Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333324 times)

Lossmar

• Bay Watcher
  • Humanity Fuck Yeah !!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4755 on: August 12, 2015, 03:15:04 pm »

Started multi planet start in Sol.
Earth Federation vs Martian Reich/Venus Union/Kissaki Syndicate based on Europa - 250 mil each, TN, shitload of minerals each vs my 500 conventional empire.
Despite truce countdown, each AI turned hostile in two years. They blew up my survey ships so i responded by building PDC with Interplanetary MIRV and launching 1 x 150 MIRV salvos against both Union and Reich .... 30 000 explosions later both Mars and Venus are devoid of any lifeforms, average temperature dropped by 150 degrees celcius and both planets have -150% penalty to industry.

I just killed more than 500 milion people in 5 seconds ... Feels good.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How to cure gaming industry in couple easy steps :
1. Stop preordering games.
2. Stop hyping games that have nothing to show except pre-rendered hype trailer.
3. Always distrust corporations.
4. Always rage at criminal DLC , microtransactions, pre-order bonuses and other semi legal practices.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: August 13, 2015, 01:57:50 pm »

Some fucker counterhacked me after I broke into one of his fileservers, he deleted my x-server and forcibly restarted my system. And sent me an email calling me a script kiddie who couldn't do shit without a UI. Lol k.
I booted back up in command line, went through logs to find his IP address, found that he didn't even revoke my admin privileges, copied his x-server.sys file and then trashed the computer.

Thought about following it up to find his actual computer but decided against it for now.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: August 13, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »

Just got that game on sale. Going to try it today.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: August 14, 2015, 04:55:14 am »

Thanks to a lucky combination of placement of SAM sites, an odd alien flight path, and blind chance on hit evasion, I shot down the first "Corrupter" class UFO to appear in the skies above Earth, a full year before the aliens usually start using them in serious numbers, way before my air combat tech usually allows such endeavours. Winning the ground combat was a challenge considering that the aliens that survived the craft were armed with pretty much the best the aliens can field (carbon nano-tube armour, particle beam based weapons, plasma blades...) but it was done with only 2 casualties on a challenging mission, which involved storming a high rise from the roof heli-pad. The implications of this are immense - basically jumping to the top of the tech tree waaaaaaay early (possibly as much as 18 months before the norm), allowing such things as snipers armed with antimatter coilgun rounds, power armour, interceptor and transport craft based on advanced alien tech, but most importantly, thanks to the capture of an intact alien plasma blade, is the development of encased plasma rounds that operate with traditional human weapons. These lil beauties are only supposed to be available in the last few months of the game as they are a counter to heavy alien armour, but here I am sending rookies into combat with them to tear through the alien hordes. Awesome.

This is a blank sig.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: August 15, 2015, 02:00:48 pm »

Started up with a new character, a Breton with custom Dark Mage class (main magic skills Destruction and Alteration, advantages 3x int in spell points, resistance to shock, immunity to paralysis, rapid healing and only disadvantage is being unable to use magic in daylight - this kept leveling difficulty low, while still having good bonuses). As starting spells I've got Shock, Slowfall and Chameleon. Knowing the layout of Privateers Hold (starting dungeon), and combining ebony dagger with shock I quickly cleared the whole dungeon of enemies and loot, and also advanced to 2nd level. Then I moved to Wildertown, one of the bigger cities, sold the loot and signed up for mages guild. As a first quest, I had to enter The House of Vladingus dungeon, and kill crazed mage Belladayne Gaerslay. Travelling by daytime, I had no mana, and entering the dungeon I had no place to rest and regenerate it - the whole dungeon was swarming with rats, bats and nightblades. Wandering the dark corridors I occasionally heard screams of skeletons from the upper levels of dungeon. After a good while of wandering, I reached the mage and slain it with my ebony dagger, which I used to clear most of the dungeon due to lack of mana. Then I ran to the exit, and checked the loot - some armors took from nightblades, lots of books, ingredients, holy tomes and holy daggers, an enchanted talisman with open spell - wih lots of dunegons having locked doors it's a mana and weapon (no need to bash when everything else fails) saver, and some clothes. The loot was worth over 4k, though merchants lowered it down to 2k. I kept the talisman, and as a quest reward I've got steel gauntlets with Feet of Notorgo spell (fortify speed), which I kept with me too. Dungeon crawling well done.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4760 on: August 15, 2015, 04:26:53 pm »

Some fucker counterhacked me after I broke into one of his fileservers, he deleted my x-server and forcibly restarted my system. And sent me an email calling me a script kiddie who couldn't do shit without a UI. Lol k.
I booted back up in command line, went through logs to find his IP address, found that he didn't even revoke my admin privileges, copied his x-server.sys file and then trashed the computer.

