Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1291670 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4770 on: August 19, 2015, 12:26:35 am »

Decided to try my new tank out, since I was fortunate enough to win it. It was absolutely ungodly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What tank?!
The KV-1B, the ground forces reward for the summertime madness.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: August 19, 2015, 10:01:35 am »

Annexed Texas, annexed Korea, conquered 7 regions? provinces? states? from china, saved the CSA from the USA. helped the CSA get a lot of land. took land from the USA. took Washington from the UK, freed Canada from the UK. and became the 1 power in the world.

Things went rather well. unfortunately the CSA decided to stop being my ally at some point and they lost quite a bit of land to the USA.

I learned something very important during my time as mexico. Late game America is a bitch to fight. ;-;

The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: August 19, 2015, 10:23:26 am »

>freed canada
HAIL MEXICO!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: August 19, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »

My trap fence actually caught an stag, proving its viability and worthiness to be worked on, when I had signed it off as a failed cause.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: August 20, 2015, 04:13:32 am »

Playing Bloodbowl:Chaos Edition as a Nurgle team with a beast of Nurgle kitted out to deal as many injuries as possible.

Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: August 20, 2015, 02:13:54 pm »

I'm playing demoman on pass_warehouse, looking to take out a nasty sentry blocking the goal. I'm on top of the red roof.
I stickyjump towards a spot from where i can shoot the sentry. I notice a sniper heading towards my landing spot.
Fuck it, I think. I begin adjusting my strafe so I land next to the sniper. I pull out my pan.
I LAND A GODDAMN CRITICAL HIT ON THE FUCKING SNIPER BEFORE I EVEN LAND.
GET. FUKKEN. PANNED!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:55:27 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: August 20, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »

Caught three tarantulas in one night. Didn't see a single scorpion, which I was looking for, but hey, I have a pet tarantula in my secret basement now.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:41:53 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: August 20, 2015, 10:15:19 pm »

My squad leader set up a beacon on a cliff overlooking an enemy tower, and after ten minutes someone else set up a sundry. Playing as the light assault, I equipped two bricks of C4, a shotgun, and a drifter jetpack, and wrecked havoc on the defenders. Regularly got two kills on each run, at the least, in addition to each turret that I would blow up upon landing. After about twenty minutes they started having at least a modicum of situational awareness. After forty minutes, they actively started to hunt me down. Eventually I had to retreat after our sundry blew up, and I switched to doing bombing runs on tanks and sundrys in the nearby pass. Eventually we started to push them back, and my squad leader set up a second sundry at the same spot. At that point the defenders in the tower had time to prepare, and my first few forays into the tower were met with proximity mines and auto-turrets. At that point I started to adapt. I landed directly on top of the turrets, which worked for a while but soon theyu started to place mines on top of there. Then I landed on the overhang next to it, but they did the same thing. Then I started to land up on the ring by the top of the tower, which kind of worked better but still left me with the problem of clearing out the mines by the turrets. I then switched to attacking the enemies on the ground, blowing up two sundries and a lightning. At this point we had a full fledged team on top, with infiltrators taking out defenders and three engineers with turrets. Th enemy started to send out teams to hunt us down, and I switched to skirmishing with the attackers. I was able to sneak up on one sundry, but the moment I tried to detonate the explosives I received buckshot to the back of my head, leaving me with the animation of pressing the detonator but no boom.  I was able to blow up one lightning and a harasser, and a MAX was able to kill the Sundry, while the engineers blew up the aircraft that was harassing us. I switched back to attacking the tower, but with us distracted they were able to push back the rest of our force, and the tower was well on alert for my attacks. I was able to still somehow get four kills, but was eventually killed by a mine. I spawned back on the sundry, only to be immediately blitzed by several vehicles, and killed within seconds. The attack on the whole was a failure, but for once I had an actual positive K/D ratio, so I call that a win.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:43:51 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: August 20, 2015, 10:35:29 pm »

Game?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

blazing glory

« Reply #4779 on: August 20, 2015, 10:44:02 pm »

Sounds like Planetside 2, I haven't played it but that sort of sounds like it.

Fake edit:Yup, Steam storepage mentions both the Light Assault and the MAX as classes.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: August 22, 2015, 07:51:46 am »

Beat China in a war of attrition.

Taught them why you don't fight a land war in Russia. >:)

CKII
EUIV
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 01:31:58 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: August 22, 2015, 10:41:44 am »

CKII

are you using that asia mod?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: August 22, 2015, 01:31:37 pm »

CKII

are you using that asia mod?
Oops, meant EUIV
Transferred from CKII though
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: August 24, 2015, 09:19:29 am »

Lbx (little battlers eXperience)

After I realized that the reson I kept getting slaughtered in the final battle was that I had forgot to equip the pole arm weapon I had bought to replace my old one, I proceded to anilate

This also doubles as me getting owned becasue of the number of times I got beat before I figured it out.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: August 24, 2015, 10:01:24 am »

Annexed Texas, annexed Korea,

(O-o)

My trap fence actually caught an stag, proving its viability and worthiness to be worked on, when I had signed it off as a failed cause.

I don't know why, but the two trap fences I built, one being literally a single pit at a single tile corner at a bend in a lake, the other being one pit with some fences blocking another chokepoint, have captured nothing in the months since I've built them. Instead, randomly zooming in has caught me numerous stags and elks by comparison. I find driving them into the water, where their flailing about on shore tires them, is the easiest way to hunt. Just smack them in the face a couple of times with a club, then a spear to the throat, is enough for the best quality pelt in the season(summer, so decent).

The only other fence I built was one circling my house, since rabbits got into my turnips. I killed one, and it's meat is being smoked. I think another got carried off by an eagle owl or something. At least I hope it was, instead of something big enough to kill my sheep.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 709