Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567030 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #2010 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:33 pm »

Yeah, that sword is quite sucky as it starts Etherwind and spawns numerous high level enemies.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: April 03, 2012, 08:44:22 pm »

Yeah, that sword is quite sucky as it starts Etherwind and spawns numerous high level enemies.

And set EVERYTHING on fire, I don't plan on using it for practical reasons of course :)

It feels like it would act as a nuke in itself. Swing sword, run, loot later.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: April 03, 2012, 08:45:25 pm »

The enemies and Etherwind will still be there, though. And don't aliens come out too? I wouldn't know, because I am boring.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: April 03, 2012, 08:47:02 pm »

So? Enter, kill something, leave heal. Repeat for free stuff.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: April 04, 2012, 04:55:18 am »

So? Enter, kill something, leave heal. Repeat for free stuff.

Try it and you'll see...

Also, he and Loyter are quite likely to survive the nuclear bomb. When you return they will attack, and that sword will be used. Then you can see what it does.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:57:19 am by kcwong »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: April 04, 2012, 07:01:14 am »

Question. Has anyone ever tried nuking a town other then palmia? Like Vernis? I believe there is a guy there that has a sword that has a chance to end the world. Might be worth the penalty for failing the quest.

I have the sword already. I got it by killing him (which was difficult) It doesn't work well. You'll say goodbye to any city you swing the sword on until it resets.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: April 04, 2012, 09:30:03 am »

Question. Has anyone ever tried nuking a town other then palmia? Like Vernis? I believe there is a guy there that has a sword that has a chance to end the world. Might be worth the penalty for failing the quest.

I have the sword already. I got it by killing him (which was difficult) It doesn't work well. You'll say goodbye to any city you swing the sword on until it resets.

There the cheat code to reset a square tho... IIRC, press Backspace while you're standing on it?

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »

That sword is the equivalent of using a hand grenade in a fist fight.  Except the hand grenade, instead of blowing you to chunks, summons dragons.  And fantasy nuclear fallout.  And chestbursters.  Other than that, just like a hand grenade though.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: April 05, 2012, 09:52:22 am »

Yeah, the origional comparison isn't very good. In Elona, it's viable to use a grenade in a fistfight.

Oh, and i'm trying to boost my strength, and pickpocketing trees is taking awhile. Any other ideas?
Everybody!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: April 05, 2012, 10:38:52 am »

Steal windows.
*Hugs*

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:12 am »

Yeah, the origional comparison isn't very good. In Elona, it's viable to use a grenade in a fistfight.

Oh, and i'm trying to boost my strength, and pickpocketing trees is taking awhile. Any other ideas?

Always be burdened... ranch multiple arms and eat them all. Fight in arena and pickpocket everything you can lift after the fight.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: April 05, 2012, 12:30:24 pm »

Well, i've always been burdened.

Windows are good for strength? K.

I've a hand of the dead ranched, but its breed level is something like 130. Takes forever.
Everybody!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »

Windows are good for house rank, and carrying a ton around will help build weightlifting :P
*Hugs*

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: April 05, 2012, 02:02:38 pm »

When you have a high enough pickpocket skill, steal some treausure machines. Blue ones weigh 14 stones and it's the best way to raise your house rank. Place them in your home until your house becomes 1st then sell it. It's a good way to complete thieves guild stealing quest. Blue ones go for like 15k if I remember right. If you have a really high pickpocket skill and enough strength, try stealing the red ones.

Steal crystals if you don't have a high pickpocket skill. They don't weigh much and are valuable. My castle is 1st in rank and I got that by having 6 treasure machines and around 10 crystals in my house.

You can clear some dungeons to increase your strength. You have to use the combat skills that train strength though. If you are using Two Handed, Axe/Martial Arts/Scythe/Long Sword and Tactics for combat, clearing dungeons is the best way to raise strength. You'll get loot and chests too. If you have a Sand Bag, tie up a monster and just beat the crap out of it. It won't die anyway.

Or you can always visit a fountain and savescum the crap out of it until you get a STR increase.

edit:typo
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:26:27 pm by Leatra »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: April 05, 2012, 02:41:31 pm »

Ah ,thanks. Which reminds me, I might go to Noyel for some delicious water.

Oh, and I can't speak to my Ranch-grown hands. Should I throw balls at the instead? I want to move one to another ranch.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 291