Thought about following it up to find his actual computer but decided against it for now.

Neat. Sounds like Uplink+ with how it plays. Just from this little scuffle, I'm ignoring the negative reviews. I mean, Uplink would end with being disavowed, but this has a better dynamic that allows fighting back.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: August 15, 2015, 09:30:41 pm »

First launched mission of the game landed safely on the VAB, this can only mean good things for my GRAND CAMPAIGN!

KSP
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: August 16, 2015, 04:06:50 pm »

Neat. Sounds like Uplink+ with how it plays. Just from this little scuffle, I'm ignoring the negative reviews. I mean, Uplink would end with being disavowed, but this has a better dynamic that allows fighting back.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: August 16, 2015, 05:06:34 pm »

Just had an absolutely ridiculous run on Binding of Issac as Cain. It started out fairly meh, the first floor treasure being a Dry Baby familiar which blocks enemy projectiles and occasionally fires off a room-wide AoE attack. But since it can be difficult to position the familiar without getting hit by the projectile you're trying to block, it's mostly useful for tanking the occasional hit.

Second floor, I got the Midas Touch. Turns enemies into gold on contact and deals a decent amount of damage. Also bought the Magic Fingers (uses coins to deal AoE damage).

Third floor, I found something awesome: The Gnawed Leaf. With this, if you remain stationary for a few seconds and don't shoot, you turn into an invincible statue.

So let's review: I can turn into a statue pretty much at will. Enemies that touch me will be turned to gold and take damage/die. If they shoot at me, they can hit the Dry Baby and possibly deal massive damage to everything in the room. And if I encounter anything this tactic doesn't work for (laser-beam spiders, for instance) or get bored, I can spend some of the coins earned from Midas-Touched enemies to deal damage whenever I want. I barely ever fired my tears unless it was to put fires out or something.

Mom was wrecked. It Lives was wrecked. Satan didn't deal a single point of damage. And I unlocked the Negative. All in all, my best Cain run ever.

Binding of Issac: Rebirth
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: August 17, 2015, 11:03:09 am »

Admittedly, I thought I lost more vehicles than I did:
PzKpfw-35(t): 4 - armored car
PzKpfw-IIc:   5 +1 that was abandoned - light tank
SdKfz 251/HT: 8 - halftrack

Isn't PzKpfw-35(t) a czech tank and not an armored car :P
And how in the hell did you manage to fight that big battle? I get bored like half way if there are more than 1-2 companies per side, oh and do you use fast artillery?

You're quite right, it is a Czech tank. I don't know why I thought it was an armored car.

And I managed to fight it by playing over most of the week.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: August 18, 2015, 08:23:34 pm »

I used the name oooooooooo, used only the letter o, punctuation, and the occasional smiley emoticon and won as SK against 5 mafia and 7 town.

Town of Salem. (Admittedly, this was on All Any, but it was still silly.)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: August 18, 2015, 08:28:35 pm »

On my third playthrough, first on the classic setting. I've heard that most people reload saves when anyone dies, but didn't want to do that so I prepared myself to lose people. I'd lost people almost every map on my first, Casual playthrough.

It turns out that when I actually use healers, tactics, and the weapon triangle, I can get through missions without anyone dying pretty easily.

Fire Emblem: Awakening. You know, if you're just going to reload the save whenever someone dies, why not just go on Casual?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: August 18, 2015, 10:51:48 pm »

Simple, really. You touched on it yourself: On Casual you can't lose people; even if someone goes down they're back at the end of the map. Tactics don't matter, really.

On Classic, folks die for good. You need to play smart. If someone dies you can either push on, or refuse to accept your failure and try again. In the process you get better at playing the game because you learn how to identify potential dangers ahead of time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: August 18, 2015, 11:47:32 pm »

Decided to try my new tank out, since I was fortunate enough to win it. It was absolutely ungodly.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: August 19, 2015, 12:26:03 am »

Decided to try my new tank out, since I was fortunate enough to win it. It was absolutely ungodly.

What tank?!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 711