Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567232 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2685 on: May 31, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »

i'm dumb still
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:52:36 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: May 31, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »

Except they weren't talking about the latest version.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 31, 2013, 04:48:25 pm »

For reference, here's what it looks like under windows.  I think wine is scaling the fonts instead of using the bitmapped versions designed for smaller sized text.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: May 31, 2013, 04:50:26 pm »

i'm dumb
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:52:21 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: May 31, 2013, 05:50:46 pm »

managed to download elona+ 1.19 from that horrible axfc.

In case someone is interested by this version, i uploaded it on zippyshare (i like it due to no waiting queue) :
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/41573358/file.html

Done without having an account, so i don't know if there's a time limitation but on other host it's usually a month.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: May 31, 2013, 07:14:37 pm »

Spellcasting seems to tremendously increase the exp. I usually get some cursed gear that decreases the exp and I wear them whenever I get close to levelling up. Potions of descent lower your level by one but it's incredibly rare. I managed to find a potion of descent only once and it was in a magic shop. People say zombies drop them and I started running a zombie ranch because of that but none of the zombies I killed dropped any potions.
Er, Why?
So far as I can tell, there aren't really any downsides to being high level. The downsides come with high fame, not high level.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: May 31, 2013, 07:52:51 pm »

^Wait, what version is that? I don't seem to have any skill points-I thought they were still unimplemented. And I certainly wasn't encountering red skeletons right outside Vernis when I was level 1! Plus I haven't done a single quest, so it can't be my fame. . . ???

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: May 31, 2013, 07:53:55 pm »

Skill points have been in since at least basic elona..... 2 years ago or so, whenever I first played the game in highschool.
Nom nom nom

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: May 31, 2013, 08:42:58 pm »

That does make sense since disturbing growth is in game listed as a bad trait, blessed potion of descent increases your level too...so one would think there would be nothing but benefits...in normal elona it is true about levels could be considered crippling since the taxes would end up crushing most attempts to survive...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: May 31, 2013, 08:50:38 pm »

Aside from the noted E+ one, all of them were in the Elona version I played over a year ago. Those systems haven't really changed lately. Either you're playing a waaaaay out of date version or you're misinterpretting the UI (which, let's face it, is pretty easy to misinterpret). The only real thing downside I can think of is the hard level 6 switch where it takes off the kid gloves on the death penalties.

As for fame, you also get it from things like completing dungeons and fighting in the arena.

Edit: yeah, I suppose taxes could be an issue in vanilla, what with the pittance you get in terms of money... E+ is sooo much better in that aspect

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: May 31, 2013, 09:06:44 pm »

summary of what is different in Elona+ in case you're confused :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona+

(edit fixed the link)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 12:38:16 am by Robsoie »

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: May 31, 2013, 09:27:28 pm »

. . .

Some parts of the wiki must be in disrepair. I certainly saw a part of the wiki which claimed a certain race's racial feet (Yerles, I think?) was useless because "Skill points are not yet implemented."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2697 on: May 31, 2013, 09:29:00 pm »

It's possible. I don't think the wiki has a lot of updaters. But yeah skill points are in, mostly used for upgrading potential rather then the skills themeselves.  :P

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: May 31, 2013, 09:31:24 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: May 31, 2013, 09:34:48 pm »

Regarding skillpoints, you should usually just hoard them and use them on high level skills that have low potential, because those skills will cost the most platinum to train. At least, that's what I think you're supposed to do. I'm not too sure on potential myself.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 291