Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567042 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4305 on: December 20, 2017, 10:23:46 pm »

Victory !
After grinding some more and fetching a Platina Bell additional ally with my Domination spell (it was named Silver Bell in regular Elona) and giving it some nice ranged weaponry to go along the Golden Bell amazing crossbow , i used my buffing spells, Cheers ability and Return scroll to get back to my "elec Dragon" nemesis.

The fight was harder, for the Dragon, my ally weren't going down and it was starting to take serious damage, unfortunately the Platina Bell went down but all my other squad members still fought and finally we destroyed the beast.

It was as hard as the Vesda the Fire Dragon fight (boss of the non random dungeon "Dragon Nest" near Derphy) by the time i went there , i guess considering how weaker every enemy was on that Lesimas floor, this was one of those rare boosted enemy (the normal monsters that have much more health and nearly always leave their figurine and card behind along several items when killed).

Funnily it was my Golden Bell that delivered the killing shot

Good to have the figuring coming too, now let's resume the Lesimas cleaning, Zeome is only a dozen floors after that, hopefully this time i'll beat him without having to hire a backup like i did in old Elona a few years ago.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: December 20, 2017, 10:59:22 pm »

I've never actually manipulated any genes ever. I keep putting it off. I'm worried that it's going to add a wrong limb to one of my main allies and they will be screwed.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: December 21, 2017, 12:19:51 am »

I've never actually manipulated any genes ever. I keep putting it off. I'm worried that it's going to add a wrong limb to one of my main allies and they will be screwed.
Just make sure to check the donor tables/donor limb counts. In most circumstances if the donor has the same number of a type of body part as the recipient, no new ones will be added-i.e. if you graft a normal human onto another one, no new limbs. Limb growth comes when the donor has more parts (i.e. putting an asura or horse into a human) or the recipient has fewer (i.e. putting almost anything into a bell).

The only penalties I'm aware of are for having >2 legs through gene engineering or for having >13 body parts in total. As long as you stay away from melding things with >2 legs into ones with 2 or fewer and don't go super crazy slapping things with lots of a single type of body part.

If you're playing on E+C and genuinely worried, there's a menu option to turn on savescum quickloading with F2, nothing wrong with having a safety net while you figure out how the system works. If all you're doing is buying slaves and melting them down to boost up your allies I can't think of anything bad apart from buying slaves that won't give anything because you don't know what they give yet... and they're 1-2k gold a pop, so that's hardly awful.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: December 21, 2017, 07:52:24 pm »

It's been 4 years since last time i went all the way to the boss in Elona

But in Elona+ he's not the final goal, only the end of the 1st chapter as Elona+ added much more after him.
Still, my character was ready, i just transformed the little girl ally into a valkyrie after using a recently looted evolution heart on her, and then it was time my character faced him again, the Elona last boss, Zeome !

And here we go old friend , remember last time we defeated you ?

Ready, go !

There i was really surprised as it's been only a few turn and despite he's healing himself nearly every turn as it was the case several years ago, he's going down faster than i remembered

My Valkyrie ally was the one dealing the killing strike, as she was there since the very beginning, it's nice the honor went to her.

Overall i was really surprised but how incredibly fast and easy my squad destroyed him without any problems, i guess 4 years ago my squad was either underleveled for that fight or Elona+ toned him down, but still after an elemental scar +  debuff, he went down incredibly faster than the "elec Dragon" i was mentionning a few posts ago, i didn't even lost a single teammate , even both bells survived the fight !

Anyways, the south is now available for that 2nd chapter, time to see how they developped it as it's been years i haven't been there but i must say the story that Elona Custom re-added (as the english version of Elona had it removed) was rather disapointing, at first it was promising as it was told regularly along your actions and involved some bastard manipulating everyone, but in the end it wasn't much indepth and rather basic.

But what was the most disapointing is that you don't even meet most of the cast of that story in the world, out of 3 or 4 characters, despite the event happen at the same time of whatever you're doing in places you're visiting.
Even the main antagonist of the story or his lackey are nowhere to be found in the game and Zeome isn't even as important as i thought to the story (in the end he was just a guy left there to guard the book you're after).

At least the game is still fun.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: December 22, 2017, 11:04:07 am »

Noticed that this thread had resurfaced from the depths of the forum earlier this week. So anyways dl'd 1.73 then, just haven't got around to playing yet.

Congrats on your Zeome kill, and those lil girls are surprisingly strong pets. Mine was getting pretty dang beastly and was tackling stuff in act 2 with surprising ease as well before I eventually quit. As for Zeome himself, I don't think E+ weakened him any, it's just that the player gets far more powerful far quicker than before.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: December 22, 2017, 10:16:51 pm »

As for Zeome himself, I don't think E+ weakened him any, it's just that the player gets far more powerful far quicker than before.

That could be it, i remember in original Elona on the character that i had beaten Zeome with, i had to do an absurd amount of grinding on some offensive spells to have them strong enough to even hurt some of the monsters in lower depths of Lesimas.
And despite those absurd amount of grinding, only those very few spells i had grinded had actual power then, the other spells were underleveled and so completely useless and would have required similar absurd amount of grinding to get them usable vs higher level monsters.

