Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567118 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4065 on: December 24, 2014, 12:25:35 pm »

RE the Ancient Books - you tend to just find a bunch as you go through dungeons.

I finished Act 1/North Tyrsis recently with a Claymore build. Finding it difficult to find motivation to continue into the South Tyrsis part though. The lack of/poor translation and general feel of it just seem kinda arbitrary, and it makes the game feel more grindy.

Still, at least I finally beat Zeome. Or rather, my pets Isca, Slicey the Varuna, Goda, and a whole bunch of god pets (shout-out to the Exile, who I got late but is competing very well now that he has decent gear) did most of the work, but I supervised.

it is grindy. the translations are on the elona+ wiki. there are some devoted fans. the new continents are not real interesting. towns are similiar to what is there before. it is grindy... however, late game can be fun. there is an endless dungeon that scales and there is an item called 'wake up nefia' that causes all monsters to be the same level as the dungeon. one of my favorite late game things to do is to get the sword 'ragnarok' and go to a hard dungeon. the drops scale to the dungeon level, but the dragon spawns don't. the info on this is on the wiki.

it is a grindy type game. so the late game is more for the neurotic types. they are actively developing it and adding more features. so you may want to check back in 6-8 months to see what was added. there is a forum post for all changes and people discuss them.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: March 17, 2015, 04:22:22 pm »

My favourite timewaster has received an update!
    A sub-quest for the 3rd part of the main story has been implemented (Nein).
    The available number of custom portraits has been increased to 40.
    (Note: I'm unsure on this one. I think it makes the astral light pen easier to use.)
    Added a feat that increases speed by 20% when acting on your own (no pets or friendly NPCs on the same map with you).
    The success rate of forced sleep sharing will now be affected by the current HP of the companion.
    Added higher-level NPC additions to the lich, rock, wisp, and spirit races. 4 evolution patterns.
    Added three fixed artifacts.
    Aloe, Kuwapana, and Guava are now considered fruit during synthesis.
    Item color will now be reflected in throwing animations.
    Organization of the level-up choices for Living Weapons has been changed.
        The skill choice now includes all skills except for weapon skills, and is broken into 4 categories.
        See the level-up dialogue for more details on how the categories break down.
    The strength of "of night" ego (suffix) equipment has been raised, and will no longer overlap with the generation of "of lightning" or "of fire" ego equipment.
    Karma will no longer be lost when summoned undead die from friendly attacks.
    If the conditions are met, summoned undead will automatically deploy on the global map.
    Summoned undead will not "catch" and cause karma hits to the PC when stealing.
    Occasionally animals that produce better meat or better milk will be born.
        This trait is easy to pass along by making the trait holder the breeder. It can also be strengthened this way.
        When moving to a new "generation", thinning out the number of NPCs on the ranch or moving to a more sparsely populated ranch might help the generation of better NPCs.
        The "quality" of a ranched NPC will be made known when brushing them.
    The breeder and pets on the ranch can now be moved about with the house board.
        Since animal products can only be generated in the central enclosure, putting ranched NPCs in the hut, for instance, can make things easier to manage.
    You can now instruct companions to be "patient" with items at their feet.
        This will alter the companion's probability of picking up items or consuming items at their feet, based on master/servant relationship (separate from friendship).
        If a companion picks up food from the ground and attempts to eat it, moving onto their location and stopping them will cause the the master/servant relationship to rise. When not prevented, the master/servant relationship will drop.
        Aphrodisiac will cause the master/servant relationship to rise slightly. Cursed aphrodisiac will cause it to lower.
        Dialogue will change with each degree of the master/servant relationship.
    Riding skill experience gain is now focused on turns spent riding rather than physical attacks while riding.
        Riding partner will also receive experience. When giving a lift, the partner will gain double experience. (Note: I'm unsure if that refers to you allowing a pet to ride you or vice versa).
    The special action "Directive" can now be used to give instructions to multiple companions at the same time. However, a turn will be consumed when finished.

