Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567072 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #3045 on: June 10, 2013, 07:23:08 am »

It should be fine. I noticed the game can sometimes freeze on load if your internet connection sucks
I think that applies to all versions.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: June 10, 2013, 10:33:39 am »

Are saves from 1.19 compatible? Or is there some sort of transfer method? Or is it a crapshoot and I should give up on my Whore White Rose?

Never had to transfer between versions before.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: June 10, 2013, 10:43:42 am »

I've transferred a couple version numbers before, so I don't think you're screwed.

But regardless, perhaps you should try after backing up.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: June 10, 2013, 10:44:49 am »

Save in your house while playing your older version, and then copy the save over to 1.21 and load it up. Should work, as I've just went from 1.17 to 1.21 without a problem..... yet. xP

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: June 10, 2013, 11:12:16 am »

Do you guys/gals identify food before you cook/eat it? Is cursed food something to worry about?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: June 10, 2013, 11:23:05 am »

If you eat cursed food while red hungry It will put you in starving, and if you eat it while starving it CAN flat out kill you.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: June 10, 2013, 11:28:01 am »

What I do is I gather 20 or so uncooked items of the same type (usually from my farm). Let's use Grapes as an example. At 20 or so Grapes, you'll see three stacks of them. One stack will have 12 or so Grapes, and the other two stacks will have 4 or so Grapes. Because of how the drop rates work, it's fairly safe to assume that the big stack of Grapes is uncursed and unblessed, and your small stacks are cursed or blessed.

Cook the large stack and profit/feast!

If you're really paranoid about food items, it's still much more cost-efficient to ID a giant stack (which counts as one ID) than each individual food item.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: June 10, 2013, 11:33:28 am »

I guess I should get a farm. If you get 3 stacks, I guess you could always identify one of the smaller stacks, you'll know for sure which is cursed then.

Is it possible to run a farm without kumiromi? Can you get enough seeds?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:35:21 am by Ygdrad »

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:12 am »

I guess I should get a farm. If you get 3 stacks, I guess you could always identify one of the smaller stacks, you'll know for sure which is cursed then.

Farms are a pretty good investment. Gardening is easy to level because of the Harvest Time quests, and Cooking your produce is one of the best long-term sources of stat gain.

Worshiping Kumiromi will really pump the farm into high gear, but the changes made to Elona+ (particularly the changes to Harvest Time, the Gardening skill, and the addition of Organic Fertilizer) have made it possible to have a successful farm without taking Kumiromi.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: June 10, 2013, 11:46:54 am »

If you eat cursed food while red hungry It will put you in starving, and if you eat it while starving it CAN flat out kill you.
If done too often in a short period of time, it can also trigger 'anorexia,' which is very bad. Any solid food acts as if it's cursed, causing further vomiting. Have fun surviving starvation when you can't eat.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: June 10, 2013, 01:32:58 pm »

If done too often in a short period of time, it can also trigger 'anorexia,' which is very bad. Any solid food acts as if it's cursed, causing further vomiting. Have fun surviving starvation when you can't eat.
You however can eat snow for substance to fix the problem...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: June 10, 2013, 01:36:19 pm »

Which tends to be problematic to acquire about 85% of the time for those already on the verge of starvation.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: June 10, 2013, 01:42:48 pm »

maybe it got changed then in elona+...cant gather a bunch of snow...or maybe its only in noyel that you can since you can make snowmen there...but I usually carried some snow on me in case of situations like that
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: June 11, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »

Does anyone know the specifics of how mounted combat works? The wiki says the mount can take damage and be killed, but does not mention how the damage works. Does the ridden pet take all the damage? Do you both take it? Is it a random chance? Aside from the speed, are there any other bonuses? The wiki says that the lowered pet's speed affects how fast it attacks and heals. How does the pet's actions work? If you move does it still get to attack, technically getting two actions in one turn?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: June 11, 2013, 03:36:53 pm »

Every time you are attacked either you or your pet get targeted. It seem fairly random, but once an enemy "lock" onto you or your mount, he will usually go for the same one every round. In effect this can take a potential death blow in your stead with a bit of luck.

Speed is the only bonus AFAIK, plus you get small malus to your to-hit % and spell success.

This one is conjecture, but the pet do not have to lose round for movements and merely do an attack on adjacent enemies every time it's speed cooldown is up.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 291