Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567106 times)

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4230 on: November 19, 2016, 10:08:14 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:11:55 pm by Bronimin »

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: January 06, 2017, 04:37:43 pm »

Hey which version of Elona+ is the stable one? I recently tried 1.63, and I was confused discontinuity of translation of the game, like when I stumbled across some NPCs, not very distant from the place where you first appear, who kept telling me something like 'This sentence is not translated yet' instead of proper dialogue lines. Is it a bug or the actual state of the translation is really as depressing as I observed?

Also, could someone enlighten me on where I should start from, which class and race I should choose etc, in order to get better acquainted with the essence of the game, learn the basics (I mean not necessarily controls or UI navigation) etc?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:48:56 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: January 06, 2017, 05:04:44 pm »

Elona+ does not have much translation, but it was never that important. But there is the elona+ custom mod with some additional features and a lot more translated(dunno if all is translated yet)

Depending if you play for the short run or if you intend to play for eternity, The things that matters most would just be the special traits of the race and skill of the class.
Pick one of the human-ish races, a melee class, maybe claymore and fumble around for a while, looking at the wiki occasionally.
Elona is a lot about cheesing the system but for your first char you should probably just run around for a while trying stuff, raise your relation with a pet and then "make a gene"(offspring) and start a new char from the child, getting some of the stuff from the previous char.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: October 20, 2017, 09:20:34 am »

Well I decided to start playing this again and am going with a heavy armor two handed Golem. I then learned how much of a pain low speed is. I was thinking about offsetting this problem with riding but I can't for the life of me figure out how the riding formula on the wiki works. Someone please explain it to me, it looks like the horse having higher strength is actually a detriment?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: October 20, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »

No, higher strength is a good thing. If your mount's speed is too high compared to its strength and your riding skill, they'll get a penalty which scales with the difference.

Consider the bog-standard wild horse. 24 str, 145 spd; and say you have a riding of 10.

Speed = MountSpeed * 100 / limit(100 + MountSpeed - MountStrength * 1.5 - PlayerRidingSkill * 2 - 50 * cHorseBit (which I believe is 1 for a horse)

Speed = 145 * 100 / (100 + 145 - (24 * 1.5) - (10* 2) - (50 * 1)

Speed = 14500 / 245 - 36 - 20 - 50

Speed = 14500 / 139

Speed = ~104

If the horse had say, 30 strength:

Speed = 14500 / 245 - 45 - 20 - 50

Speed = 14500/130

Speed = ~111

Note that the maximum speed from riding is 100% of your pet's speed, so you'll never go higher than 145 without boosting your pets speed.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: October 20, 2017, 02:47:53 pm »

Ah ok I missed a division symbol. Thank you.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: November 05, 2017, 12:49:36 pm »

So from the craps of info I could grab, this item in the embassy called a tax certificate for 1.2 million will make me not have to pay the next 1.2 million in taxes, and it only costs 2400??? That seems a bit too good to be true.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: November 05, 2017, 01:16:39 pm »

You pay the money when you deposit it in the tax box; just like regular bills.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: November 05, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

It's mostly a convenience thing. Especially if you're adventuring far from home and Palmia, you might not want (or be able to) drop everything you're doing and go grab your bill and bring it to the tax box. Honestly, by the time you have 1.2 million coins to spend, you're probably rather unconcerned with the tiny 2400 the tax certificate costs.
Nothing important here, move along.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: December 07, 2017, 01:19:08 pm »

Its been a long time i didnt play this game, about the same time that roguelike mech game was around i think? gear something?

Anyway, i forgot if when you have a shop you have to drop one item per tile of you can just drop everything in the same pile and be done with it....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: December 07, 2017, 01:42:06 pm »

For those interested, Elona+ is currently at version 1.73
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:27245

you can find the changelogs there :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Changelog_%28Elona%2B%29

The Elona+Custom mod (that re-add and translate the truckload of content that was removed in english Elona) is available for this version 1.73 here :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:25014

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: December 07, 2017, 01:59:29 pm »

I haven been on Elona since 2015, I barely managed to clear the first level dungeon (I think it was a elf mage with a gun that did it), what has changed since then?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: December 07, 2017, 09:04:00 pm »

I haven been on Elona since 2015, I barely managed to clear the first level dungeon (I think it was a elf mage with a gun that did it), what has changed since then?
Too much to count, but most of it is beyond the first dungeon, although I guess the main thing with elona+ is mages are viable from the start.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:06:59 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: December 07, 2017, 09:36:31 pm »

...Mages weren't viable from the start?

Hmm. I think I wasn't much of a mage since I used prostitution to obtain my right to exercise my fourth amendment rights in the form of a gat rather than actually doing any prissy mage stuff.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: December 07, 2017, 09:40:59 pm »

Its been a long time i didnt play this game, about the same time that roguelike mech game was around i think? gear something?

Anyway, i forgot if when you have a shop you have to drop one item per tile of you can just drop everything in the same pile and be done with it....

Might just be Elona+, but the last time I checked, you could.
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 291