[Fixes]

Fixed summoned undead being made aggressive when entering a map that caused all NPCs to be hostile (such as guild maps).
    Fixed how some magic worked in regards to summoned undead.
    Fixed higher-quality meat gains on non bred NPCs.
    Fixed the 1.42 enchantments not only being generated on the types of gear they were supposed to be.
    Fixed an issue where turns were being consumed by special actions that weren't supposed to consume a turn.
    Made some fixes when evolving snails and penguins.
    Fixed an issue where both members of a tag-team might not receive benefits of a picnic basket.
    Took measures to prevent the werewolf events from happening outside of towns.
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

Shiramizu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: June 02, 2015, 01:42:59 am »

Long time no see Elona players.
Finally back to playing Elona. Propably no one remembers me, but I sort of promised a full translation of chapter 2 a while (#akhem#) ago and never really finished it.
So sorry about that and as good news I can say I finally finished chapter 2 and have all of my translation notes with me that just need a couple of hours to clean up (for better comprehension).
Just wanted to ask if anyone finished translating chapter 2 yet?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: June 02, 2015, 01:56:29 am »

I think the wiki has someone doing some great translation work, AnnaBanana, who's gotten all the main story from chapter 1 transcribed and translated. He/She also usually does E+ changelogs, and I think they've already done the few playable chapter 3 stuff. It didn't look like they'd touched chapter 2 (aside from the intermission/coda thing at the very end of chapter 1, the 3-year timeskip's narration) last time I checked... but that was a long time ago.

In any case, more translation would certainly be welcomed. Elona doesn't really have a big following, so we should share what we have whenever we can.

I should probably play this a bit more often, actually.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:40 am »

Long time no see Elona players.
Finally back to playing Elona. Propably no one remembers me, but I sort of promised a full translation of chapter 2 a while (#akhem#) ago and never really finished it.
So sorry about that and as good news I can say I finally finished chapter 2 and have all of my translation notes with me that just need a couple of hours to clean up (for better comprehension).
Just wanted to ask if anyone finished translating chapter 2 yet?

That's awesome. Now I'll be able to tell what's going on.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: June 02, 2015, 10:36:59 am »

Elona doesn't really have a big following, so we should share what we have whenever we can.

I suspect that Elona might have a bigger following than you might think, the problem is that the community is so fragmented (across versions, across places on the web, and across languages). I'll frequently run across people who play Elona and assume that the 10-20 players in their community are pretty much the last bastion of Elona players out there.

Not sure if there's a solution to that, though. It would be nice to have a more centralized one-stop shop for Elona (the wiki REALLY doesn't cut it), but there's never been much of a will for that.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: June 03, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »

My deck disappeared when I died in Elona+. Is this suppose to happen and is my deck saved somewhere (if I get another deck item will my deck be saved?

I know it's not implemented but I like my collection.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: June 09, 2015, 07:08:41 pm »

Ok, yet another question that I hope someone has an answer to.

Can I make one of my allies a ranged unit? I have a cat girl sister and she has insane speed, so making her an archer seems like a logical choice, but I don't know how to. I am using Elona+

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 09, 2015, 07:15:49 pm »

The npc that you sell your AP to for skills has some options for ai adjustment of your pets. One of those options if I recall was making them stay back and use ranged more. Thing is... you have to complete chapter 1 of elona before the npc will start selling his services.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 09, 2015, 08:27:34 pm »

Non-cheat choices:

Capture a quickling, IIRC they're range based and have insane insane speeds.
or do the AP thing. It needs you to complete Ch. 1 of Elona+ and go to South Tyris, to find [<Leold>] somewhere, where he will start selling his services.

Cheat choice:

If Elosnack still works you can change its attack flags to another flag, let's say ranged attacks. I think the attack bits can be found here, look up "Spreadsheet of values used"

http://www.reddit.com/r/Elona/comments/2az3o6/this_new_e_takes_a_lot_of_getting_used_to/
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: June 10, 2015, 06:50:24 am »

Damn, I'll just suck it up and make her a dual wielder.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: June 10, 2015, 03:48:45 pm »

High speed helps melee pets just as well. Though you'll probably want to give her as much rubynus gear as you can to shore up her poor life stat a bit. I think she also has a decent evolution that gives her a healthy chunk of life.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: June 10, 2015, 11:43:15 pm »

High speed helps melee pets just as well. Though you'll probably want to give her as much rubynus gear as you can to shore up her poor life stat a bit. I think she also has a decent evolution that gives her a healthy chunk of life.
Yes but the other evolution gives her EVEN MORE SPEED.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: June 11, 2015, 06:55:52 am »

That is the choice you have to make and what helps to keeps things interesting. Which stat do you think is harder to raise naturally or rather which "heart" item is harder for you to get your hands on. Personally I find life a bit harder to raise than speed, and considering you'll be making her melee, the extra life will probably help her more. You could just use rubynus to get her through ch1 and then shift her ai to range at which point the massive speed boost could be a better option. All up to you, and how you personally like to play.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: June 11, 2015, 05:00:04 pm »

Well frankly I don't give a damn about min maxing this. I simply want a very fast archer ally who is also a cat girl. I figure by the time I get the heart I need I will be able to get to the guy who can change the combat AI.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 291