Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567059 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3840 on: August 16, 2014, 08:30:52 pm »

Elona+ 1.38R. (didn't link axfcuploader one because of potential ad content)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:32 pm »

Danke.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: August 17, 2014, 11:24:54 am »

responding to pets question and riding:

1. Riding: you take on the speed of your mount. Its a percentage of it based on your riding skill and if the mount is strong enough to carry your weight. So until riding is high enough you will be slower. You have to fight while mounted(magic doesn't work) to train riding. See wiki for best mounts. Don't use riding until you get a kaneda bike. Also, buff spells/heal spells buff and heal your mount. However, if you have a pet making breakfast, they dont get breakfast. so dismount before sleeping.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Riding

2. Pets: get bells. give them machine guns. Platina/Gold bells. they are level 1. There is a post at the bottom suggesting Gen Engineering for Bells to give skills. Best way to level pets is with Gen Engineering.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Recommended_pets

Best way to get Bells: Get Small medals and buy rod of domination from Girak (buying that little girl book is a waste). Here is a link to easy small medals:
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Small_medal

You also get them from finishing dungeons

To find Bells:
-- go to puppy cave and stay on stairs
-- get rods of summon monster or summon monster spell. Bells are common summons when you are lower level. You tend to summon harder monsters as you level. Go up stairs if summons are too hard.
-- press 'l' then you can get a letter over each monster and can target. Use rod of domination. They are level 1 so easy to dominate.
-- arm with machine gun/bullet. Give them any rubynus type weapon/armor you can find. This gives 3 life. Bells only get 1 life. So this is important. Bells have damage resistance that levels as you level them. You wont find rubynus stuff early. I generally go pretty much all bells. I have 12 bells , 1 murder knight, 1 giraffe (mount) and mow through stuff. Adding a bunch of bells is a game changer.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: August 17, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »

other benefits to lots of bells as pets
1. more pets = more wishes. you get a wish from drinking from fountain. very low chance. lots of pets leads to inevitible wishes eventually. First wish should be seven league boots, 2nd aurora ring, 3rd happy bed or barbeque whatever your missing, potition of potential (eventually you will get these in shops), then get astral light pens.
2. aggressive range: you will hear the gun fire and they will find mobs. makes hunter quests faster and less likely to have YASD cause you dont notice something and the fire is loud.
3. Very fast: when i do trading i load up with 1000 weight of goods. Lowers me to 10 speed on world map. Always hit rogue bosses. Like to use mist of frailness (lowers pv/dv) on rogue boss. since slow everything is usually dead before I move again. Note you have to manage your fame for this. Higher fame = harder bosses. You get blue capsule pills from rogue boss encounters that you use to get Kaneda Bike (see previous post) and goods to sell. Very profitable. Plus passes time faster, so useful if you have farm/ranch/gain salary.
4. Panic Quests Easier: get these at 30k fame. These are useful because its like a hunter quest in the town. Best in Palmia/Noyel due to Altar. Altar resets to neutral. So you convert and you get 5x normal amount when convert. Great for god hopping for items. Its hard to spot monsters in Palmia due to size and hallways. So most people due the altar and leave. Huge Fame hit so you can lose the panic quests. With bells they spot the mosts and make noise since aggressive and range. So much faster.

Downside:
1. get lots of aliens: lots of pets drinking = aliens. Keep dye,poison,sulfuric acid.  give to pet to kill child. Low level bells with 1 life usually die from this. So do in town and resurrect. Cheap to ressurrect at low levels. as you get stronger and find rubynus equipment (raises life and hp), they don't die as much. so less hassle.
2. look the same: this is annoying. Pet interface is lousy. press 'i' change name to change names. I name based on what they do or have. One that does breakfast is called 'bell break', one that needs certain limbs/skills/eq, gets that name. Change image too. This is still hassle. Tag Organizaton lets you have 2 pets in 1 space. Easier to manage. Breaks when they die. They will die fairly often earlier because you can get to harder dungeons. losing them and ressurecting is more profitable, but a pain to redo tags.
3. game runs slower: due to their speed/teleporting. if you want to train spells, often better to tell t hem to wait at town. Also when you overload cargo and drop to speed 10 on world map. game runs a little slower. Kind of annoying. No reason to show on world map. I send back to town when i trian performance too since they slow the processing down since they get alot of turns for each one you do and the game moves them around.
4. Train Magic Control: I use a lich claymore, that is heavy on spells. Best way to train magic control is to blast area affect spells with lots of pets. if magic control is lower than your spell pets take damage. Not alot of cushion with bells due to low HP. This improves over time as you get them rubynus eq and they level wtih more damage reduction. During mid-game it gets to be too expensive to resurrect them, so i dont train this. One tip is to blast 1 area affect spell and gets its potential down low and keep it low to train magic control and not level it. Magic control is critical to area affect spells. Overcome over time. I just don't use it for a while.

