Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567078 times)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #1500 on: November 09, 2011, 01:53:04 am »

Also, Juere Claymores are queen in Elona, always.

Fixed that for you.

Does a travelling merchant's rank increase the difficulty of robbing him? So, will a rank 94 be easier or harder to rob than, say, rank 20000 or something?

I think so, but be aware that rank 94 is extremely high. I mean extremely high. To put it in context, that value goes up by 1 each time you invest in a given shop. Most normal shops are 10-20.

I wouldn't bother with trying to rob them until you're pretty high leveled anyhow, as they have a fairly strong force of guards. If you're looking for cash, just find a good lute, bless it, and start practicing your Performer skill on low leveled followers and townsfolk, assuming you have Performer.

No performer, none at all. I used a harmonica I had found, and died from a stone.

NEVER AGAIN...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:54:49 am by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 09, 2011, 01:59:37 am »

Also, Fairy Pianists are queen in Elona, always.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.

Fixed that for you.
/pyramid
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 09, 2011, 02:27:01 am »

Also, Fairy Pianists are queen in Elona, always.
I'm willing to endorse this statement.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:20 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:00:27 am by Ogdibus »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 09, 2011, 03:20:16 am »

No performer, none at all. I used a harmonica I had found, and died from a stone.

NEVER AGAIN...

Doing that in Vernis are you?

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Loyter_crimson_of_Zanan

He's the second sick joke the game prepared for you. The first is the tutorial guy, Lomias.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Lomias_the_messenger_from_Vindale.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 09, 2011, 04:40:54 am »

Is there a hierarchy for music instruments?  For example when cooking, the wiki says the barbecue set is the best, and I'm wondering what music instrument is considered the "best" and how to gauge that.  Probably an expensive piano right?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 09, 2011, 04:51:00 am »

Pretty much that. But nothing beats the <Stradivarius>, should you be able to get one.

Start by genociding every bard you see.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 09, 2011, 06:02:11 am »

In the business, we call that songicide.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:21 am »

Hm okay so I read up a bit more on this.  To find out when/where artifacts were created I read the scroll of oracle.  It tells me a bow, a dagger, and a sword were created; the former in my home and the two latter in vernis like years ago.  Does the oracle scroll list all artifacts that were generated?  Does this mean the Stradivarius has not been generated yet?

Thanks for answering my questions guys.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 09, 2011, 11:56:05 am »

Hm okay so I read up a bit more on this.  To find out when/where artifacts were created I read the scroll of oracle.  It tells me a bow, a dagger, and a sword were created; the former in my home and the two latter in vernis like years ago.  Does the oracle scroll list all artifacts that were generated?  Does this mean the Stradivarius has not been generated yet?

Thanks for answering my questions guys.
I'm guessing the Sword, Dagger, and Bow are Ragnarok, The Bow of Vinderre, and The Ether Dagger, respectively; all three are guaranteed artifacts.

Oracle scrolls list all "Special" artifacts - i.e. not randarts - that were created AFTER an oracle scroll was last read (So you won't see those 3 if you read another oracle scroll; unless another copy spawned). However, artifacts that are dropped by killing specific monsters (Stradivarius, Unknown Shell, Crimson Plate, etc) aren't held in the monster's inventory and will only appear after a monster "drops" it via the random loot mechanism; and thus will not appear on the oracle scroll.

On a similar note, the Sage's Helm and Diablo aren't "created" until you buy them; so they won't show up on an oracle scroll either.

So yes, the Strad has not been generated, but artifact monster drops can happen multiple times; so it's just a matter of killing until it does drop.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:00:00 pm by Blaze »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 09, 2011, 12:04:18 pm »

Unfortunately, the Oracle Scroll and spell lists every artifact that was generated, without regard if said artifact was eaten up by a dungeon and became non-existent.

So, in short, that Bow of Vinderre and Ether Dagger is most likely gone, due to their wielders disappearing.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:36 pm »

Thanks for the detailed answer Blaze.  So New Guy, does that mean the bow and the dagger are gone forever?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:48 pm »

I don't think blaze is right about it not generating until you kill them. I've used pickpocket to check bards inventories before, and seen a Stradivarius in there.

I think how it works is that all bards inventories are static, and they will always have one musical instrument. If you kill them, and they don't drop their musical instrument, they will just respawn with the same one. But, if you kill them and they drop their musical instrument, when they generate next, they will have a new instrument, which might include a Stradivarius.

Obviously this makes kill them to get a strad a long and tedious process, but you can speed it up if you have pickpocket. By pickpocketing their musical instrument they will generate a new one, and you can repeat this until you get a strad.

If you don't have high pickpocket, you can wait for the winter festival in Noyel. The festival will generate 6+ fresh bards, killing them all gives you a very good chance of getting the strad. I got two strads from my first festival. If you don't get any, and you're not averse to some scummy gameplay, you can backup your save before entering Noyel and reload the backup if you don't get a strad.

So New Guy, does that mean the bow and the dagger are gone forever?

The dagger and the bow will both always spawn in Lomias' and Larnniere's inventory in the beginning of the game. You can get both artifacts at any time by killing them, unless you've told them to leave your house. You will encounter Lomias plenty of times in party time quests, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting his bow. But you will likely never encounter Larnniere again. Which is a real shame because her ether dagger totally rocks. It's probably the best weapon for fairy dual wielding with the lucky dagger.

That's why I always use the free nuke from the red blossom quest to kill those meddlesome elves in the beginning of the game.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:20:19 pm by Vucar Fikodastesh »
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 09, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »

Thanks for the detailed answer Blaze.  So New Guy, does that mean the bow and the dagger are gone forever?

Not really, but you lost your chance of getting it at an earlier point in time. Artifacts in Elona keep getting generated, regardless if there's two of the same artifact in the game. Acquiring the same artifact while you have the other copy in your inventory will transmute the artifact into a generic one. In essence, if you have the ability to kill high-level monsters, you can farm Lomias for his bow, and all his subsequent bows that will transmute if you have a copy of the original in your inventory.

Problem is, where can you find the unique weapon wielders if they disappear? Lomias appears in parties, so that's no problem, but Larnierre doesn't appear anywhere, IIRC, aside from the Void, where all bosses can appear, and are tough as nuts.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:26:34 pm by New Guy »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 09, 2011, 12:26:42 pm »

Aw I just looked up that dagger... That thing looks real nice.  And yeah, I did tell them to leave.  Wish I knew about this before; and thanks for the info on getting the Stradivarius.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 291