Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567074 times)

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3510 on: September 05, 2013, 07:17:05 pm »

Ho, they're finally going to add a classic rogue mode eh? Sounds awful bloody, especially considering that Elona characters are like tissue paper when you get into late game. And that's assuming you get your hands on a godly artifact to allow you to actually kill things that are at your level.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: September 05, 2013, 07:38:52 pm »

well...the key thing in elona is speed...in other words buy every hermes blood you can, its a very slow and painful process though
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: September 05, 2013, 08:25:30 pm »

So I spent a bit of time messing around with Overdose mode on a new character, a Golem Predator. Here are some observations so far:

The 20x experience bonus seems to be applied across the board just about everywhere. Anything that modifies EXP gets that bonus. This includes pets, random NPCs and enemies. Hilarity ensues when the common bats you fight start to level their greater evasion, and even level up from it. On the plus side, I was able to get Poppy out of the cave by more or less letting him go on a supervised training montage until he was a bit less fragile. :D Of note, things that DECREASE exp also get boosted. So if you do manage to get cocky and die, expect to lose several points in your stats at once. Not that it's too hard to get them back, but still...

This increase is also applied after all other modifiers are taken into effect. So anything that gives skill exp will give at least 0.020 to a skill. With just a bit of patience (less than normal Elona requires, surely), you can effectively ignore potential. Probably for the best, too, since the skills level up so fast there's no way to keep it at a reasonable level.

Bonus skill points almost feel like cheating... At any decent amount of potential, one point = one skill level, basically.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: September 06, 2013, 01:02:05 am »

i see a post about relationships and pets. how do you get them to like you better? anyway to see their stats or what level they are?

You can see relationship level when you talk to your pets. At first it's a number and text, like "Amiable 98". At higher levels you can no longer see the numbers, like "Soulmate ? ? ?".

To get potion of cure corruption from marriages, you should start a ranch. Make it a ranch of beneficial food, like horse, hand and putit. As you adventure pickup and save all the engagement rings and amulets, and stash them at your ranch.

Once you get a lot of rings, take one of the ranch animals out, and gift them the rings/amulets. Depending on the pet's inventory size, you will need 1 or 2 love potions as well. After you marry it you can also sell it to <Raphael> the Womanizer in Port Kapul for a unicorn horn (+2 karma *gain* for non-human pet).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:04:15 am by kcwong »

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: September 06, 2013, 03:18:54 pm »

1. what is a drop location?
2. how do i get a ranch? are these the deeds I see for sale in some shops? These ranches go on the map some where?
3. will my etherwind disease keep getting worse without more etherwind if i dont get a potion of cure corruption?
4. what is the value increasing relationship with my slaves?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: September 06, 2013, 03:31:32 pm »

1. You'll have to elaborate a bit on this.

2. Buy a deed of ranch. Read it on the overmap square you want to put it on.

3. Etherwind disease will ALWAYS get worse. As time passes you very slowly gain corruption. It gets speeded up from other source; monsters (Like Shining hedgehogs with their corrupting counterattack or some eyes with Eye of Ether), Wearing Ether equipment, and Etherwind are the most common causes. Potions of Cure corruption decrease your corruption and remove mutations but there is no permanent cure.

4. Mostly marriage, but some other effects are there. Squeeze and Rubbing give bonuses to your pets when used on them depending on their relationship with you.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: September 06, 2013, 03:33:57 pm »

2. Yes, they're sold in shops. Use them on the world map to place a ranch wherever you want (most people place them near their homes or a town).

3. Yes; but keep in mind that theoretically even if you aren't exposed to the etherwind during gameplay. Your character was exposed before the game even began, but the etherwind while playing accelerates the disease. It's not even that big of a deal until you get your second or third disease effect, because the disease can't outright kill you before then (I forget exactly how many effects you can have before you start risking that). So you should have plenty of time to a cure corruption potion before the disease poses a risk to your character. (I'll also mention that some people intentionally carry certain effects because of their benefits - the wings being, I believe, because of speed + weight reduction, and I expect there's more, although of course a lot of them aren't as good).

4. Don't know much about that myself; you can eventually marry them (and thus "making a gene"/heir), and I guess the "squeezing"/hugging them before sleeping in Elona+, I don't think there's much else.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: September 09, 2013, 12:40:08 am »

Anyone know if the old tileset (interface and character) has been updated for the newer versions of Elona+? I believe it worked fine on 1.21, but now that new stuff's been added as always, I'm not sure if it's still usable.

e: Those links apparently make you download it from my Dropbox. Actual images pending.
ee: Actual images here and here.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:47:44 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: September 09, 2013, 01:08:47 am »

I tried to apply Deon's tileset on 1.19 before, but found there are quite a number of missing items, e.g. new dishes and furniture. So I'm sticking with the default tileset now.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: September 09, 2013, 06:53:58 am »

3. Yes; but keep in mind that theoretically even if you aren't exposed to the etherwind during gameplay. Your character was exposed before the game even began, but the etherwind while playing accelerates the disease. It's not even that big of a deal until you get your second or third disease effect, because the disease can't outright kill you before then (I forget exactly how many effects you can have before you start risking that). So you should have plenty of time to a cure corruption potion before the disease poses a risk to your character. (I'll also mention that some people intentionally carry certain effects because of their benefits - the wings being, I believe, because of speed + weight reduction, and I expect there's more, although of course a lot of them aren't as good).

The magic number is 20, after which the next ether disease symptom may kill you.  So it's a lot more than a few. 

Still, long before you get to that point, the ether disease will have severely crippled your character.  Potions of cure corruption can cure two or three ether disease symptoms, so I'd suggest either waiting until you get three ether symptoms, or one symptom that you happen to find severely debilitating (for instance, the symptom that turns picked up potions into poison is usually grounds for me to quaff a potion of cure corruption [WITHOUT picking it up first, if it's on the ground, you really don't want those to turn to poison]).

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: September 09, 2013, 04:21:11 pm »

Anyone know how to get Elona+ in english or is there no english for it?

Oglaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: September 09, 2013, 04:25:43 pm »

Anyone know how to get Elona+ in english or is there no english for it?
English does exist for it.
I'm pretty sure that it asks you if you want it in English or Japanese the first time you start it up. If not, it can be changed through the settings.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:06 pm »

Thanks. Now I have to relearn everything about this game. I'm doomed aren't I.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: September 09, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »

Sink some points into Learning potential and you should be fine.

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: September 10, 2013, 01:16:43 pm »

I just found two potions of cure corruption in a level 6 dungeon :P. I have 4 in stock now, which is greeeat. Maybe I will trade one away for some gear.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 291