Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567045 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2295 on: July 08, 2012, 12:14:36 am »

lulwy is an all around solid choice for god fr pretty much any class. Speed is king.

Although one might be uncomfortable with her quite much being the Big Bad.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: July 08, 2012, 12:23:45 am »

Elona+ makes it much easier to raise speed though. Once you've finished Lesimas, you can use AP to repeatedly buy speed boosts from the AP trainer. AP cost is equal to your base speed, and you get 10 speed per purchase. Then there's the speed upper potion which you can purchase with music tickets, and the potion of hermes blood is no longer hampered by speed potential.

On a side note; in Elona+, Itzpalt's preferred sacrifice is rods instead of staffs, so he's much easier to please.

Oh, and if you want to convert to Yacatect, she(?) takes up the formerly neutral altar in the Truce Grounds. If you imported your character from another version, you can force-reset the Truce Grounds and it should show up.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 12:25:30 am by Blaze »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: July 08, 2012, 06:59:54 am »

Oh, I also got a special item; if you wish for the god you're currently following and talk to them, they drop a special artifact item.

I tried this with Mani and he didn't give me an item. He just says "Sorry, this is an untranslated sentence!" and wanders around Lumiest.
I think he killed someone. Oh, also, I have an item that shows who someone worships and Mani apparently worships Jure.
Should've wished for seven league boots. Those would've been more useful.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #2298 on: July 08, 2012, 07:38:20 am »

I really like the mental image of a machine god being summoned, him speaking to you in Japanese, and then he heads off to wander around town and occasionally kill a dude for no real reason.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: July 08, 2012, 07:46:36 am »

lulwy is an all around solid choice for god fr pretty much any class. Speed is king.

Indeed, but it's best not to convert to her until you have all the god artifacts you need, as her's is very useless to anyone but pets and enemies.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: July 08, 2012, 10:38:34 am »

I tried this with Mani and he didn't give me an item. He just says "Sorry, this is an untranslated sentence!" and wanders around Lumiest.
I think he killed someone. Oh, also, I have an item that shows who someone worships and Mani apparently worships Jure.
Should've wished for seven league boots. Those would've been more useful.

Does that also happen with the Mani pet reward? I'm doing a Mani char right now and I hope not.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: July 08, 2012, 11:11:45 am »

How would one go about even getting some of the new artifacts? I've only "found" these in wizard mode and they're not even listed on the wiki in any form.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's so upsetting knowing that these actually exist and also not knowing how to get any of them.
Edit: Well, it DOES turn out to be on the Japanese wiki. And all seem to be god possessions/gifts or "random generation"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:28:13 am by JimDale »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: July 08, 2012, 11:30:11 am »

How would one go about even getting some of the new artifacts? I've only "found" these in wizard mode and they're not even listed on the wiki in any form.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's so upsetting knowing that these actually exist and also not knowing how to get any of them.
Some are drops from the South Tyris quest bosses. I know one of the Tonfas can be purchased at Miral&Giral's Workshop. There's an artifact sniper rifle for sale in the music ticket shop...

The gods have a whole bunch now, aside from their original gifts, wishing for a god and talking to them in person will give you a gift - note that you need a significant amount of faith - and some are held by the "god inside god" version of each. So that's a total of 16 new artifacts relegated to gods: 8 talk-to gifts, 7 god-inside-god items (Frisia's Tail is not new), and Yacatect has her(?) artifact gift.

Mani has a new gem (The old gem was changed to something else, an "Energy Matrix of something something".). Yacatect has a gem as well.

The rest are randomly dropped, like the Drake rod.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:32:29 am by Blaze »

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: July 08, 2012, 12:08:17 pm »

Isn't God Inside supposed to be summoned by killing a summoned god?
I'm not even sure how it would be feasible to kill a god summoned through wish, much less kill the turbo-charged Royally PO'ed "Inside" version of it.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: July 08, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »

Isn't God Inside supposed to be summoned by killing a summoned god?
I'm not even sure how it would be feasible to kill a god summoned through wish, much less kill the turbo-charged Royally PO'ed "Inside" version of it.
I believe I remember reading somewhere that the Gods in + are nerfed (although still a difficult fight).

Maybe if you managed to kill the God, you could pickpocked the 'inside' version or something?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: July 08, 2012, 01:43:52 pm »

I managed to beat Ehekatl on my main by spamming up speed buffs until I had ~700 speed, throwing on contingency, getting her drunk, and then smacking her with my god-slaying eye-of-mind boosting scythe. Their DV is recockulous  so crits are the only way to land hits.

Then I went from full health to -12,000 in one hit.

Maybe if you managed to kill the God, you could pickpocked the 'inside' version or something?
Can't pickpocket precious items; they're generated hostile and have high speed anyway.

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: July 08, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »

I managed to beat Ehekatl on my main by spamming up speed buffs until I had ~700 speed, throwing on contingency, getting her drunk, and then smacking her with my god-slaying eye-of-mind boosting scythe. Their DV is recockulous  so crits are the only way to land hits.

Then I went from full health to -12,000 in one hit.

Can't pickpocket precious items; they're generated hostile and have high speed anyway.

Why not use a firearm of some sort? If the old Elona wiki's God information holds true for Elona+, gods only have Frisia's as a weapon and can't use ranged or magic attacks.
Or you can try using a nuke to blow gods up, or ragnarok to *attempt* to kill it with fire, explosions, and dragons.
I'm going to try with a nuke and see what happens, assuming I get a wish anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:08:26 pm by JimDale »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: July 08, 2012, 02:09:05 pm »

Nuke only does 1,000 damage, which is why powerful NPCs can survive them. Compared to Elona+'s nerfed Mewmewmew (99999) damage. The "normal" version of the god barely loses about a tenth of his/her HP from a mewmewmew, which is available via Mani's gemstone.

Gods use normal weaponry, only the god-inside-god uses artifact weapons.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 02:11:31 pm by Blaze »

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: July 08, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »

Nuke only does 1,000 damage, which is why powerful NPCs can survive them. Compared to Elona+'s nerfed Mewmewmew (99999) damage. The "normal" version of the god barely loses about a tenth of his/her HP from a mewmewmew, which is available via Mani's gemstone.

Gods use normal weaponry, only the god-inside-god uses artifact weapons.
So what would be an option, then?

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: July 08, 2012, 02:36:20 pm »

To get those god-in-god weapons? You either grind or cheat.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 291