ace two of them so all the poor sods can do is watch the replay of me killing/extracting their guys and then stealing all their resources.

The other two were less successful in that I got caught so the owners can retaliate, but they still get to watch the replay of me killing/extracting their guys and then stealing all their resources.

I now have too much stuff, so people might steal it from me :o

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: October 10, 2015, 07:44:10 pm »

The first mission of the second section of ArmA 3's campaign. The one where you have to make your way through the pretty heavily occupied city alone and poorly equipped.

Dying a lot.
Updates forced me to restart the mission. This time I just kind of... went through the town. Killed 2 guards with the pistol I started with and 2 more with the rifle I looted off the corpses.
I have no idea why I thought it would be easier to go a convoluted route before.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: October 10, 2015, 09:00:58 pm »

Made a big mistake at work today.  I work tech support for a major ISP.  I was calling a person back after they had to restart their modem, because their phone is linked to the modem and when it's like that we need to call them back after the modem finishes restarting.   Unfortunately I accidentally got the phone numbers in my system mixed up and called the wrong person back. I ended up calling a person I worked with earlier in the day.

That is very very bad.

Fortunately( or unfortunately) their problem had recurred, they were having intermittent connection with their internet, and it happened again since we got off the phone.  So like a boss, I recognized the voice, quickly cross referenced the phone number to bring his account back up, and I played it off as me having been 'reviewing my notes' and seeing his system went offline again.  And that I called back to check up.

Got him sorted by sending a in home technician to check on the, at this point, clearly faulty equipment.  Got that sorted in 5 minutes and called the original person back and got their stuff fixed too. I had even managed to just barely make my promised callback window with 30 seconds to spare.

I reported the mistake to my supervisor (since I was unable to update my notes on the customer I called in error).  And was told that while I need to be more careful with my callbacks, I handled that better than anyone else that ever reported that mistake to him in the 3 years he has been a supervisor.

So apparently I got a customer who needed an in home tech an in home tech a day earlier, since they were just planning on calling back tomorrow.  AND managed to get the original power outage glitch fixed for the original call.  In a situation where most of my coworkers absolutely panic.

Real Life: Day Job expansion pack.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:19:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: October 10, 2015, 09:58:53 pm »

The Soviet forces began the battle in a thin line capped off with large forces on the north and south ends.  Or at least it seemed like a coherent line.  In reality, my forces were actually split in half by supply issues; our supplies were coming in from both ends of the same railway, but that railway ran through Orel... which was under Axis control.  The southern group's armor (and a single unit of literal calvalry, which I find hilarious) break through the southwest end of enemy lines and push through to form a sizeable but thin bulge.

The moment I hit end turn on the first turn, German infantry destroy an undermanned Soviet infantry unit I foolishly left with nothing behind it, and a single Panzer unit rushes through and plants itself on the southern origin of our supplies.  All of our tanks are in the bulge, and the infantry move too slowly.  No one can reach the tank to attack it.  After two turns out of supply (counting from the START of my turns), the entire southern half of the Soviet forces will be unable to attack and be weakened.  After three, they will be incapable of defending themselves.  There is nothing they can do to stop this.

This is probably worthy of a quick restart, but I didn't.  Instead, I had the northern unit push forward at a breakneck speed and reach Orel.  In the single turn before they lost the ability to attack, the southern group punched their own hole in the enemy lines and moved north along the railway.  The same setup that prevented them from pursuing the panzer unit proved beneficial; the units furthest away from Orel were the (again, literal in one case) calvalry, who were most capable of running away.  Orel was easily encircled next turn, but the enemy infantry inside were too stubborn to break in a single turn.  As a result we still didn't have use of the railway.  The southern force moved up close to Orel and the north group moved in front of them, forming a defensive line.  What the stretch of the railway we did control came close enough to resupply all of them.  The entire retreat was executed with very few casualties, and we now controlled the first of our objectives.

With the railway firmly under control and all Soviet forces fully supplied we no longer needed our southern supply source in the short term.  The insolent Panzer unit was left to rot far away from the Axis supply lines until, too broken down to fight, it was taken out by a single Soviet infantry unit.  I went on to win the battle.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5004 on: October 10, 2015, 11:46:27 pm »

Real Life ownings are always awesome.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:57:20 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: October 11, 2015, 09:33:50 am »

The AI in this game does some... odd things.

Playing as the Danes, I've expanded all across East Europe, stopping at the incredibly valuable port at Khazar. I've got Longboats trading from Lithuania all the way to Khazar, getting most of the ports in between save for the north coast of Africa. Money is pouring in.

Along the way, Crimea falls to a neutral faction. I ready my army to take it, but the Hungarians beat me to the punch. I start putting troops on the border, and they do the same. Numberwise, we're about even, but I attack. I push them back a few provinces(including Crimea), not entirely aware of the size of their nation.

Eventually, the Pope demands I stop attacking them. I comply. Apparently, this does not apply to the other side, since they launched a hilariously abortive attack on me with their king. In the meantime, the remains of their territory are split in two with a civil war, which might have been started when I put an inquisitor there.

Despite the fact that the province on the southwestern side has about 1800 men, their king(on the NE side) with less than 100, attacks the rebels. As far as I can tell, he's old and has no heirs, though the rebel leader claims royal blood.

Next turn, I see the king's band back where he started, reduced in size, and with about 25 men being returned as ransom.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: October 11, 2015, 02:04:29 pm »

How did I last own: I finally finished it.
That's it.

Got it on release, still had not finished it (nor any of the major questlines).
Tried two times, and dropped it because I couldn't stand the UI / Carry Weight / wasting more time looking in containers and sorting inventory instead of playing.
So 50 mods later, and in my third attempt...I did it. And even built a house, and married Muiri, and adopted children with the Hearthfire DLC.
I actually had to take a 3 month break half-way through it.

My soul is now free.

EDIT: Damn Sirus!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 02:34:43 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: October 11, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »

Now do it all over again but as a mage instead of a warrior.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5008 on: October 11, 2015, 02:09:43 pm »

You built and married children??!
O___O
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: October 11, 2015, 02:24:50 pm »

I finally beat the mission I was stuck on, via judicious use of savescumming (but without using the "save anywhere" cheat).

Turns out, the secret is to drive far to the left of the road, then come back down on the other side. That way, you come up behind any OPFOR lying in wait, and any AT soldiers that may be present don't have time to pull out their RPGs.

ARMA: CWA.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 711