Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333323 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4785 on: August 25, 2015, 06:47:31 pm »

Observed and then enacted a method of letting Aloser come to me and thus negating her home field advantage and her stupid chokepoints (even if I couldn't stop her team from shooting one after another) and mamaged to take zero casualties because canopus is the toughest SOB in the party.

Tactics ogre, Lawful route.

Learned and then successfully used a flamethrower in combination with a chaingun to create my own little chaingunner landmines. :D

Brutal Doom

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: August 25, 2015, 07:14:38 pm »

Learned and then successfully used a flamethrower in combination with a chaingun to create my own little chaingunner landmines. :D

Brutal Doom

What? Like, light chaingunner dudes on fire and then shoot them into other dudes with the chaingun?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: August 25, 2015, 09:03:36 pm »

Annexed Texas, annexed Korea,

(O-o)
It might seems weird, but Korea is one of the best coal producing region in Vicky2 and easiest to get, since they're uncivilized (behind China's but it's harder to get). And coal is really important. Texas is just a natural expansion for a Mexico game. The hardest part is fending off the USA while doing it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: August 25, 2015, 09:21:24 pm »

Brutal Doom

What? Like, light chaingunner dudes on fire and then shoot them into other dudes with the chaingun?

When they burn they seem to not die, occupying space where their charred immoveable corpse is.  hitting them for damage sets them aflame, and its possible to get cruelty bonuses for overkill nongib damage.

Maybe a bug, but useful to mow down large groups of them into a tight area and set aflame. 

I occassionally kick them or hit them on accident with damaging results
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: August 27, 2015, 06:00:07 pm »

Not a death, but it's quite galling to gain reputation with one of the AI players for lagging behind, when it's the no-talent bard that's patronizing you.

A few hours later, ramped up quickly to snooty Noblemen, quickly(and mostly :-\) rebalanced my economy, now I'm gaining reputation with Leif for being more powerful than him. Can't wait until I roll out the two warships I seem to be limited to(the rest of my navy limit is tradeships for the economy) in order to blockade his main port.

I also got the acheivement for building a Major City(950 of those snooty bastards) without using automatic trade routes - ie, balancing multiple islands' worth of resource chains manually.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: August 27, 2015, 07:04:32 pm »

S Ranked Bladewolf on my first try. Ffffuck yeah.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:05:02 am by KingofstarrySkies »
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: August 27, 2015, 08:55:02 pm »

In August of 1914, the guns of war began to sound.  In response to the Austrian declaration of war against Serbia, Russian forces mobilized and entered Austrian Galicia in an attempt to secure trans-Carpathian passes.  In response to the failure of the Russian government to stand down, Germany declared war on not only Russia, but their French allies in an attempt to secure a decapitation strike before the latter could prepare.  In response to this, prepared Russian forces entered Prussia and Prussian Poland, even as France and the United Kingdom moved into Belgium to secure that state's independence.  As German force bogged down in Brussels, Russian forces pinned down German reinforcements to the rapidly-collapsing Austrian nation in Silesia and Slovakia, having secured Romanian support to the Serbian state with the promise of Hungarian Transylvania and a decisive demonstration of the Hungarian weakness at Presov, then brought their primary hammer down, aiming across the frozen Oder at the heart of Germany.  At 13:00 GMT of January 30, 1915, Russian forces under the command of von Val and Ruzsky triumphantly entered Berlin, missing the Kaiser's departure to Essen by a matter of hours.  The German government initially vowed to fight on, demonstrating the new nature of the industrial war as they pinned their hopes on the armies of Silesia, but it would be a mortal wound from which they would not easily recover as the Russian army took free reign in central Germany.  The failure of the German armies at Oppelin and Katowice, combined with Russian cavalry ranging into Hamburg and main army groups approaching Hanover, finally compelled the German Kaiser to see reason, and on March 4, the Chancellor was instructed to seek an armistice.  Bereft of aid, Austria was compelled to surrender three days later, and Bulgaria on March 11.  For the cost of 1.6 million German casualties (both killed and wounded), 1.1 million Russians, almost half a million Austro-Hungarians, and another half-million from the Western Entente, honor had been preserved, and a new European order was to come.

...I'm feeling this mod might have the same "overpowered Russia" problem that seems to follow so many WW1 games.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: August 27, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »

Not a straight example of "owning", but it was certainly awesome.

The other day I was playing Aura Kingdom and started to do some fishing while I was waiting for friends.
The moment I throw the line my vlc player decides to start Nightwishs Moondance. The exact moment, I kid you not, that the song starts gaining momentum a fish bit and I started reeling it in.

Most glorious battle against a cod in the history of mankind.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: August 28, 2015, 12:51:11 am »

Melta > 'Ard Boyz
Melta > Grimskul
Melta > Bloodletters
Melta > Chaos Marines
Melta > Chosen Champions

And I'm sure that if the final boss weren't a QTE, it would have been proven that melta > Nemeroth.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: August 28, 2015, 01:56:02 am »

Ahhh, Zone 2 of Crypt Of The Necrodancer completed!
Dear god it feels to satisfying to watch the replay on max speed.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: August 28, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »

I was playing in survival mode, I had around 2300 or so kills, and I'm down to my last bit of health, as the golden sword slowly drifts down to my outstretched hand and the epic music begins playing, I realize that this is the end, I look down to see how many kills are left before the next heal, sixty-nine, sixty-nine kills till the next heal, it is at this time I realize that whatever great entity that is or isn't out there was smiling down upon me. I manage to not die instantly and I get closer and closer to healing, my heart beats rapidly and I wonder if I'll make it, not only did I survive long  enough to get the heal I manged to make it to yet another heal and in the end I reached a total of 2650 kills.

Sometimes I really love this game.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 06:01:41 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: August 29, 2015, 06:29:15 pm »

I just got up to the 'Smough and Ornstein' boss fight and I just killed them in one go (and this was after fighting senpai boss in the painted world)...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: August 29, 2015, 07:24:38 pm »

Finally got Nah. Took me ages, because god DAMN Manor Of Lost Souls is bullshit.

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: August 29, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »

Finally got Nah. Took me ages, because god DAMN Manor Of Lost Souls is bullshit.

((you had trouble with that paralogue? why?.....oh and who Is her father? have you reclosed her mother?))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: August 29, 2015, 08:34:39 pm »

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 711