I am level 62. My Bells range from level 35 to 49. Levelled with gene engineering. I also have 1 murder knight (unique in elona+ see wiki ) as tank, 1 giraffe as mount, 1 demon for my shop (see elona+ for best pets to put in shops), 1 rabbit (on ranch. used to train performance some) Just finished the main game and exploring South Tyris.

My build: started off melee fighter. Claymore is good fighter early. Low charisma so only 1 pet. Charisma is easy to level. So got more pets as charisma went up. Converted to Ekhetel for the charisma bonus mainly so i can get max pets (maxes at 75 charisma). Also since a mage, eventually was able to buy Domination spell from Mage guild so can dominate stronge rmobs and gene engineer to pets to level. i stockpiled my spell books for a while. started reading easy ones. Identiified them to look for blessed ones. Always used scroll of knowledge (before could cast lots of knowledge spells) raised learning so easier to read.

now I wear medium armor and carry dagger. My cast success maxes at 92%.

got the tip for lich claymore on here. Very good build. Just need to build up charisma since it starts low.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: August 17, 2014, 12:09:45 pm »

So the best way to clear the hordes of hell is to strap guns to bells? Sounds perfectly reasonable.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: August 17, 2014, 12:59:02 pm »

I remember that the executioner enemy makes for a good pet.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: August 17, 2014, 01:04:24 pm »

So the best way to clear the hordes of hell is to strap guns to bells? Sounds perfectly reasonable.

It really is. Or quicklings. Anything with high speed and a ranged slot. Just be aware that magic will always rekt these kinds of creatures that rely on not getting hit.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: August 17, 2014, 02:47:02 pm »

It really is. Or quicklings. Anything with high speed and a ranged slot. Just be aware that magic will always rekt these kinds of creatures that rely on not getting hit.

They recently gave magic a chance to miss.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: August 18, 2014, 07:02:06 pm »

I'm assuming that 1.38r is the latest E+ version now right? Well whatever, dl'ed it and migrated my save over to it. It's been awhile since I last played considering my save was in 1.21. I apparently have quite a few changes to stumble on now. Or perhaps I'll visit the wiki and look for some changelogs.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: August 18, 2014, 07:40:40 pm »

Most releases have a forum thread where features are discuss. They finally made learning useful again. They made it totally useless for a long tome. See wiki thread for explanation.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: August 18, 2014, 07:46:47 pm »

They recently gave magic a chance to miss.
Do you remember when this was? I've always been a wizard and don't seem to miss at all despite having read that I can sometimes miss. The only thing I've noticed is the reduced damage from being too far away, and even that is easy to solve (wade up next to them and then shoot them.)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: August 18, 2014, 08:34:24 pm »

I was riding a lame horse I caught to start grinding riding skill, but suddenly the speed when riding the horse dropped down to 10. I cannot figure out why. I then bought a Noyel horse thinking I just got heavier or something but it too is only 10 speed. What happened? And ideas?

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: August 18, 2014, 08:37:40 pm »

Perhaps you have too much cargo? I don't remember the specifics of riding's bonus/penalties, but the cargo might be something to check. Or perhaps you equipped something with a severe malus to your riding skill.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: August 19, 2014, 12:21:30 am »

Perhaps you have too much cargo? I don't remember the specifics of riding's bonus/penalties, but the cargo might be something to check. Or perhaps you equipped something with a severe malus to your riding skill.

Negative to both. Oddly enough, I think that it was fine but then I got off the horse, tried giving it an amulet, took the amulet back, then got back ont he horse and it hit 10 speed.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: August 22, 2014, 06:44:37 am »

Go to a healer. Horse probably got stat drained. May be cheaper to buy a new one.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 291