Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66182 times)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2011, 09:35:44 pm »

Hmmm...
So I built up the desire to play this.... downloaded... installed... ran... FROZE.
Every time I try and login the application freezes (Not Responding). And to make things worse I *cannot* shut the process down no matter what I do. I *have to* restart my computer...
lame.
Have you tried task manager or do you not have that?
Yep, tried it. and that's what freaks me out; I can try 'End Task'ing the application in the task manager to no success (which actually is not that uncommon) but the fact that I cannot 'End Process' it either is way strange. That *always* works, 'always' being every single time I have tried except for with SoH :-P

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:06 pm »

so i decided to try this game out, i get decently far at least i would think so for the first day, was going to start building air stuff when the game lagged out completly and now i get the limbo screen non-stop whenever i try to log in, also cant register for the forums since it says my account doesn't exist :(
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Sinned

• Bay Watcher
  • <Intentionally left blank>
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 20, 2011, 08:44:07 am »

so i decided to try this game out, i get decently far at least i would think so for the first day, was going to start building air stuff when the game lagged out completly and now i get the limbo screen non-stop whenever i try to log in, also cant register for the forums since it says my account doesn't exist :(

Ok, here is what you do... Get a goat, a chicken, a bowl, some candles, salt (large bag) and a sharp knife. Next step is, oh hold on...

(on the background)**what do you mean I can't ask of him to do that? Bloody hell...**

Ok, forget that... use this instead.

The following e-mail address is obvuscated to avoid detection by web bots. Your advanced human brain will figure it out.

Hazeron
at
Software Engineering
dot
com

Still think my way is better and faster, but hey, they actually check that adress also. Less blood also...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:46:26 am by Sinned »
When you find yourself in the company of a dwarf and an ill-tempered Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon... just the dwarf.

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 20, 2011, 10:30:39 pm »

If any of you kids want to help a fledgling empire, feel free to join the Cahokian Replubic. :D
Yeah yeah yeah!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 20, 2011, 10:59:36 pm »

I love this game. I even have a dwarven civilization :3

(Literally, the species is very short and they have beards)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Stealtharcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cool Guy 3217
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2011, 07:38:07 pm »

I built my city in a day and went to the moon.

I'll say, those rockets are total deathtraps. I'm building my first spaceship right now to finalize my moonbase, ten bucks says I crash right into the planet.

Also, my immigration status is open, so if anybody wants to join just look up Cahokian Republic
Yeah yeah yeah!

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #231 on: October 21, 2011, 03:33:24 pm »

Combat being updated, bombs / plastic explosives can now be set and remotely detonated (and chain detonate!), ships doors can be blown open, dynamite can be thrown, kinetic damage pushes, etc.

Definitely not all there though, but some interesting new stuff in progress (and I am in the process of stacking bombs around a ship to see how big a boom / server crash I can get).
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 21, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »

I might get back in this weekend. I wonder what has become of my empire; if the capitol is still there then it's loaded with Tl32 tech. But I haven't played in a while.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 21, 2011, 09:58:02 pm »

Ship to ship combat is currently horribly broken due to the weapon bay nerf, however.

KG

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »

Can you fill a ship with explosives, drive right next to another ship, then trigger the explosives, destroying both ships?

If yes, then ship to ship combat is definitely NOT horribly broken :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 22, 2011, 12:32:11 am »

Fighters are currently one of the most effective ways of defeating enemy ships. Weapon bays aren't terribly effective. Neither are stars. (You can fly into a star and sit there, and you'll only leak fuel. I'm curious what will happen if you build a ship with only one fuel cell, and a ridiculous amount of power plants, and fly THAT into a sun.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #236 on: October 22, 2011, 01:50:13 am »

I blew up a massive amount of bombs on a ship.  Took 7 minutes to load the explosion.  Didn't kill the ship but did a large amount of damage (and you CAN load bombs onto one ship and have them blow and hit a ship near it).  So, while technically possible, you are going to need a LOT of bombs (1000ish).

I also dub this the 'terrorism' update.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 22, 2011, 02:28:46 am »

Still it is impossible to play as rogue without home world?
I mean i would get in again just to play around in own ship prefered TL32 ofcourse and do "Merc" jobs for others in need ( including courier missions ).
Maybe that way could have some interaction with players more than 98% of time build own cities.
And have the planet population max increased what it was back 6 months ago?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 22, 2011, 02:34:44 am »

Was considering this but holy shit, the games graphics card demands are high for what it presents.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 22, 2011, 11:43:02 am »

What would be the Bay12 faction to join in to take a look what it is like at this time?
I'd rather not do another pointless 1 man race/faction to cluuter the systems.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41