While in Elona+ since you can train spells by batch with enough platinium you can get a rather powerful arsenal of massive Zeome annihilation by the time you think you're ready for him :D
Much more fun this way as you're not forced to use the same spells and can do some variation as all of them can then be leveled roughly for your current needs, and with the higher leveled monsters you get from Elona+ 2nd chapter , that's not even too much power as you'll have to still deal with strong resilient enemies anyways.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:18:27 pm by Robsoie »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: December 23, 2017, 08:43:57 am »

Since I'm kinda doing this Claymore as a no buff/attack magic challenge for as long as I can, the "You prefer to work alone" feat is really coming in handy... but I'm visualizing it as basically the weebiest shit ever whenever I run into something that can kill my allies. "Just run away for now, I'll have to go all-out." *snrk*

217 speed without magic/consumable buffs at lv32 is really nice, though.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: December 24, 2017, 02:51:48 pm »

What's the best way to identify things such as potions and scrolls? All the wiki seems to say on the subject is that the Sense Quality skill doesn't do a thing for them.

In other news, wow I found what seems like a great shield. A "blessed ocean small shield <Neutral Immortality>". It's made of coral, raises DV by 2 and PV by 4, "maintains" Charisma and Dexterity, improves Axe skill (##), grants resistance to lightning (##), and increases Strength by 2. I'm a level 2 character just going through Puppy Cave.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 03:17:07 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: December 24, 2017, 03:57:24 pm »

What's the best way to identify things such as potions and scrolls? All the wiki seems to say on the subject is that the Sense Quality skill doesn't do a thing for them.

In other news, wow I found what seems like a great shield. A "blessed ocean small shield <Neutral Immortality>". It's made of coral, raises DV by 2 and PV by 4, "maintains" Charisma and Dexterity, improves Axe skill (##), grants resistance to lightning (##), and increases Strength by 2. I'm a level 2 character just going through Puppy Cave.

That was... pretty lucky. I keep finding the same <unknown shell>, found it 5 times. I had to buy the rest of my stuff, making most of my profit off of scrolls of oricle. I get like 5 if i run thru the puppy cave.

Also, just walk around, they'll identify automatically.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: December 24, 2017, 04:14:54 pm »

Visit the wizard in any town and pay the ~1000 - ~10,000 gold to identify everything in your inventory (or identify a specific item for less). It would be the most convenient method, although a brand new character wouldn't necessarily be able to afford the expense. On the other hand, certain types of items (body parts like eyes) sell for only 1g until they are identified at least once, then you won't need to do so in the future in order to sell them for their normal price (but unidentified parts will still increase the cost to identify your inventory, even if there is no benefit in doing so as these items are never cursed or blessed).

I recall a recent upcoming patch note (in the notes from a few months ago) indicated that Sense Quality was going to help determine the status of non-equipment, but I don't know if I misread the note or if it's been implemented yet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: December 24, 2017, 05:23:57 pm »

Wait, what version are you on that you're paying thousands of gold to have items identified? Identify All rarely runs over 200g for me, and is next to nothing if I've walked around and passively identified most of it. Oh, and Sense Quality has identified non-equipment items since v1.71.

That was... pretty lucky. I keep finding the same <unknown shell>, found it 5 times. I had to buy the rest of my stuff, making most of my profit off of scrolls of oricle. I get like 5 if i run thru the puppy cave.

Also, just walk around, they'll identify automatically.
Identify those with the shopkeeper. Static artifact dupes in E+ turn into stardust, a consumable that you use to upgrade artifacts to +15 (as +10 is the cap for blacksmiths).

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: December 24, 2017, 07:06:27 pm »

Is there any particular trick in dealing with Hungry Demons? I'm a gunner with decent skill and a submachine gun, yet these jerks can dance around my shots, touch me once or twice, and kill me even when Bloated. They, along with Kobolds, are probably the cause of most of my deaths. Thank the gods Elona isn't perma-death.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: December 24, 2017, 07:36:54 pm »

Is there any particular trick in dealing with Hungry Demons? I'm a gunner with decent skill and a submachine gun, yet these jerks can dance around my shots, touch me once or twice, and kill me even when Bloated. They, along with Kobolds, are probably the cause of most of my deaths. Thank the gods Elona isn't perma-death.

They're dodgy little jerks, if you aren't using heavy armor or a Medium Armor + Shield equipment loadout, try branching out into magic.

Hungry Demons don't have a lot of hitpoints, so even a low level Magic Dart will take it out in a few hits. Magic never misses, after all. Or use Rods. Magic Device doesn't need an entire set of skills to get started with, and you'll eventually get the Draw Charge/Fill Charge abilities to let you keep your favorite rods topped off (and gives a use to the less useful rods as well). Other than that... I think there is a few tricks you can pull out against hyper-evasive enemies; but none come to mind just yet.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: December 24, 2017, 08:01:54 pm »

Wait, what version are you on that you're paying thousands of gold to have items identified? Identify All rarely runs over 200g for me, and is next to nothing if I've walked around and passively identified most of it. Oh, and Sense Quality has identified non-equipment items since v1.71.

My memory is a few months out of date so maybe prices changed. I was also estimating based on very, very early game, where every book, scroll, potion, junk item, and equipment are completely unidentified from your first two or three puppy runs. I'm sure I've seen ID all run upwards of that high.

Remember we're talking <level 10, <5 even. Sense Quality won't be high enough to fully ID every equipment (although generally you probably don't want to loot junk equipment anyway - only if you've got a shop, which you won't have that early), and even if you IDed the bonuses but the blessed/normal/cursed status, it will add to the ID All cost.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: December 24, 2017, 09:46:02 pm »

Elona had really high prices to identify anything, but Elona+ fortunately lowered those prices a lot so you don't need to grind that much money to identify items in batch.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 291